• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BIggest Loser 4 Week 4 -- challenge posted page 8 post #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to everyone who lost wieght this week. I see annette didnt post so i thought i would let all of you know she maintained this week. Our Oprah segment with Chris Rock is on today. I cant wait to see if we are in any of the shots. Have to get moving out the door, hopefully it will stop snowing soon so i dont freeze today.

Amanda

good morning teammies.....we're all in this together right? good b/c i need tough love apparently. AF and a weekend b-day party left me at a gain this week and very bummed about it. i've challenged myself to log everything i eat into sparkpeople for 7 days. that may not seem like much to some of you but to me it's a challenge! i started monday and realized some post-workout hunger left me about 700 calories over for the day! wow! yesterday was a good day, the first day always is......

QOTDY (yesterday): screen name: when i registered on the DIS my teckie DH told me 'nothing remotely like your real name' so i went with ohMom, which as i typed it i thought "Ohio Mom" but i didn't do a good job captializing. like a few of you, i thought about re-registering but my mom told me she thought it was funny...like "ooohhhhMom" either in a 'yoo-hoo' kind of tone or now a teenage sarcastic tone...so i kept it. a few years later i got my first tag "the Amen tag" and so then i thought i'll never change it now :goodvibes

CYBER HIGH FIVE to all those who lost weight this week, i'm so inspired but the cumulative numbers we are seeing now.....i want that too!! i know it will come, i gotta take it day by day right now

BL show last night -- everybody got 'er watched??? i want to chat about it!

forgot to post my exercise plan.

At least 5 days this week walk 1.5-3 miles.
Every day - at least 50 "almost sit-downs" (from a standing position it's as if you go to sit down in a chair but don't sit all the way and stand up instead. It's really good for the thighs, gluteous MAXIMUS and also lower abs) & 50 standing side-leg-lifts (really good for the thighs...hey, sensing a theme here :teeth: ?)

agnes!

BL last night - watched on my end and would love to talk about it when everyone is ready.

A 1# loss this week. As bad as this week has been I'll take it. I am surprised it isn't a gain. Won't be able to make it to the gym today because of work but I am going bowling tonight with the kids. At least that is something right! :thumbsup2 I am not loosing site of the goal. I trying to tell myself nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!!!

I watched BL last night also and would love to chat about it.....

I need some help from you guys. I started this challenge and WW on my own 1/1/08. I signed up online for the monthly pass to attend WW meetings and went to my first meeting on 1/8. I was in Disney last week but ran by a meeting to do a quick weigh in 1/16 and then home again to weigh in yesterday morning at home for our weigh in and then my WW meeting last night. Of course when I weigh in in the evening at WW fully clothed I typically weigh about 1- 1.5 pounds more than I weighed at home that morning. I started this challenge using my at home weight since I didnt' attend a meeting that first week (they didn't have one because of the holiday). But now I have my Tuesday morning at home weight and my Tuesday night at WW weigh in weight. Which one do I use? Or do I just keep track of both? I know this isn't really a big deal in the big scheme of things....it's just bugging me. Me and DH started our own BL challenge at home 1/1 and we have charts on the wall with our previous weight, current weight, pounds lost, and percentage lost. I've been using at home weigh ins for that. Then WW tracks your weight for you. It's just bugging me because it's different. It makes sense to go with WW because that's the "official" one....but I don't want to gain that 1 - 1.5 pounds that I weigh more in the evening. How silly is that?? What would you do? Keep up with both or just bite the bullet and "gain" 1.3 pounds to stick with the WW weigh in? It will really only throw my numbers off one week in me and DH's challenge and my numbers for here as well.

I know it's minor.......

I know it's minor.......
Nothing is minor when it has to do with our motiviation. I'm in the same boat basically. My WW weigh in is Thu night usually, but the week before I joined BL4 (I joined a little late) I had gone to the meeting on Wed at lunch. Since it had been nearly a week and it wasn't my regular weigh in time anyways, I decided for BL4 I twould use the home scale that morning. Difference of over 2lbs. I decided that I'll just stick with the home scale on Tuesday morning for BL4. The point is to track the same, just chose one and stick with it. Oh, just a side note, my home scale is a good one, and pretty accurate and consistent within itself.

OMGosh but the days have totally gotton away from me!! I forgot to report in. However I maintained, no gain, no loss. I am ok with that considering I have gained the last 2 weeks. So overall in the last 3 weeks, I am up 0.8.

My hubby says it's is because of all the stairs I have been climbing and it's building muscle in my legs.

Hi guys, just popping in for a minute. Have not had much time to read or post this week.

Screen name is "jimmduck" and it comes from my "racing" passion.

I am a charity walker and usually do races for the Arthritis Society as part of their Joints in Motion program. I have been aiming to do the 1/2 marathon to redeem myself from my 2006 sweep (like that was a surprise) and hope to do so in 2010.

So the name is an acronym for "Joints in Motion Marathon Duck".

It gets funny - one list member, when writing to me about getting a WISH shirt, actually called me "Jim" - lol.

Weight was down just .6 this week - 3 pounds in total since we started this challenge.

Been following my resolves, but still need more consistency in my training.

Court and life get in the way. I am supposed to weigh in again tomorrow (I am on WW and weigh in on Thursdays) but am going to a Rambo movie marathon with DH (from 6:30 p.m. to 2 am. - all four movies) so that may be tough. I will have to get a meeting in over the weekend if that is the case.

I am off on Friday.

Congrats on all the losses and the maintains. Good going.

Linda

:tinker: :donald: :dumbo: :mickeyjum

Of course, I was late weighing in but it was not positive news :headache: I gained back 2.5 lbs. so now I'm only down 1.5 from when I started. One thing that it did motivate me to do is get up and get moving since I absolutely will do anything to avoid exercising :rolleyes1 I know logically that I HAVE to exercise, but knowing and doing are definitely two separate things. I've been much more active since Friday... heavy cleaning and returning to the treadmill. I'm determined to get the scale moving in the right direction again:yay:
Mary

I forgot to answer the QOTD
My name is rather boring, first initial, last name and year of birth. As others have mentioned, it is my usual log on and I typed it in before thinking that I should have come up with a cool disney name :cool1: Now I'm stuck with it, but at least I won't forget it!

Congrats all you losers!!!!!! I wish I was on that list this week... I have to try harder.

DIS name-- Not very original- I try to keep all my log-ins the same so I don't mess them up. So it's my work log in.

Exercise schedule- I go to the gym after work every day for either the step class or the Cardio then pilates. I did add a Saturday class at a new gym.

My problem is the eating not the exercising. But my knee has been so sore since last Friday it's hard to get going.

have a great Wednesday every one.

I also gained two pounds...sigh. I have been retaining water and testing cakes for our wedding...neither of which is helping the weight loss process. Oh well, this next week will be better.

My screen name is from princess Aurora my favorite childhood princess (before belle came around) and 23 is the age I was when I signed up for Disboards.

Hi, everyone! I have been MIA again but really trying to be good through the stress of a very busy work week.

Good news is that I only gained .2 over the past 2 weeks, including my 6 days at WDW. I really wasn't disciplined there and came back up very significantly, but because I'd missed weigh in, decided to wait until this week to weigh and report. So, I've taken off all the extra "stuff" I ate at WDW and am down a net of 4.9 pounds total since January 1. Not a bad start to the new year! :banana: Onward and downward, my "LOSER" friends! :grouphug:

Oops! Forgot to respond to QOTD: last name and nickname; also my aol address. Figured it makes it easy on this old brain to remember! ;)

I am busy as can be computing our numbers for the week. Stay tuned for the official announcement to be made later this evening. How was your week? Will you be a superstar?

In the meantime I have several requests to make my job easier. I am a volunteer you know and I need your help to keep the weights updated and accurate.

** Please PM or email your weight to me by midnight on Tuesday each week. Just posting your progress on the weekly Biggest Loser thread does not include you in our official weekly figures. My email is brenda@kbelectric.biz. If using email please mention your Dis name.

** Please report your weight in pounds each week ie xxx or xxx.x pounds. You may include your weekly progress if you would like. I have had several people report a weight in pounds and then a progress that did not match my figures. Then I PM the individual and try to get everything straight. I want to make sure that YOUR records are correct. Please help me.

** If you do not report to me by midnight on Tuesday please report as soon as you remember. I will use your figures in our weekly tabulation if possible. If the numbers are too late I will add your change to the initial weight totals for next week.

** You may report your weight whenever it is convenient for you. If your normal weigh in day is a day other than Tuesday then report your weight on that day. In the future just be consistent and always report your weight on the same day. I will include your weight with the report for the following Tuesday.

If you have any questions please just ask.

Keep up the good work. The Biggest Loser with the most pounds lost so far is at 18.4 pounds. WOW!! How are you doing? Are you getting what you wanted out of this challenge? If not you have the power to make changes in your life to do better. YOU can be a SUPERSTAR!!!

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, the Weight Keeper speaks

We started the week with 82 participants. 3 folks have not checked in since their initial weight and have been dropped from the challenge. A total of 25 people did not check in for the week. 5 of them have missed 2 weeks, 20 have missed one week.

57 participants weighed in this week. We had 12 gains, 9 maintains, and 36 losses. This week we had a net loss of 65 pounds and a cumulative net loss of 326.1 pounds.

And now (drum roll and fanfare please)

WISH Biggest Loser challenge #4 Week 3 Superstars!!!

#10 1.394% ekball - Erin
#9 1.471% cherylp3 - Cheryl
#8 1.599% rkandmjsmommy - Denise
#7 1.762% DisneyDawnNH - Dawn
#6 1.873% sherreis - Sherri
#5 1.952% I'mwong - Laura
#4 1.990% WDWorBust - Amanda
#3 2.034% Mercobear - Gretchen
#2 2.392% tmfranlk - Tia

and now the WISH Biggest Loser challenge #4 Week 3 Biggest Loser is . . . .

#1 2.449 BibbityBobbitySue - Sue

Sue, you have earned your clippie
weeklyBL.jpg

or you can use http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/ohmom/weeklyBL.jpg

followed by the backslash IMG "". I am not a tech genius so I can not help any further but girl you have earned it and you need to flaunt it. Great job Sue!!!

Congratulations to all our losers this week!! Weigh to go. If this week was not all that you had hoped for get to work and make next week even better. You are the one that holds the fork.

By taking part in this challenge we are making a commitment to change our lives for the better. We can make 08 GREAT! I know with hard work you can be a superstar next week. What are you waiting for, get moving!!

Have a healthy day!

Down 0.1 this week as of yesterday.

Down 2 pounds from that this morning. :sad2: Curse those hormones.

Way to go to all the top 10 losers but especially my buddy Erin (ekball) 2nd time in the top 10 :thumbsup2

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Congratulations, Sue!!!! You earned that clippe! Congrats as well to the rest of the Superstars. And to everyone else, just look at that cumulative loss! Way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter