• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biggest Loser Fall Challenge!

QOTD Monday 9/17: Do you believe that peace and tranquility are a big part of your journey? Do you have a way to get ahold of that peace and use it to your advantage? Maybe you wake up 15 minutes before everyone else and get centered for the day. It may be that you find your tranquility by sleeping those extra 15 minutes ;)

I always feel at peace when I get out into nature for a hike/walk. I have a great selection of walking/hiking paths in my town and neighboring towns. If I am at work - I will head out the door for about 20 - 30 minutes. I work in Boston near the harbor - so I will walk the harborwalk.

qotd When I'm feeling stressed I try to do the breathing exercises taught to me many moons ago at antenatal classes. You know the ones -basically deep breathing as a way of coping with contractions. Personally I find them more useful now (etinox did a much better job for me during labour:rotfl2:)! They really do help me stay calm once I remember to actually do them though I have also been known to go outside and dig in the garden if I'm feeling angry about something and that works too;)

LOL I hear you about that breathing. I told the poor nurse who reminded me to breath - "That may work on your young patients, but I'm almost 40 and don't believe in that silliness (I used stronger verbage!!!) DH burst out laughing - which didn't help the mood in the room!!!

I popped on to catch up and only made it to your post before I have to get ready to leave work. I have to tell you, I am exhausted just reading about all you've been through! But, I'm glad you had a nice vacation :)

Jill

The first time I hear "Welcome Home" all my cares go out the window.

:wave2:

Finally getting a chance to stop back in for a quick hello. This job (school secretary) is kicking my rear! I thought with essentially working for 3 months at the end of the school year I had an idea of what I was getting into but this job is a lot more demanding than what I was doing. I am seriously having 2nd thoughts about taking it. I won't quit and do hope I will be there for a long time but I am understanding how easy it can be to get burned out. Hopefully it will continue to get easier for me as I get used to it and stop feeling so "in over my head". My coworkers are great (I am the baby of the group at age 42!) and very supportive and have really been helpful. The selfish part of me is wishing though that I was still a SAHM and could still focus on myself and my weight loss full time. Have had some scheduling conflicts with my kids that have also caused me to have to call in some favors from friends and that was stressful.

The first 2 weeks I did end up losing about 5 pounds but they found me again. :sad2: I need to stop stress eating and just grabbing junk because I am too tired to think about what to eat. I take healthy stuff to work and do fine there-- greek yogurt for breakfast, some soup and leftovers for lunch, cheese stick and fruit sometimes in the afternoon. Then I come home and grab whatever junk I can get my hands on. :headache: I am too tired to chew so usually it is something full of carb and/or sugar.

I have my water bottle next to me but the more of it I drink the more I have run to the bathroom and I have let the others know if I have to leave my desk. I hate having to announce to the whole office that I have to go potty every I need to go so going even more frequently would get me very strange looks. :upsidedow

Going to see if I get time to read back some and see how everyone is doing.

In a couple of months - you will look back and be surprised that you felt overwhelmed by the job. Sounds like you have supportive coworkers - and that will help alot.

Do you think you are eating enough during the day?? Looks like you may be only eating 500 - 700 calories. If I break my calories up more evenly throughout the day - I don't seem to get those times that I would eat anything just to fill the void.

Well this is the recipe that I use. Only I cook the fish to temperature and then cut into cubes and add to the sauce. Yum yum. :cool1:

I love her site!!! I will have to put this one on my list to make!!

Janis

I really beleive in Peace and tranquility and try to attain it as much as possible. Many times just having a few minutes to myself to read a book is all I need.

When things get really hectic DH and I slip away to the coast and just sit on the beach watching the waves and reading a book. Last time we went to the coast we threw crab pots and enjoyed trying to catch keepers. :beach:

When I can't get away I remember the times I did get to just sit on the beach and watch the waves and birds and it usually helps me to calm down and recenter.

Just a fly by post. Been crazy busy! Ds1 goes off to college tomorrow, so life should settle down. Was out of town over the weekend, eating was sooo bad. But I certainly paid for it all night long; stupid me for forgetting my Prilosec! Hope everybody is doing well; I will catch up soon! :goodvibes

Hi there fall challenge team!!! I'm so excited to post the week 1 results!

Biggest Loser Fall Challenge! Week 1

First, some statistics:

MAINTAINERS (i.e. participants staying within 2 lbs of their goal weight):

Maintainers Reporting In & Successfully Maintaining-----2
Congratulations princessbride6205 (Nicole) & myweegirls (Liz)!!!
Maintainers Missing this week------------------------- 1

LOSERS:

Current Participants----------------68
Missing this week----------------5
Excused-------------------------2
Weigh ins-----------------------61

Losses--------------------------38
Maintains----------------------- 7
Gains --------------------------12
New this week-------------------5
Welcome bellaally (Alexandra), ditsypixie (Melanie), DoomBuggieDriver, tiki23 (Alice), and vitfamily (Karen)!!

This week’s group loss = 67.4 pounds!
Average percentage of weight lost 0.59%

RETENTION RATE (including Maintainers and Losers): 65/71 = 92%

THE WISH BIGGEST LOSER FALL CHALLENGE! WEEK 1 SUPERSTARS!!

Disclaimer: I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me. For your reference the weight lost formula is = loss for the week divided by last week's weight times 100.

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 1?

#10 - 1.62% - ougrad86 (Carol)
#9 - 1.67% - bigsis1970 (Michelle)
#8 - 1.71% - STLnative
#7 - 1.83% - BethisLucy (Beth)
#6 - 1.95% - glss1/2fll (Linda)
#5 - 2.00% - dvccruiser76 (Sue)
#4 - 2.37% - cookzilla
#3 - 2.40% - jbm02 (Jude)
#2 - 2.41% - slriver (Tracy)

and now

The WISH Biggest Loser Fall Challenge! Week 1 Biggest Loser is:
#1 - 2.42% - D73 (Christopher)

Congratulations!!!

What a great week you had. Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser. Wear it with pride this week!

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version:

31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg

or use this:
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by

or we have a medium version:

31040weeklyBLmed.jpg

or use this:
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by

and we have a small version:

31040weeklyBLsm.jpg

or use this:
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great?!

NOW FOR THOSE OF US WHO SET A GOAL FOR THE CHALLENGE!!!

How this works: You set your goal for what you want to lose in the challenge. Then I calculate your weight loss in the challenge divided by your goal to get a % to goal. Anybody can change their goal at anytime (or add a goal) – all you have to do is send me a PM.

We have done 1 out of 10 weeks, so the challenge is 10% complete.

6ofus2 - 1.16
andijean - 0.00
ChelleyB - 0.00
D73 - 24.16
disneymom2one - 2.30
ditsypixie - 0.00
DoomBuggieDriver - 0.00
DorkyDisneyMom - 0.00
EDuke98080 - 0.00
Flossbolna - 16.67
indygirl99 - 20.00
KayTom - 0.00
kollerbear - 5.41
lmhall2000 - 0.00
lovetoscrap - 0.00
luvpoohandcompany - 20.00
MelindaRuns - 0.00
MickeyMagic - 0.00
mommyof2Pirates - 0.00
mskayjay - 5.00
Octoberbride03 - 0.00
ougrad86 - 20.00
::Snow_White:: - 0.00
sue and co - 0.00
SunnyB1066 - 5.60
tiki23 - 0.00

Good Tuesday morning everyone

Congrats Christopher for being our biggest loser this week.

I had a productive day yesterday. Made some squares for a quilt I am making. I didn't think I would like it since it was in black white/grey and green. These are not colors I usually work in but I love it and I think it will come out great.

Just finished a tai chi routine and I set for the day.

Have a happy and healthy day.

Yay for that Week 1 participation rate! This time of year, that's really saying something! :) Congratulations, Christopher, on your Biggest Loser title this week!

I'm having such a time keeping my head above water these days. School, extracurriculars, work - it's just crazy. I need about another 5-6 hours a day so I can get a decent night's sleep! Today is my commuting day, so I was up just after 5 to meet my carpool buddy and get downtown, and now here I am at my desk. *yawn* Once my workday is clear, it's off to swim lessons for the girls, dinner near swim class to avoid the traffic, home to get the girls to bed (DH has a church committee meeting), then to the couch for more work and some TV. Oy. At least DH is home today to be there for the work getting done in our house (new hardwood stairs last week, carpet runner this week).

Foodwise, I've been doing well enough to maintain, despite a few off-the-rails days. DD's birthday was yesterday, and so we've had cake, cake, and more cake. :) And today's lunch, as long as it's not monsooning, will be a lobster roll (CT style!) from a food truck I love. As a displaced New Englander, I seek out good lobster rolls and will go out of my way for them... But mostly I've been on plan with food. The ToT 10-Miler is a week from Saturday, too (!), so my exercise has been on track as I get ready for that. I went 11 miles on Friday night - my last long training run before the race!

DH and I will be away at WDW from 9/28-10/2 - the race will hopefully offset the damage we do at Food & Wine... :)

XO
Liz

Thanks for all the payers and well wishes.
Turns out the two people killed were NOT, in fact, high schoolers. It was two men in their 30s from the town over. I didn't know them but one did have three kids. :(

Hope you all have been having a great week. I am not expecting to be on much this challenge. Between full time school, part time work, and as much social as I can fit in, it's crazy over here. Enjoy your day!

Congrats to Christopher and all the other losers this week! And to everyone who is trying, congrats! In my world, failure is defined by not even trying so the fact that you are here at least means you are working towards a better you! If last week wasn't a good week, oh well! Get over it and move forward! This is a new week and today is a new day to reach a higher level of success and the only person keeping you from getting there is you!

After being a total stinker and eating terrible this weekend with all the company we had, I managed to be good yesterday and even took Duncan (my furbaby) for a quick 1 mile run yesterday and then went back out later for a nice walk. It is rainy and gray here today so in between the never ending job hunting I am getting caught up on the laundry from the weekend and roasting a big ole chicken and some veggies. Yum!

Shew, I am BE-HIND! I need to step it up and get replies to you all a lot faster!

Which leads us to today's QOTD from JacksLilWench

China!

One of the biggest aspects in Chinese culture is peace, tranquility, and balance. The yin and the yang. The Chinese are believers in feng shui, the idea that the objects in your life and home can be balanced to create positive energy. I'm not sure I entirely buy into the belief, but balance and peace are very important to me and my journey to wellness and goal.

QOTD Monday 9/17: Do you believe that peace and tranquility are a big part of your journey? Do you have a way to get ahold of that peace and use it to your advantage? Maybe you wake up 15 minutes before everyone else and get centered for the day. It may be that you find your tranquility by sleeping those extra 15 minutes

I am planning on starting my morning with a yoga routine to help ease into my day ( I already take a class once a week on Thursday night)and I have been working on adding a meditation to my morning routine. I am only at 2 minutes of meditation but I will adding time over the next couple of weeks.

I am coaching next week and I will be telling about my trip to DW last month along with the question of the day.

Have a happy and healthy day.

First of all Dona, I hope your migraine goes away soon!! Second, two minutes is quite a long time to be meditating- at least for me! I really should try to get some accomplished.

I can hardly wait to hear all about your trip next week :)

QOTD Monday 9/17: Do you believe that peace and tranquility are a big part of your journey? Do you have a way to get ahold of that peace and use it to your advantage?

I hope that peace and tranquility comes with the journey. I've had a rough couple of months. I've found that taking the 30 min for myself to just put the music and app on and go do my walk/run intervals has centered me. It gives me time alone with my thoughts. No kids, no hubby etc. It's me time. I'm looking to improve my coping techniques and not turn to food.

I'm in the same boat, trying to learn how to manage sometimes without turning to food. It's funny though, when I run, I totally block all my thoughts out and can only think about the music and getting to the end!

Hi WISHERS! Merry Monday morning to everyone! Hope this turns out to be the week I finally land a great job. Much as I love the freedom of not working, this is getting a little old at this point!

Catching up on old questions....I hate fish and seafood of all types! Grew up on Long Island and we had to eat it all the time and I just can't stand it! I will catch it, clean it, and cook it for you but I am not eating it! lol

Peace and Tranquility....I think that is like trying to catch water in a net. You can't seek it out, you have to just let it happen. It's like most people who try yoga or meditation....it is amazing how hard you have to work at relaxing! I think peace and tranquility comes from doing what you love and making the time for just that be it reading, gardening, or going for a run. The P&T I feel when I get to that incredible place of exhaustion and then just push through to the runner's high is just unreal! I feel like that when I go out for the day to do photography or when I get lost in a great book. For some it is found in their daily prayers. Is it part of this journey? It should be part of our lives but I think its important to not make it one more item on our "to do" list. Let it just happen and also realize that it really happens more in our day to day lives than we realize.

I was awful this weekend with a houseload of company and a list of related events to attend throughout the weekend. Dinners out, cocktails like a fiend, and then the dreaded bagels....one of my guests always brings Long Island bagels when he comes up and I resisted until yesterday morning when I was feeling a bit quesy from the cocktails the night before. OMG I had forgotten how great a perfectly toasted bagel with butter tastes! DH will be taking all of the leftover ones to work with him as I simply can't have them in the house. lol Our weather here is beautiful again so I'm going to go hit one of the parks and get in a good walk/run and then hit the markets for some healthy eats! Have good one!

It's so funny, people who were forced to eat seafood growing up usually hate it as an adult! I guess I was never forced, I love it :) And man oh man, is a runner's high a real one! I had to do my long run last night (that's why I'm just now getting to replies) and had to do nine miles! At first I started running because I had to to get done. Then I stayed running because it felt way better than walking-and I felt like I couldn't stop!

qotd When I'm feeling stressed I try to do the breathing exercises taught to me many moons ago at antenatal classes. You know the ones -basically deep breathing as a way of coping with contractions. Personally I find them more useful now (etinox did a much better job for me during labour:rotfl2:)! They really do help me stay calm once I remember to actually do them though I have also been known to go outside and dig in the garden if I'm feeling angry about something and that works too;)

Deep breathing is one of the best techniques for me to get calmed down and focused again when I get upset. I wish I still had a garden to dig around in when I get upset! My DDad decided to use it and grow some pumpkins this year...which was a success fortunately!

Aww hope your feeling better... I do like the mild tasting fish and I like shrimp (not scollops, clams or lobster) being from Maine people find that odd.. I like to put mine in a small pan sprayed with pam drizzled with a bit of butter and some lemon juice and breadcrumbs (or ritz cracker crumbs) but I mostly buy frozen filets - Sea Cuisine I think it is has a great tortilla crusted one and this week I am going to try the Thank Goodness Lemon Pepper Pacific Cod next. Oh and I love the Gorton's grilled or scampi frozen shrimp in the bag

Well I am a Libra and believe that balance and harmony rule my world.. I don't do anything special, the right time just finds me sometimes that means I get a few quiet mins to thumb thru a catalog or read a few chapters on my kindle or a scrapbooking day with some friends i've not seen in a long while..

That shrimp sounds pretty good, I might have to try that as well. So many new seafood recipes, I love it! And that's awesome about the right time finding you instead of you chasing after it. Sometimes that action can wear you out itself!

Today was very hard for me, about two weeks ago, I bent down to pick a cup off the floor, and this crazy back spams left me unable to move or bend. I was on the floor for the whole day and flat on my back for like five days. I called my md and got an appointment for oct. 16( that's a long time) I have suffer from a pinched sciatic nerve. I did go to the ER but all they did was give me Tylenol 3, ( I am breast feeding so they can give me anything really stronger. Anyway when I get up in the morning it's the worst lower back pain. I can relax it a little and I get up and walk it normally feels better. But today during the walk it was so intense I had to cut it short. I hope and pray it gets better, it usually goes away on its own. But this time it's taking forever.

I do believe you have to heal from the inside out. I think this is why I never have really kept the weight off. I love to give myself ten minutes in the morning and meditate. It also helps relieve stress. My teacher once told me... You can't change your environment, but you can change yourself. If you know your going into work and it's a hostile environment just be positive tell yourself no matter what happens I am gonna be happy and stay calm. Most people start off negative even in the car, oh no I am going into this place again, it's gonna be horrible, this lady is gonna be rude, there is so much work to do etc. you make yourself negative before you even get to a place. Change yourself...be positive!

I hope you feel better soon!! :flower3: I am a firm believer in the inside-out strategy. You cannot make the outside healthy and strong unless the inside is to start with. And I use the same strategy at work, especially with one of my co-workers. I can't change her actions, all I can control is my REaction, so that's all I focus on!

Peace and Tranquility......Don't I wish!!!
Not realy good at this. Don't have much "ME" time though I know that I need to carve some time out so I can be more relaxed.

When I do get the chance...I nice glass of wine and hot bath always tends to help me relax. I used to play the piano to chill out but don't do it often now since we have an open floor plan and it would disturb everyone in the house.

Today has been a little better at least on the OP front. So many things on my plate at home and work that seem to be spiraling out of control so staying OP is even more difficult as I am such a stress eater!!! Just want to curl up and hide away....I know things will work out in the way they were meant to but it is just difficult to go through the process..:sad2:

ON A FUN NOTE:
The popcorn buckets at Disneyland were sooooooooooooooooo cute!!! I got one that is a coffin that has Jack Skeleton on it and then another that is a Mickey Ghost!! and I love the mug I got as well!! I so love halloween and being in the part was so much fun...even if it was only for a few hours. Was neat to see the transformation of the park as the week went on. When we arrived on Monday there was only the large pumpkins at the entrance and by weeknds end they were everywhere!!
Can't wait to go back again with the family to enjoy the season and see it at night!!

A nice glass of wine is my favorite way to relax!! And the popcorn buckets sound so cute, did you get any pictures of them??

I think it is really important to get in touch with "you." Back in the day (12 years ago :rolleyes2) I meditated every day. Ah to be young and have time :rotfl:. Maybe 10 years ago I was really into yoga. Since then, not so much and as bellaally said, keeping the weight off means finding a way to heal from the inside. This QOTD really has me thinking. I am going to add a little yoga/meditation to my schedule a few days a week. I think i have a DVD collecting dust somewhere to get me back into it.

You should definitely pull that DVD out...I'm thinking of pulling mine out as well, as long as I didn't give it away to Goodwill already!

Could it be your gallbladder? I know that sounds odd but my SIL was having what she thought was back problems but it was gallstones!

BellaAlly, I've heard this quite a bit, it may be worth looking into or getting a second opinion!

I love fish! It is one of my most favorite things to eat. I never cook it cuz I am so afraid of undercooking/overcooking it, however sushi is one of my favorite ways to have fish, go figure. I have been reading all the recipes today and it is making me feel a little braver about trying to cook it. :scratchin

You can totally do one of these recipes, they sound so simple and easy. Just follow the instructions and enjoy a tasty healthy dinner!

This is something that I really need to work on, especially with my anxiety. I have gotten a lot better, but when something happens I immediatly feel an anxiety attack coming on and have to remind myself to calm down cuz getting anxious is not going to solve anything. After a long day of work I like to sit down and watch tv and work on my cross stitch. It helps me relaxe after a long day.

Have you talked to a professional about using breathing techniques or bio-feedback? I feel like people use that a LOT and it really works. It may be worth Googling, at least :)

Originally Posted by JacksLilWench
QOTD Monday 9/17: Do you believe that peace and tranquility are a big part of your journey? Do you have a way to get ahold of that peace and use it to your advantage?

I've never thought about this before. At one point, I tried yoga, but it didn't really do anything for me. I don't really try to center myself, or anything like that. But maybe I need to do so. I tend to scrapbook or read when I need some "me" time, but I never try to get in touch within myself.

I've always found when I get in touch with myself, I feel so much better about everything around me. It helps me declutter, both mentally and physically. And then there's space for all the new positive things in my life :goodvibes You should give yoga another try!

Well this is the recipe that I use. Only I cook the fish to temperature and then cut into cubes and add to the sauce. Yum yum. :cool1:

Yummy, I will have to make this this weekend!

I believe that it is but I've never tried it myself. Although I do enjoy the extra sleep when I can. ;)

Sometimes that extra sleep can do sooooo much good!

I really beleive in Peace and tranquility and try to attain it as much as possible. Many times just having a few minutes to myself to read a book is all I need.

When things get really hectic DH and I slip away to the coast and just sit on the beach watching the waves and reading a book. Last time we went to the coast we threw crab pots and enjoyed trying to catch keepers. :beach:

When I can't get away I remember the times I did get to just sit on the beach and watch the waves and birds and it usually helps me to calm down and recenter.

Oh, I bet that's an amazing mental picture :beach: I'm actually about to plan my own beach getaway. It'll be in October when it's not actually warm at the beach anymore, but there's something about hearing the waves crash that center me. It tells me there is something bigger than me out there, and it always helps me feel better :)

Before I get to the QOTD, major congrats go out to Christopher for being Biggest Loser this week!!! :cool1::banana: Way to go Christopher, you are such an inspiration!!

Today, our journey around the "world" takes us to...
italy.jpg

Italy!!

Italy is one of my favorite countries in the WS. The history and the architecture is absolutely beautiful. Italy itself is so chock-full of history, it's almost crazy. It was the Birthplace of the Renaissance! Renaissance is a term meaning rebirth, and that description is perfect to describe the period after the "Dark Ages". It was a period of absolute growth, and it never seemed to stop! It was a part of every aspect of culture.

QOTD 9/18- Do you feel as if you've been a part of a rebirth when it comes to your diet, exercise, eating habits, and thinking habits since your weight loss began? Do you do things the same, just with different foods? Have you completely turned your old life on it's head? has it gotten into all the aspects of your life as well?

I will be back later with replies, I promise this time!!

QOTD 9/18- Do you feel as if you've been a part of a rebirth when it comes to your diet, exercise, eating habits, and thinking habits since your weight loss began? Do you do things the same, just with different foods? Have you completely turned your old life on it's head? has it gotten into all the aspects of your life as well?

Absolutely a rebirth in all aspects. at the end of last year, I was in terrible, horrible, no good, very bad shape ... physically and mentally. A complete revamp was needed.

And big congrats to all the losers from last week, especially Christopher!

I feel a little different since I have started. I have a couple months where I go really strong and am completely motivated, and then it goes downhill. I feel like this is a endless cycle that I want to break. I am good with being cautious about my food, but I do not get any activity in what so ever. I know that if I get some activity going I will get a lot more successful on my journey.

Hmmm.....wow this is a loaded question! lol I have to tell you what turned me on my head was seeing Janet Jackson of all people on a TV show years and years ago when she went from "chubby" young adult to total diva for the first time (that girl has gone up and down more times than the ToT! bless her heart!). When Oprah asked her how she did it she said she realized one day that we view food the wrong way. We live to eat instead of eating to live and I realized that that described me perfectly! I ate what I felt like eating whenever I wanted to which was really not what my body needed or wanted and I needed to address that. I still have times where I am a total glutton and I eat all the wrong things, especially when I am at WDW, but now for the most part I try to think about what my body needs first. My mouth and brain want pizza but my body really needs some veggies or lean protein. It doesn't always make me happy to do this and it gets frustrating at time but the reality is that my body works better and I overall feel better doing this. My biggest downfall is the carbs and every time I indulge and then have to detox from them it is really tough! lol

As far as the exercise, I just love it. I'm lucky. I really love walking, jogging, and challenging myself in the gym. I'm not fit by any means but I no longer care how I look when I exercise and love how I feel when I've given myself a good workout.

So I guess I can't say I've completely turned my life on its head but I am much kinder to my body now than I used to be. I want to be around for many, many more trips to Disney and to enjoy my hubby and family for a long time. I can't do that if I'm not a healthier eater and don't keep this body moving. I am already fighting stenosis and arthritis so I know that I need to keep moving!.

I eat some of my old foods but I'm making better choices size-wise with them. I would eat fast food / take out for 2-3 meals before. Gross, right? I was a takeout queen.

Now- I bring my lunch to work, eat breakfast at home. I'm on WW so technically I can eat fast food / take out if I'm watching my point allowance. If I'm stuck and have to get fast food (not usually because I PLAN NOW :) !)- I know what I can have pretty much everywhere that will satisfy my old cravings (I'm talking about you - Whopper Jr. at BK.) Value size instead of LARGE. Unsweetened Iced Tea. Safer fast food places (Hi there, Subway). I'll have a 6"- NO $5 footlongs for me. I know my limits and I know that I am lying to myself when I say that I will save the rest for later. Lies. All lies.

I used to eat fast food to bring me back to my childhood... but order them in "adult" portions ie unhealthy value meal sizes (2 cheeseburger value meal was my adult version of a Happy Meal). Now if I have to have it, I eat kid size portions for the most part (exception is the Whopper Jr). If I'm going to have nostalgia food- I need to eat the same portion I did back then- when I was a kid! Jr size, Happy Meal etc. I get my fix and I move on.

The key for me has been WW points, having better portion sizes, planning ahead, and greek yogurt ;) Greek yogurt has that protein to keep me full and since I have PCOS- if I'm going to have sugar- I balance protein with it so I don't have any issues.

I just found this part of the board and am working so hard (by myself) to lose weight. Is it too late to join in on this? If not, how do I go about it?

Thanks for all the Congratulations on being Biggest Loser for last week. I have to say I am surprised and honored.

It also has helped put me back on track after having spent the weekend with visitors.....and we all know how that goes....not as well as we would like.

So week 1 is taken by mini-team Fantasyland.....we are under re-furbishment and excited to see what the new us will look like in the near future!

Thanks again! And keep up the great work, all of you!

Christopher

Thanks for all the Congratulations on being Biggest Loser for last week. I have to say I am surprised and honored.

It also has helped put me back on track after having spent the weekend with visitors.....and we all know how that goes....not as well as we would like.

So week 1 is taken by mini-team Fantasyland.....we are under re-furbishment and excited to see what the new us will look like in the near future!

Thanks again! And keep up the great work, all of you!

Christopher

Yay! Congratulations! :)

I just found this part of the board and am working so hard (by myself) to lose weight. Is it too late to join in on this? If not, how do I go about it?

Send a PM to Octoberbride03 letting her know you want to join the Fall Challenge

and your starting weight to Kollerbear

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter