• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biggest Loser 4 Week 2 Challenge #1 is on Page 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
QOTD...

I bought myself a DDR game. It seems to be a good purchase so far as the first night I spent 2 hours dancing away because it was so much fun!

Good Friday Morning. Here in Jersey it is pouring rain and it still looks like night outside even though it is 7:30 in the morning.

This week is a great time to do something for yourself without spending a lot of money. Most of us have unfinished projects around the house or books we have been meaning to read.

For Today and the next 7 days do what the challenge suggests:Instead of snacking -- spend 20 mins engaged in a hobby or interest -- 5 pts for each conscious decision to get busy and skip that snack you are contemplating -- max 20 pts for this task

Being kind to yourself does not have to be expensive.

Question of the DayDid you do what the challenge suggests?

Over the next 7 days I am going to finish the pair of socks that I have started for myself. I have been knitting socks for over a year now but have never finished a pair. I have finished 1 but then was the long task of finishing the 2nd. I found a book before Christmas on how to knit the 2 at the same time. I started on Christmas day but I have not finished them. I will try to finish them this weekend.

Good luck everyone with the challenge this week. It is fun to try new fruits and veggies.

A little late with the questions, but yesterday's qotd, what I do for myself, I bought a new camera last summer, which was a big splurge, but am loving learning more about photography, and want to take a course this spring, and the other day, I bought a pair of size 14 jeans to lose into, I could pull them up and zip them, but can't wear them out in public.:rotfl2: My goal for this challenge is 12 pounds, and I think they would fit perfect then.

Todays question- As I was making my son's lunch, and I thought of the challenge and the mindless eating, and did not put any goldfish in my mouth. I have been snacking way too much the past few days, and need to stop. I'm going to do this challenge wholeheartedly, and hope to pull out the scrapbooking stuff soon.

Dona- My sil just gave my son some hand-me-down socks her mom had knit for her son, and they are so nice. I used to knit and loved it, but never tried socks. I loved knitting mittens with the 4 needles, or the sweaters on the round needles so there were minimal seams to sew. You've got me thinking I should get in the basement and find some of those unfinished knitting projects.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

:cheer2: Way to go Foxtiregrrl :thumbsup2 I am bummed. I wanted to get to the gym yesterday and today but life got in the way both days. I couldn't get people to let me be. :mad: They kept needing things that HAD to be done right of way. Grrrrr !!! I would exercise before work but... my job starts at 6:30AM and I am already up at 5:00 I think I would be a zombie if I got up any earlier. :faint:

On a good note I did pretty well in my eating. Yesterday I had cream of wheat for breakfast, a Cliff Bar for snack, veggie sandwich on rye for lunch, and pumpkin soup with caesar salad for dinner. Today it was egg on whole wheat english muffin for breakfast, Luna Bar for snack, left over caesar salad for lunch, and chili made with ground turkey for dinner. Over all I think I did pretty good. :thumbsup2

Oh by the way Foxtiregrrl looks like we share a travel passion. I am addicted and my favorite part is the planning!!!:beach:

Sounds like a very good day! Way to go. Would you mind sharing your pumpkin soup recipe or where you got it?

yesterday qotd- what i bought myself recently? i boughty myself yesterday a membership to anytime fitness

todays qotd- yes i am planning on doing what that challenge suggests-reading some books i picked up during the summer, drinking more water, etc.

QOTD - I've been doing pretty well on it this week. Due to the dead computer next to me, I can't get to the digital scrapbooking I've been wanting to start. However, I have been doing some reading I've wanted to do. Plus, I'm not doing it with a snack in my lap so I'm on my way to a good challenge piece there.

Sounds like a very good day! Way to go. Would you mind sharing your pumpkin soup recipe or where you got it?

The one I do is very easy--- There are fancier, and just as easy recipes on the web but this one is a little more low cal because I do not use cream. This is a Santa Fe type of soup.

In a two quart sauce pan saute onion in a little olive oil. Open a can of pumpkin and pour it in. Open a can of chicken broth and pour that in. Open a can of diced tomatoes and pour that in. Open a can of black beans, drain, and then pour that in. Add a palm of chili powder and cumin. Thats it!

Arrggg we upgraded our server at work and I can't check the boards anymore:scared: ! Yesterday QOTD...I bought myself some pins in Disney last week.

Today QOTD...I took up Sudoko when I had my last knee surgery in Sept. So instead of snacking I did that last night and this morning. Now I need to get to work, lol. I am working from home today though.:goodvibes

Go Team and have a great day:cheer2: :goodvibes

Help, Losers!!

Today's lunch is shrimp poppers and mac & cheese (good old elementary school dining). It is one of my favorites. I brought granola and yogurt. Tell me to eat the lunch I packed and not waste $2.50 on school lunch! Please! It is so tempting!!!

I know what you mean. That is why I will only go into the cafeteria to eat I don't go where they serve food. It is too tempting. Eat your lunch Don't waste food.

QOTD: My calorie range and macronutrient ratio goals don't allow for much mindless snacking, so I don't think I'll have a problem with the challenge. They do allow for quite a bit of healthy grazing, in part because I don't eat very big meals.

Yesterday as an example:
A bowl of lentil soup (lentils, carrot, celery, onion crock-potted in water) with some fat-free cheddar on top (breakfast around 10am)
A second bowl of soup, with some salsa added in addition to the cheddar (lunch around 1:30 - I was in the middle of a project, or I'd have eaten much earlier)
A smoothie out of 1% protein-fortified milk, frozen banana, frozen raspberries, and ground flax (snack around 3:00)
4 shrimp and a half-plate of pineapple and berries at a client's retirement party (snack around 4:30)
A bowl of stirfried bean sprouts with beef and a bowl of stirfried napa cabbage with chicken (dinner around 6:30)
2 Tbl of natural peanut butter (snack around 10pm)

Hmm not sure what 'culvers' are but I would probably eat them right now :sad2:

Culvers is a restaurant, and it is very sinful! They are known for their butterburger! OK, putting the word butter and burger can only give you an idea of how sinful they are! But as of this weeks challenge I am not eating any fast food except for subway!

PRINCESS VIJA-reading about you in tears put me in tears! This is really hard for me too. I realized to that I just need to stop eating so much period. Fast food, junk food, chips, ice cream, everything. I knew it would be hard but I didn't think about the cravings. Last night it took every bit of willpower not to eat something sweet. This board is a HUGE help. I wish I had more time to be on here. It also moves to fast I can't read every post and I feel bad about that. I have nver told anyone my weight. Not a single person. It was really hard telling you guys. How weird is that? I didn't even want to tell a stranger on the internet that I will never met. I'm so embarrassed of myself. I guess for me this has been my wake up moment.

As the song goes... "We're all in this together...." Your words were very sweet, and I am thankful for all of the words of support and comiseration of the same sstruggles. I know what you mean about now feeling great about sharing our numbers. It is not easy!

Best of luck this week P V. You can do it!! Subway make take a few minutes longer on the way home, but oh the rewards you'll reap from the choice. Go for it! :cheer2:

Thanks! It feels great to have cheerleaders!

For Today and the next 7 days do what the challenge suggests:Instead of snacking -- spend 20 mins engaged in a hobby or interest -- 5 pts for each conscious decision to get busy and skip that snack you are contemplating -- max 20 pts for this task

Question of the DayDid you do what the challenge suggests?

Dona, I am going to work on my scrapbooks! I have so many planned for this year, I better hop to!

I WILL TAKE ON A BUDDY MY HUBBY BUDDY(CLARK KENT) IS SO BUSY WORKING THESE DAYS!

I will be in touch, I am waiting to hear back from our new members!

good morning ladies, I am feeling more better!;) this morning my foot was killing me though! I have plantar fascitis, and that long walk yesterday was a bit much I guess, but I am determined. I am not sure what I am going to do today, but I vow to get in 1/2 hour of somesort of exercise in!

I have already skipped snacking once today... 5 points earned! and I am on with my water. That might be a challenge as I love to drink diet soda, I don't mind water, I just prefer soda.

I want to say a big thank you to all of you for your kind words, it means the world to me to have somewhere to go and feel the unconditional love and support that I get here. too often society shuns the obese and I have only felt love, acceptance and support here, and I will forever be gratefull to all of you!:grouphug: :love:

Question of the Day Did you do what the challenge suggests?
Yesterday I ran out to Micheals and bought some cotton thread to start a new crochet project. It will be a shirt for my daughter of a sewn together lots of little doily like flowers. Or maybe for my granddaughter depending on how long it takes me lol (DD is only 14:rotfl: ). Lately I've been doing projects out of ends and pieces of old yarn, so it will be fun to do a complete project with a pattern with all new material. Now cotton thread gets dirty easily, so I have to work with clean hands. That means no snacking while crochetting. Yesterday, when I had the 3 o'clock munchies, instead I got all my pattern copied, got the scissors, hook etc all set up in a bag ready to go. I'm all ready for todays snack attack.

I love to read, so I try to spend part of my lunch hour doing that every day - that's my time for me, so I guess that's what I do to treat myself.

Last night I wanted something sweet after dinner in the WORST WAY, but I knew I didn't need it. So I spent time with my family doing something UNRELATED TO FOOD and eventually the craving went away. Victory for me!

I have had issues this week with my alarm not going off when it should and not having time to exercise, but I am going to fix the alarm this weekend and also exercise more this weekend to make up for what I missed this week. If I don't exercise, I won't lose this weight, so it has to be done!

Hope everybody has a great weekend!

Susan

Hi all....I was super proud of myself yesterday...went and got a membership to a local hotel pool and went swimming for 25 minutes. It was only $20 for a month and the best is that most pools are empty weekday nights...no worries about what I look like and can just swim. Did laps for 10 minutes...aerobics for 10 hard minutes....ran in place and pushed up knee plunges in deper water...thigh swings...arm puches...body twists..etc. And 5 slower laps. Things were bouncing that shouldn't be (stomach and the extra butt my butt carries with me) and I just kept pushing through. I couldn't run 10 seconds on a street so the water was a huge help.

I also am going to start extra cleaning projects when the temptation to snack comes on....it will get my house in order...and make me happy and feeling good not bad like when I snack. I did this yeaterday and dusted the upstairs and unloaded the dishwasher in the time I could have polished a candybar and pop off!:laughing:

Hi Everyone,

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well.

QOTD Yesterday - The one thing that I have done for myself is I have recently begun taking courses towards a BS in Accounting. My next semester begins on the 23rd.

QOTD Today- The mindless snacking will probably be my biggest challenge. The good news is I have a spare room that needs organized big time. I think that will keep me out of the kitchen.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Morning all,

The scale went up today instead of down... bummmer. I have been good all week. I am charting every thing on sparkpeople. I wish they had more exercises on their list. I have used calorie king before- but that one is not free.

The mindless snacking is hard for me also- but this is a good thing to overcome weekends are the hardest.

The fruit & vegggie is going to be the hardest for me. The others I can do. I did have pineapple & strawberries today.

Is any one having digestive problems???? This has happened before to me also. When I stop eating junk I stop having BM's? Any one else-- sorry to be so gross.

have a great friday and keep up the good work.

Does anyone else get the feeling like they are starving right before their period? I am in that mode and I just want to jump out of my skin right now I'm so hungry. Anyone have any ideas of what I could eat that would fill me up without going overboard on the fat and calories?

ME ME ME!!! I swear yesterday I couldn't get enough food. And it was real hunger too, stomach growl and the whole 9 yards. I tried to eat lots of good stuff. I had 2 servings of fruit yesterday and 2 veggie servings + some other stuff. I swear it's like I can't get enough food though.

Morning all,

The scale went up today instead of down... bummmer. I have been good all week. I am charting every thing on sparkpeople. I wish they had more exercises on their list. I have used calorie king before- but that one is not free.

The mindless snacking is hard for me also- but this is a good thing to overcome weekends are the hardest.

The fruit & veggie is going to be the hardest for me. The others I can do. I did have pineapple & strawberries today.

Is any one having digestive problems???? This has happened before to me also. When I stop eating junk I stop having BM's? Any one else-- sorry to be so gross.

have a great friday and keep up the good work.

On these cold days an easy way to get in those veggies and fight the mindless snacking is to keep a pot of soup on the stove. They are generally low to zero points for those using Weight Watchers and a comfort food to boot for that snacking feeling.:thumbsup2 Since soup is water based and high in veggies it should help with that digestive problem too. http://www.fatfreevegan.com/soups/soups.shtml

Keep up the good work everybody!!!! :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter