Biggest Loser Fall Challenge!

No good, very bad day! :sad2:

Chore one this morning was the pharmacy to get myself some new drugs. They dont taste bad, luckily, but still annoying! :headache:

Chore two was to cancel our WDW trip. Dh told me when he left this morning that we would discuss it tonight (we have been "going to discuss it" for weeks!). We were supposed to leave thursday! He is having issues getting away next week (the joys of being self employed), but he refuses to acknowledge that it just wont work. I just went ahead and canceled (well moved) it. It sucks being a grown-up! :rolleyes:

Issue three just happened. My iphone started to act up. I am very tech savy and pretty good at trouble shooting, so I spent 20 minutes trying to fix it myself. I failed, so i called apple tech. The woman was by for the stupidest person I have spoken to in a long time. I guess that is not fair to say, but she has zero tech knowledge and is tech support! :headache: The first thing I told her was that is seemed like a back end server issue to me and I asked her if there was a larger issue going on. She said no. About 10 minutes into her form of trouble shooting, she realizes I dont have wifi tuned on. According to her, that is the problem. My iphone wont work without wifi. Ummm???:confused: What?? She tries to tell me how to turn wifi on. i was gonna kill her. After 37 minutes on the phone with her, she decides she cant fix it and bumps me up to level 2 tech support. 30 seconds with level 2 and I find out there is indeed an apple server issue they are working to resolve and it should be fixed within a few hours.

Just not my day! :rolleyes1

I'll get looking for it. Sadly, I don't have the Points + for it.... just the old Points. But I think I did include calories for some. Not sure how much help it will give you over on the beautiful green island of Ireland though. Do you have the same fast food over there??
We have the usual fast food culprits like McDonalds, Pizza Hut, TGI Fridays and a whole lot of Chippys (think fish and chips at Rose and Crown or Cookes of Dublin and you get the idea). I've been avoiding take-out though when possible but have some family things coming up that require eating out!

Good afternoon friends! Got lots of stuff done this morning.... laundry (as usual), plus I got the basement bulk-head sanded and rinsed and ready for paint. I need to wait to paint for another day though, since I don't have any mineral spirits or turpentine on hand and it is oil-based paint... and I'm a sloppy painter! I did do a third (and hopefully final) coat of paint on the front steps. They look great! Now I'm debating about painting the mudroom porch and steps too. :rolleyes It would be nice for them to match the front. And of course, now I'm noticing that the front door and mudroom door could both use a sanding and painting as well :rolleyes1.... it never ends!!

I dragged some brush to the burn pile too. I was going to rake, but it is getting really warm! I think I'll wait until after dinner when it cools down a bit. With DD driving herself to swim now, I have several hours in the evening to get stuff done! I haven't had that evening time for YEARS! :thumbsup2

Lunch was leftovers, but yummy. Grocery bill is STILL out of control and I am trying to be DONE buying most groceries for this month, so I didn't have a salad, as there is just a bit left and I'm going to save it for now. I cut up a bowl of tomatoes though and enjoyed with a bit of light blue cheese yogurt dressing. I also had the remaining fried rice from the other night, plus I added some extra bok choy and other veggies I had on hand to bulk it up.

Dinner is Tuna Cheddar Chowder. You can check out the recipe on the BL recipe thread! It sounds strange, but it is delish!

Speaking of recipes.... up next is this week's healthy recipe! It is PERFECT for this time of year as the gardens are full of tomatoes and zucchini! ..................P

You are one busy lady:worship:

Pamela Should have added that I'll be eating at a sit-down (TS) restaurant not a fast- food one if that makes much difference:confused3

QOTD answer 9/10/12:
Don't walk when you can run. (sorry it's so long!)

And then Sunday... 9.5 years since my failure of a 5k... I ran another one. A real 5k-- with LOTS of people around, cheerleaders, and marching bands. I'm not one who likes to exercise in front of others, but I did it and it was awesome.

My time was actually worse since I'm older now but it was incredibly motivating to see that I could still run (I've been training for the past month). I mean, I wasn't a runner as a kid- I was usually second to last (or last) for the mile run in gym class.

But Sunday's 5k? It was FUN because I didn't make it a HUGE thing and because some of the other WW members were there. I be-bopped along to the music I love on my iPOD. I watched my pace on the uphills so I could finish strong- I actually sprinted to the finish line as opposed to feeling like I was c.r.a.w.l.i.n.g to the finish like that first race all those years ago.
Finishing that race on Sunday, makes me want to do a race every week. I'm not at my goal weight- but to feel strong--on my own--was SUCH an incredible feeling.

If you are still reading this and thinking that you can't-- you probably won't. But if there is even one little smidge of "I might" in you. Try. You don't have to be the best. You most likely won't be the worst. And even if you are, you are doing more than the ones who won't try at all. I placed 181/225. NOT the best. But I finished strong :)
CONGRATS! I love that you gave running another try. There is something extra special about finishing a race! Very true and inspiring paragraph at the end. I'll bet you've given someone here a little boost to try something new.

Chore two was to cancel our WDW trip. Dh told me when he left this morning that we would discuss it tonight (we have been "going to discuss it" for weeks!). We were supposed to leave thursday! He is having issues getting away next week (the joys of being self employed), but he refuses to acknowledge that it just wont work. I just went ahead and canceled (well moved) it. It sucks being a grown-up! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to hear about your day. It does suck to have to cancel your trip. And so last minute, too. When did you reschedule it for?

pjlla - You could be a nutritionist on the Biggest Loser! You are so knowledgeable of all things healthy eating. I remember you from my previous BLs (I think 2010?) so it's nice to see another familiar face. :)

QOTD for Tuesday, September 11, 2012: Are you surprised by how much (or little) you can eat for the calories, depending on which foods you choose? Which meal was most shocking to you?
Not so surprised anymore. I've been on the weight loss and maintain journey long enough to have done a fair amount of research into calories. Once in awhile, though, I do still get shocked at how many calories a muffin or food at a restaurant is.

I haven't been able to get on the past few days, but have a free minute, so here I am. I haven't been doing my workouts this week - I've been working all day, and in meetings all night, so it's been hard to fit them in. But tomorrow I have to run by my office, so I can go to the gym first and get in my run. That always helps. I usually am out at my client's offices, and the gym isn't near their offices, so it's harder to go. And I can't run in my neighborhood at night - I just don't feel safe doing it. But after this week things calm down and I'll have more time.

I am surprised by how many calories are in some foods. I do look more at the calories now that they have to put it on so many things. Now to make sure to check the calories before going to a restaurant!

Hello Everyone,

I signed up, but I don't see my name on the list. I'm Christina and everyone calls me CC (like see-see). It's my initials. I've done many challenges and almost always end with a gain. This challenge is going to be different. I am working with 2 nutritionists now. One is helping me figure out what to eat and one is helping me feel good about food. I have anorexic behaviors and I binge eat-and sometimes both on the same day. I'm supposed to eat breakfast, a snack, lunch, a snack, and then dinner and currently I'm working on eat all 5 times during the day. A lot of times I feel guilty eating a morning snack and don't eat one. Sometimes that happens in the afternoon. I'm definitely a work in progress.

I am gluten intolerant and I can't eat peanuts or tree nuts for various reasons. I am pretty sure peanuts cause a GI reaction and allergy testing revealed that I'm allergic to cashews and hazelnuts. I didn't react when I tried them post-testing, but I also have Crohn's disease, so it's not like I like to tempt things. I tried almonds and nothing happened, but haven't been able to get myself to eat them again. I also have hypothyroidism so I can't have a lot of soy. I try to eat as little soy as possible. My father remembered last night (big progress!) and didn't add any teriyaki sauce to the stir fry. I'm also lactose intolerant, but that's the easy one. I do have to limit my dairy because of the Crohn's disease. It's been over a year since I had my allergy testing and I feel a lot better. Going gluten free has helped so much. Less soy is definitely better as well.

Sorry it took me so long to post. I've been busy with work and some activities and I just realized that I haven't said hello yet.

This is going to be a great challenge!

Which leads me to the QOTD for Tuesday, September 11, 2012: Are you surprised by how much (or little) you can eat for the calories, depending on which foods you choose? Which meal was most shocking to you?

Sometimes I'm surprised. Like coffee cake, Starbucks coffee cakes are like 400+ calories. Who knew?!?

Hello Everyone,

I signed up, but I don't see my name on the list. I'm Christina and everyone calls me CC (like see-see).

What up stranger?!?! How have you been?

9/11 Quote of the Day

Eat for the body you want, not the body you have

Hey Fran! I hope DS is getting all settled at Penn State. How's does he like it so far?

This story made me lol. I love how little ones just speak teir mind. It's too cute!

Jill

Hey Jill ... he is now doing fine. He is taking too many credits his first semester (19) and had 3 honors classes. :crazy2: After a week of emotional therapy, we convinced him to drop his worst class calc 2 honors to calc 1 regular. We really wanted him to just drop it ... but he wouldn't budge. He now feels better about everything. We miss him and will be seeing him at the end of the month. :cool1: We really wanted to give him a month and a 1/2 to adjust.

Your salmon sounds yummy, Fran. :goodvibes Do you grill it and just have it cold or reheat it? DH will not eat fish but I need to look into cooking it more for myself.

He Lisa, it is the EASIEST recipe! I marinade it with 1/3 c. olive oil, 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1/3 cup soy sauce. The next day I grill it until it is pink all over. I have been getting the salmon fresh at Sam's club. I make it on Sunday and eat it all week for lunch. I usually get tired of eating the same old thing ... but I really like this with broccoli!

Chore one this morning was the pharmacy to get myself some new drugs. They dont taste bad, luckily, but still annoying! :headache:

Issue three just happened. My iphone started to act up. I am very tech savy and pretty good at trouble shooting, so I spent 20 minutes trying to fix it myself. I failed, so i called apple tech. The woman was by for the stupidest person I have spoken to in a long time. I guess that is not fair to say, but she has zero tech knowledge and is tech support! :headache: The first thing I told her was that is seemed like a back end server issue to me and I asked her if there was a larger issue going on. She said no. About 10 minutes into her form of trouble shooting, she realizes I dont have wifi tuned on. According to her, that is the problem. My iphone wont work without wifi. Ummm???:confused: What?? She tries to tell me how to turn wifi on. i was gonna kill her. After 37 minutes on the phone with her, she decides she cant fix it and bumps me up to level 2 tech support. 30 seconds with level 2 and I find out there is indeed an apple server issue they are working to resolve and it should be fixed within a few hours.

:grouphug: Hoping tomorrow is better.

Hello Everyone,

I signed up, but I don't see my name on the list. I'm Christina and everyone calls me CC (like see-see). It's my initials. I've done many challenges and almost always end with a gain. This challenge is going to be different. I am working with 2 nutritionists now. One is helping me figure out what to eat and one is helping me feel good about food. I have anorexic behaviors and I binge eat-and sometimes both on the same day. I'm supposed to eat breakfast, a snack, lunch, a snack, and then dinner and currently I'm working on eat all 5 times during the day. A lot of times I feel guilty eating a morning snack and don't eat one. Sometimes that happens in the afternoon. I'm definitely a work in progress.

I am gluten intolerant and I can't eat peanuts or tree nuts for various reasons. I am pretty sure peanuts cause a GI reaction and allergy testing revealed that I'm allergic to cashews and hazelnuts. I didn't react when I tried them post-testing, but I also have Crohn's disease, so it's not like I like to tempt things. I tried almonds and nothing happened, but haven't been able to get myself to eat them again. I also have hypothyroidism so I can't have a lot of soy. I try to eat as little soy as possible. My father remembered last night (big progress!) and didn't add any teriyaki sauce to the stir fry. I'm also lactose intolerant, but that's the easy one. I do have to limit my dairy because of the Crohn's disease. It's been over a year since I had my allergy testing and I feel a lot better. Going gluten free has helped so much. Less soy is definitely better as well.

Sorry it took me so long to post. I've been busy with work and some activities and I just realized that I haven't said hello yet.

Hey CC ... nice to see you back again! :goodvibes

Okay .... do your smilies get mixed up all the time. I keep trying to look for them on my screen and they are usually different every day. What is up with that???!!!

Just finishing up at work .... going home. It has been a looonnnnggg day.

Alright, now that I am all caught up, I am heading to bed early. This cold is wiping me out today. I almost fell asleep at DS9's drum lesson tonight! I had a pretty good day eating and went to spinning. Tomorrow at work, I am planning on getting at least one IEP done (I have 2 due by Friday and 1 by next Wed). We are also going to watch my nephew14 run in a CC meet. He is in 9th grade but runs varsity. He's having a great season so far & the weather is supposed to be nice, so we better go watch him. Plus, DS9 wants to watch since we are doing that 5k on Sunday.

I'll check back in tomorrow sometime.

Jill

Hey Jill, how did your nephew do?
DS16 ran his first meet of the season today. Coach had him seeded as 10th and he came in 8th on our team. One more spot and he gets varsity!

Yes, the muffins are a sad thing. I think it was Pamela who once called them caloric bombs! :rotfl:

:lmao: Yes, you take me everywhere since I live in your iPad. ;)

Actually I think I said "Calorie Ninja"! I crack myself up! And you crack me up too! You are with me everywhere!

That is about the SADDEST day I've ever heard! Canceling a WDW trip is heartbreaking. You are right...being a grown-up stinks! Hope you feel better soon.

You are one busy lady:worship:

It is a bit of being a type A, a bit of being a neat/organized person, and a bit of menopause -induced OCD! And throw in some ADD that keeps me hopping from project to project!:rotfl:

Must admit that the raking never happened. I ended up sanding and priming the back door of the garage...plus I found some spray rustoleum primer in the basement and did a quick coat on the basement bulk-head door. Spraying is so much easier than brush painting! And I found a bottle of mineral spirits, so I can paint tomorrow!

pjlla - You could be a nutritionist on the Biggest Loser! You are so knowledgeable of all things healthy eating. I remember you from my previous BLs (I think 2010?) so it's nice to see another familiar face. :)

Nice to see you too!

Hello Everyone,

Hey! I've been wondering where you disappeared to! Someone else was mentioning having some recently-diagnosed food allergies plus being a vegetarian (?vegan?), and maybe GF? I was going to suggest they talk to you, but I wasn't sure if you were joining us for this challenge. I'm so glad to see you!

Evening friends! My energy is officially gone for today!:) After dinner I did some sanding and painting in the garage and then took a bath! I'm ready to crash. Just waiting for DD to return safely from swim.

TTY tomorrow.............P

Hey everyone! :wave2:

Went to my workout today and I'm really feeling it now... It was surprisingly busy at the gym today. I couldn't even get on a treadmill... But since I've got a good cardio workout planned for tomorrow, I decided to concentrate on weights today. So it's all good.

DM and I went clothes shopping today before heading to the grocery. Didn't find anything I liked on me enough to get, but some of the dresses I tried on are now too big in the back while fitting everywhere else... Thank goodness my DM knows how to sew and can take in my clothes for me. :goodvibes

More Disney planning today. Deciding on our special sit-down dinner in the World Showcase and are caught between sushi in Japan or pizza in Italy. Personally I'm hoping for sushi. (Less calories ;) )

And of course the deciding of (as DM 'affectionately' calls them) my 'Look at Me shirts.' I am a lover of graphic t-shirts and I wear them every chance I get. :p So far I have my 'Mrs. Jack Sparrow' shirt for Magic Kingdom, and my 'It wasn't me! ' Pumbaa t-shirt for Animal Kingdom. Maybe my 'Doctor Who' shirt for when we get there... :scratchin

Fish cakes and asparagus for supper tonight! WOO!

[
Be our guest! Be our guest!

Which leads me to the QOTD for Tuesday, September 11, 2012: Are you surprised by how much (or little) you can eat for the calories, depending on which foods you choose? Which meal was most shocking to you?

I was Shocked and Crushed to find out the calories of my favorite cold treat
I knew it couldn't be good but never thought it was this bad!

Starbucks Tazo® Iced Chai Tea Latte

Black tea infused with cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper and star anise added to milk and ice.
Tall 12oz Grande 16oz Venti Iced 24oz Nonfat milk Whole Milk 2% Milk Soy (United States) Soy (Canada)

Nutrition Facts Per Serving (16 fl oz)
Calories 240
Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 15mg
Sodium 110mg
Total Carbohydrate 44g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 42g

:sad2::sad1::sad2:

Hi all, it was so great to see everyone check in with me this week! I'm only missing 4 initial weigh-ins this week--it looks like just about everybody is along for the ride!

I just wanted to apologize that I was late in getting back to anyone who checked in with me after Friday. My only full-grown phobia is going to the doctor, and I had a first appointment after work today with the urologist. I was having panic attacks all weekend and almost cancelled the appointment several times. I'm surprised I could even get to work this morning.

It actually went surprisingly well. The doctor was incredibly patient, communicative, and knowledgeable, and I didn't break out crying (which often happens). As both a positive and a negative, it seems extremely likely that I have IC. It's kind of a negative because it's chronic and the medical field knows very little about it, so there isn't a "cure". But the positive is that it probably isn't something very serious or life-threatening, and there are some steps I can take to try to ease the pain with diet and, if I choose it later, medication.

I've been dealing with this chronic pain in some form or another for over two years, and it's good to have talked to someone about it. It's a weight off my shoulders to some degree.

Anyway, I will catch up with the boards a bit tomorrow, but I wanted to check in, thank everyone for their patience, and cheer everyone on in their first week of the challenge!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Hi! I'm Sunny and I NEED to join the challenge. I'm 45. Married to Thomas for 24 years. We have 2 children, Jen & Drew and one grandson Lucas. And they all live at home with us.

I'm starting the challenge at 241with a goal of 25#s which may be a little high. But. I guess we will see.

For now I haven't choosen a plan. I think I will start WW as soon as I get my mom moved next week. Right now I am trying to get all of my water in.

Sunny

Today is just beautiful outside. Sunny and high 70's with a nice breezy.:goodvibes I love early fall :)

oh and does anyone watch that gordon ramsey master chef show. I played softball on a summer league team for 2 years with the girl who won last night. She was always a cool person so I am so happy for her. She is getting an awesome opportunity.

Ok need to get back to work. No lunch break for me today. I will eat my salad as Im working.:guilty:

We watch that and He LL's kitchen - my hubs is a chef.. We were very excited Christine won.. she is simply amazing being blind and making that amazing looking food (and it tasted wonderful too according to the judges!)

Aww:hug::hug: sorry you had a rough day but I see that you moved your trip and will still get to go just not right now so that is a good thing (normally when I cancel it's for good which is why i say it's a good thing)
Today is a new day - here's to it being full of pixiedust: for you

I'll check back at lunch time for the QotD...

Hi all

I'd love to join this challenge as well. I find having to be accountable is the only thing that helps me. My Co-Op had a Biggest loser contest this year. It lasted 3 months. I won. As soon as it ended, I went off, too many BBQs and parties. So now I need to start up again and hoping this will help!

Leslie

Hey everyone! :wave2:

Went to my workout today and I'm really feeling it now... It was surprisingly busy at the gym today. I couldn't even get on a treadmill... But since I've got a good cardio workout planned for tomorrow, I decided to concentrate on weights today. So it's all good.

Glad you had an alternative. I've known people who head to the gym to use the TM or elliptical and if they were all full, they just left! :confused3 That makes NO sense to me!

DM and I went clothes shopping today before heading to the grocery. Didn't find anything I liked on me enough to get, but some of the dresses I tried on are now too big in the back while fitting everywhere else... Thank goodness my DM knows how to sew and can take in my clothes for me. :goodvibes

Custom-tailoring your clothes makes them look so much better too! I'm lucky I can usually find something off the rack that fits decent. DD has a harder time.... she has swimmer shoulders and has trouble wearing any kind of top or dress that doesn't have some give to it.

More Disney planning today. Deciding on our special sit-down dinner in the World Showcase and are caught between sushi in Japan or pizza in Italy. Personally I'm hoping for sushi. (Less calories ;) )

I would go for the sushi too. Not that I'm a huge sushi fan, but it seems to much more special than just pizza!

And of course the deciding of (as DM 'affectionately' calls them) my 'Look at Me shirts.' I am a lover of graphic t-shirts and I wear them every chance I get. :p So far I have my 'Mrs. Jack Sparrow' shirt for Magic Kingdom, and my 'It wasn't me! ' Pumbaa t-shirt for Animal Kingdom. Maybe my 'Doctor Who' shirt for when we get there... :scratchin

Fish cakes and asparagus for supper tonight! WOO!

I love graphic t-shirts too, but don't wear them around home too often.... I feel like I am a bit old for them. But I totally rock them at WDW!

Did you make the fish cakes? Got a recipe to share??

I was Shocked and Crushed to find out the calories of my favorite cold treat
I knew it couldn't be good but never thought it was this bad!

Starbucks Tazo® Iced Chai Tea Latte

Black tea infused with cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper and star anise added to milk and ice.
Tall 12oz Grande 16oz Venti Iced 24oz Nonfat milk Whole Milk 2% Milk Soy (United States) Soy (Canada)

Nutrition Facts Per Serving (16 fl oz)
Calories 240
Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 15mg
Sodium 110mg
Total Carbohydrate 44g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 42g

:sad2::sad1::sad2:

Honestly.... that doesn't sound that bad to me (other than the sugar). Could you get it made with non-fat milk and lose those 4 grams of fat and maybe use a bit less sugar, or are these pre-mixed with the sugar already in them? I'm not a SB fan, so I'm not familiar with these. Probably shouldn't be an "every day" type of thing, but once a week wouldn't seem so bad.

Hi all, it was so great to see everyone check in with me this week! I'm only missing 4 initial weigh-ins this week--it looks like just about everybody is along for the ride!

I just wanted to apologize that I was late in getting back to anyone who checked in with me after Friday. My only full-grown phobia is going to the doctor, and I had a first appointment after work today with the urologist. I was having panic attacks all weekend and almost cancelled the appointment several times. I'm surprised I could even get to work this morning.

It actually went surprisingly well. The doctor was incredibly patient, communicative, and knowledgeable, and I didn't break out crying (which often happens). As both a positive and a negative, it seems extremely likely that I have IC. It's kind of a negative because it's chronic and the medical field knows very little about it, so there isn't a "cure". But the positive is that it probably isn't something very serious or life-threatening, and there are some steps I can take to try to ease the pain with diet and, if I choose it later, medication.

I've been dealing with this chronic pain in some form or another for over two years, and it's good to have talked to someone about it. It's a weight off my shoulders to some degree.

Anyway, I will catch up with the boards a bit tomorrow, but I wanted to check in, thank everyone for their patience, and cheer everyone on in their first week of the challenge!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Glad you made it through the appointment without any more trouble. If this is something that can be controlled with diet, have they offered you an appointment with any type of dietician or nutritionist?

Hi! I'm Sunny and I NEED to join the challenge. I'm 45. Married to Thomas for 24 years. We have 2 children, Jen & Drew and one grandson Lucas. And they all live at home with us.

I'm starting the challenge at 241with a goal of 25#s which may be a little high. But. I guess we will see.

For now I haven't choosen a plan. I think I will start WW as soon as I get my mom moved next week. Right now I am trying to get all of my water in.

Sunny

Glad to have you aboard! If you want to talk WW, I'd love to! Good luck getting your Mom moved. Is she moving into assisted living or just to a new place??

Hi all

I'd love to join this challenge as well. I find having to be accountable is the only thing that helps me. My Co-Op had a Biggest loser contest this year. It lasted 3 months. I won. As soon as it ended, I went off, too many BBQs and parties. So now I need to start up again and hoping this will help!

Leslie

Welcome to our group!!

Happy SUNNY Wednesday friends! Another cool night here! Time to put the heavier blankets on the beds and dig out the warmer jammies! Yikes! So not ready for this so soon!

:offtopic:

So many projects to get done around here.... I can't even decide where to start! My goal is to do as many house projects as I can without a single trip to Home Depot or Lowe's. We have plenty of "stuff" in the basement, just waiting to be dug out and used (paint, wood, etc). I was able to replace the mudroom steps a few weekends ago using just wood and screws we had behind the shed and in the basement (leftovers from other projects). And I primed the basement bulk-head door last night with a can of Rustoleum that I found in the basement last night. That will save me a few hours and steps when it is time to put the "real" paint layers on. And I have about 1/2 of the can of floor paint leftover from painting the front steps earlier this week, so I am prepping the mudroom porch/steps to get painted.

I will have to buy some bagged garden soil to finish filling the flower bed we dug out over LD weekend. I transferred some soil from our raised vegetable beds that we moved, but it wasn't enough. I could dig around on our property, but by the time I dug the soil and transported it back to the flower bed (carrying plenty of weed seeds with it, I'm sure :rolleyes:), it just isn't worth the effort. But I plan on using just perennials that I can divide and move around the yard to fill the bed. I already found several ready to move!

Once again, I am rambling here about projects that have NOTHING to do with losing weight or exercising! YIKES!

BACK ON TOPIC:

For those of you who are leading a low-carb lifestyle (Atkins, South Beach, Paleo), I have a few recipes for some treats that DH has really enjoyed. One is for a peanut butter cup and the new one I made last night was for chocolate truffles. They are FAR too fatty for me to eat on WW (way too many Points), but very low-carb and fairly healthy (especially if you use stevia instead of Splenda). I'd be happy to share them if anyone is interested!

Last night's Tuna Cheddar Chowder was (again) a delight. I made a triple recipe (to have some for the freezer) but only used 2 cans of tuna (feeling cheap....um... I mean THRIFTY ;)). It was delish, as usual. DH, DS, and I ate about half of the triple batch! If anyone is interested, the recipe is over on the BL recipe thread (titled... Tightwad Gazette's Tuna Cheddar Chowder).

Tonight's dinner is marinated pork tenderloin, roasted potatoes (for the kiddos), and probably broccoli.... our default vegetable! Maybe some sliced tomatoes, since the little farm stand up the road still is overflowing with them.

Off to waste... err... I mean SPEND a few minute on Pinterest while I finish my coffee! I'll be back later to look for today's QOTD!.................P

Hi all! Sorry I've been MIA. We lost a wonderful young man here in our community during service in Afghanistan and I've been very distracted. I'm so sick of the anger and hatred that is out there. They brought him home last night and it was ironic to have him come home on 9/11. I try not to get too consumed by the memorials of that day but being a New Yorker it hits so close to home....

Anywho.....life goes on and we need to enjoy the blessings that life gives us on a daily basis, find the joy and beauty around us, and validate and express our love for those in our lives so....we move on.

I am doing okay on my eating this week so far. Now, I need to get my exercise worked back into this. We have a houseload of company coming this weekend so I'm thinking I'm going to have to give myself a little latitude there and start a routine next week. Hope everyone is doing well!!!! :)

Howdy folks!

BTMR%2056.jpg

QOTD Wednesday, September 12, 2012: It's Woo Hoo Wednesday! Give yourself a big "woo hoo" for helping yourself to be healthy and share something that you did this week to help you with your goals. Hopefully you don't feel like you've been on the wildest ride in the wilderness!;)

mskayjay, so sorry for the tough week and your town's loss. :flower3:

Hi, everyone! I just joined this challenge today. I have a bad habit of giving up on weight-loss attempts within the first 8 weeks or so, usually resulting in a gain of more weight than I started with. Hopefully this will give me more accountability!

:welcome: STLnative! Thanks for joining our challenge!

Whoohoo! Another guy in the challenge! :welcome:

I knew that you would be happy to see that! ;)

Carla Rae, so sorry to hear about the trip postponement. :hug: Here is some pixiedust: that when you are able to go you will be feeling better and the won't have to worry about work stuff.

Not so surprised anymore. I've been on the weight loss and maintain journey long enough to have done a fair amount of research into calories. Once in awhile, though, I do still get shocked at how many calories a muffin or food at a restaurant is.

It is surprising at times for sure! ::yes::

I haven't been able to get on the past few days, but have a free minute, so here I am. I haven't been doing my workouts this week - I've been working all day, and in meetings all night, so it's been hard to fit them in. But tomorrow I have to run by my office, so I can go to the gym first and get in my run. That always helps. I usually am out at my client's offices, and the gym isn't near their offices, so it's harder to go. And I can't run in my neighborhood at night - I just don't feel safe doing it. But after this week things calm down and I'll have more time.

Some weeks are crazy like that but you have a plan to get right back where you need to be and that is the important thing! :goodvibes

CC, so nice to see you! :welcome: I thought I was going to have to come looking for you. ;) I think it's wonderful that you have two nutritionists to help you navigate your eating because it is a challenge.

Buffy, another great quote for yesterday! :goodvibes

Mary•Poppins;46127358 said:
He Lisa, it is the EASIEST recipe! I marinade it with 1/3 c. olive oil, 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1/3 cup soy sauce. The next day I grill it until it is pink all over. I have been getting the salmon fresh at Sam's club. I make it on Sunday and eat it all week for lunch. I usually get tired of eating the same old thing ... but I really like this with broccoli!

Thanks that recipe sounds yummy! Can't wait to try it! :goodvibes

I will be back later with some more replies. I'm in the Pacific Time Zone and didn't get a chance to post the QOTD until I returned from the gym this morning so am starting out a little late today. Sorry! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter