• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biggest Loser 4 Week 3 -- Challenge #2 on post #127

Status
Not open for further replies.
My plan for the week is not very specific, but I know just what it means and will do it! (Well, except for Friday when I slacked off on the exercise too much. :( ) My plan...

Sat - Thurs: Recumbant bike 40 minutes (regular 30+10 for the challenge) during my prime time show of choice each night.

I'm also going to work in a few days of the cardio DVD I picked up at the library for this week. Just not sure which ones yet.

So yesterday wasn't my best day. I did well on calories (though I was higher in my range than I like to be, I was still well within my goals), but I totally slacked off on the exercise. Not to blame the funny people of the DIS, but I got distracted by a Pre-Trip Report. :blush: I did work to make up for it today though. I intended to just pick up where I left off, but instead went a little further and added 20 minutes of walking to my planned 40 on the bike, plus I did the stength exercises I should have done yesterday.

Now if I just hadn't eaten out so much today. :rolleyes1 Knowing that was the case though, I did my research. Each meal was approached with a list in hand of what menu options were in my best interest and I stuck with them each time (even if that extra piece of pizza or two did look really yummy).

Thanks for the inspiration to keep it up everyone! The all you can eat pizza could have been my downfall, but I didn't want to have to come and admit that to anyone so I stayed on track.

Write down an exercise plan for the week -- put the times on your calendar, treat it like a scheduled appointment. Share your plan with your buddy or on the weekly thread if you don't have a buddy -- max 5 pts

Ok- here is the plan

Sunday - 30 min Treadmill- 30 min. Swimming
Monday - Take a walk in the neighborhood- 30 min
Tue- Off
Wed- 60 min. Treadmill
Thursday- 30 min Treadmill - 30 min. Swimming
Friday- Off
Saturday- 60 min. Treadmill

Have a great week everyone!!!!

Today was a good day. I got in all my scheduled exercise & I did a 20 mins stretch afterwards. I also got in over an hour of vigourous housework...I scrubed the kitchen and dining room floors, on my hands and knees with a scrub brush and spray bottle. Oh man did it need it. Even though the floor is moped a couple times a week, nothing beats giving the floor a good hand scrub, just like Cinderella.

hey christa -- i haven't had a chance to read and catch up but i good word there was a question for the challenge so i wanted to address is sooner rather than later
Question about the addded 10 mins to cardio. Does this 10 mins have to be added to your planned workout (making a planned 60 min to 70 mins) or can it be a 10 min or more cardio added at a different time (say a 15 min walk at lunch

i think a shorter quick cardio should count, however it would need to be an activity that gets your heartbeating rather than one that is more like being active vs. a cardio workout. make sense?

my plan for the week:

Sunday -- powerwalk and stretch
Monday -- powerwalk or WATP in the a.m./ strength class in the evening
Tuesday -- elliptical for 45 mins rather than my usual 35 :teeth:
Wed -- yoga class
Thursday--longer mileage powerwalk
Friday -- WATP and strength training
Friday --

Weigh in day for me and I lost 1.8# putting me (just barely) in the 140's. I am so happy that things seem to be moving again. It seemed like I was in a holding pattern for so long, I wasn't sure that this weight would start moving again. It feels SOOO good to be losing again.

Well I am off to do day of shopping. The mall & costco is an hour away. So we make a day of it. We will go to lunch and visit my DBFF while we are there.

My Excercise plan for the week.

I am going to take advantage of the certificate i won a couple of weeks ago. They said they would design a plan for me.

I am having trouble getting back on plan from the 2 days in chicago. I have been staying within my calories but in the high end. I also havnt been excercising. I really need to get started. I gained 2 pounds this week but i think it is water because i havnt been drinking it like im suppose to :mad:. I also need to spend some time with my parents but feel if i do i will end up munching with them or eating out of stress. I love them but sometimes they are just setting around complaing about there situation and this just gets on my nerves.

Well enough for venting today. Off to see the parents and then shopping with annette this pm

Amanda

I am so happy that things seem to be moving again. It seemed like I was in a holding pattern for so long, I wasn't sure that this weight would start moving again. It feels SOOO good to be losing again.

That's fantastic Christa. It can be so frustrating to plateau. You must be thrilled. Good for you.

Lisa

Sunday: I hit the gym for over an hour. I usually do 30 minutes cardio on the treadmill and 10 minutes doing a cardio course on the elliptical. I increased my elliptical to 20 minutes (Whoever wrote up the challenges this week is evil, I tell ya! :faint:) and hit the weight machines. I got my 10 minutes of stretching in, too. :banana:

Monday: Day off from school. Yay! I'll do one hour on the glider at home, then weights, pilates bands, exercise ball, etc. I'll do yoga stretching for 10 minutes.

Tuesday: I'll do one hour and 10 minutes on the glider at home, then weights, pilates bands, exercise ball, etc. I'll do yoga stretching for 10 minutes.

Wednesday: Gym again for an hour. Cardio on treadmill and elliptical for a combined 50 minutes again plus machines.

Thursday: I'll do one hour on the glider at home, then weights, pilates bands, exercise ball, etc. I'll do yoga stretching for 10 minutes.

Friday: Gym again for an hour. Cardio on treadmill and elliptical for a combined 50 minutes again plus machines.

Saturday: I'll do one hour on the glider at home, then weights, pilates bands, exercise ball, etc. I'll do yoga stretching for 10 minutes.

Sunday: I hit the gym for over an hour. I usually do 30 minutes cardio on the treadmill and 10 minutes doing a cardio course on the elliptical. I increased my elliptical to 20 minutes (Whoever wrote up the challenges this week is evil, I tell ya! :faint:) and hit the weight machines. I got my 10 minutes of stretching in, too. :banana:

Monday: Day off from school. Yay! I'll do one hour on the glider at home, then weights, pilates bands, exercise ball, etc. I'll do yoga stretching for 10 minutes.

Tuesday: I'll do one hour and 10 minutes on the glider at home, then weights, pilates bands, exercise ball, etc. I'll do yoga stretching for 10 minutes.

Wednesday: Gym again for an hour. Cardio on treadmill and elliptical for a combined 50 minutes again plus machines.

Thursday: I'll do one hour on the glider at home, then weights, pilates bands, exercise ball, etc. I'll do yoga stretching for 10 minutes.

Friday: Gym again for an hour. Cardio on treadmill and elliptical for a combined 50 minutes again plus machines.

Saturday: I'll do one hour on the glider at home, then weights, pilates bands, exercise ball, etc. I'll do yoga stretching for 10 minutes.

just want to say Great exercise plan to my buddy!!! hi cathy!!:thumbsup2

So far so good on the challenge. Did 10 minutes (actually 15) on Friday doing the 3 mile walk instead of 2 miles.

Yesterday had family over for dinner so lots of cleaning to be done. Spent a good 20 plus minutes scrubbing the bathroom and another 20 plus minutes doing in the kitchen with some easier cleaning in between.

Today I not only did the 3 mile walk for the extra minutes but also 10 extra minutes of stretching. I'm feeling wiped but great at the same time. Since tomorrow is my weigh in day (and since I had a really big meal last night) this was my last chance work out! :yay:

Excellent challenge.

So my DH say that he loves you all for this week's challenge. I scrubbed the kids bathroom on Fri, and ours yesterday (I mean really scrubbed, got that grout much better), and cleaned inside and out all the downstairs windows today. I did a yoga on-demand class this morning & went for my walk.

Weigh in day for me and I lost 1.8# putting me (just barely) in the 140's. I am so happy that things seem to be moving again. It seemed like I was in a holding pattern for so long, I wasn't sure that this weight would start moving again. It feels SOOO good to be losing again.

Way to go! Even though you said it seemed like you were stuck in that holding pattern, you persevered, and kept going on. You were rewarded with your dilligence and the fact that you didn't give up, but rather kept focused on your dream. congrats to you!:yay:

I did pretty good today. We were so busy at work again, it keep me out of the lounge and snacking potential!;) I have been doing really good at avoiding fast food and I am very proud of that! I used some of the money that I saved to buy some romance books!:lovestruc I know that I will be enjoying the books this week!

I discovered something that I never thought was possible...clothes shoping is FUN. I didn't actually buy anything because I am not at my goal, yet, but tried on a bunch of different outfits and I had so much fun. I also discovered that i know LIKE dress/skirts on me. Something I never liked when I was heavy. I can NOT wait to go on my shopping spree when I reach my goal. I have put aside money so that I can purchase a new wardrobe when that time comes.

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!! to all the biggest losers this past week!! And to the all challenge winners!!
Congrats to my buddy Mercobear for being one of the top challenge winners!! Weigh to go!!!:thumbsup2

I've been consistent with my exercise, 5 days a week, for 30 min, but today I did 45, since saturday was my niece's birthday, and we were away at her house for the weekend, and I went a little crazy with the cake. It tasted soooo good, initially, I planned to have one piece at the party, but the rest of the cake was at the house after the party, and I had a few little bites, and then after dinner, another piece, so all in all was probably 3 full size pieces, and about 36 ww points!:scared1: Yesterday, I was back on track, and planning to stay there, and hoping not to see a gain tomorrow.

I haven't done much with the challenge yet, so I need to read it over again and see if I can earn some points.

Awesome work everyone!! Keep up it up!! :cheer2: Have a great day!!

Good MOnday morning everyone.

I am have not done much with the challenge. I did get in my walking yesterday but other than that I have been too busy with other things to do much.

Last night was ds2's Marching Band dinner. It was his last one since he is graduating. I have been involved with the band for 9 years, 7 of them as band parent president. It was a great night. I know I have great kids but it is nice to hear someone else tell you what great kids you have. Ds2 got "Hardest WOrking Band Member" award. the band director went on about what a great kid he is and how he has him for a few more months and he will miss him when he leaves. I got called up because of being band parent president. Before he called me up he spoke about me and my husband raising 2 great kids (ds1 was with him for 4 years) and how you can tell how the parents are by the work ethic the kids have. It was so nice to hear dh and I were very touched. He gave me a plaque and a bouquet of flowers. It was a great night and I didn't cry which surprised me. Then dh made in home to watch the Giants win so it was a good night.

I will probably get some walking in today since dh and ds2 are going to work on a friend's Eagle project. Ds2 is leaving in a little while to work on sets at school and I have to make a run with left over food to a place that serves lunches to the poor. I have to pick up some fruits and veggies at the market and then the rest of the day is mine.

PLan for the rest of the week. Yoga or weight training in the morning and walking in the afternoon. I am going to do this Tues, Wed, and Thursday.
Hope evryone has a great day.

Wow kicked my butt yesterday at work. We were SOOOOOO BUSY! the restaurant filled up at 6:45am, and stopped about 2pm. CRAZY .... I wish I had a pedometer on cause I know i walked MILES.

Today is a walking day- I've already done some stretching, my legs are tired from yesterday's work and scuba class afterwards...

Oh-= DBF weighed in today- he started induction last Monday- and as of today he lost 10.6 pounds! He's got about 35 more to go, but what a boost to him this morning!!! He does much better than me, he only gets on the scale on Monday morning....I'm so proud of him!

Brandy

Way to go Challenge Superstars. :thumbsup2

The challenge helped me so much last week :goodvibes My pms was in full swing and I wanted to eat everything in sight but the challenge helped me gain some control by filling up on water. I believe it also helped with my water weight gain so that when Flo finally showed up the cramps were not as bad as they usually are .. I think exercise helped there too, as well as no fast food.

For this weeks challenge my goal is to keep with my exercise goal of doing some form of physical activity for 30 minutes every day. Thanks to Cam for challenging us on Spark people to exercise, I have exercised every day this year except one day. I have probably exercised more days this year than I did all of last year .. I'm pumped :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter