• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biggest Loser 10 Fall Challenge -- for losers and maintainers :)

unfortunately my kryptonite isn't in the house, its fast food. Its far too easy to get Busy and end up eating crappy fast food just because its convenient. I'm so looking forward to getting into our own house in a couple weeks and have control of the kitchen again!

Yes I totally agree. Fast food is dangerous for me too.

Good morning, everyone. Just jumping on real quick to post the question of the day. Thought I'd make it a fluff one. ;)

QOTD for Tuesday, September 21: What is your favorite food item or meal at Disneyworld, Disneyland or the Disney Cruise Line? And, if you could have that food item in your every day life, would you want it to be available?

On our last trip I fell in love with the Ohana bread :lovestruc. I think it would not be good if I could get that on a daily basis.:lmao:

Just checking in so far my day is going well. I need to drink my water I keep forgetting and time seems to go so fast. I am going to weigh myself again shortly and hopefully some of the gain is coming off. Enjoy your day everyone.

First of all, I am caught up! (for now)
Anyone else finding themselves not paying attention to the groceries that you don't eat? What I mean is I've stopped drinking milk. I do almond milk instead. So now when the family is low on milk, I don't really notice and have to be told half the time. The kids are old enough to pour their own, so I don't usually have to pull the gallon jug out of it's handy dandy door. I find myself running to the store for milk when normally I would have a back up gallon ready to go. Anyone else neglecting their families groceries?
Yes. ITA! My husband finally had a mini meltdown last week when I came home with the groceries. He had been hinting to me for a few days how much he wanted icecream and I hadn't bought it. He commented how wonderful it is that I'm eating better, but I keep forgetting to get him stuff. He wasn't happy at first about the 60 calorie pudding! He said, "Sugar Free? Really?" (he ended up liking it)

Zoesmama-

I really need to clean the kitchen and I have both of last week's podcasts to listen to.

I listen during my nightly walk. Its easier for me to focus on the exercise if it is a podcast or audiobook. Music doesn't do anything for me. Oh, and my kitchen is a nightmare right now. I'll be cleaning it today too, hopefully.

unfortunately my kryptonite isn't in the house, its fast food. Its far too easy to get Busy and end up eating crappy fast food just because its convenient

I totally agree with this. The only thing that is saving me on this one is Chickfila. I had a free standing one open just down the road a few weeks ago. Its so close, I just make sure I stop by if I am on a time crunch. I get the same thing everytime. Grilled sandwich, fruit cup and coke zero. 350 calories.

Good morning, everyone. Just jumping on real quick to post the question of the day. Thought I'd make it a fluff one. ;)

QOTD for Tuesday, September 21: What is your favorite food item or meal at Disneyworld, Disneyland or the Disney Cruise Line? And, if you could have that food item in your every day life, would you want it to be available?

So many choices!
1. Mushroom filet from Le Cellier. I would want this available to me, but only from time to time.
2. English trifle at Garden View Tea Lounge. No, too tempting for every day life.
3. The old breakfast potatoes at CRT. Not the new recipe. Yes, I would want this everyday!

Today's schedule: Cleaning. Have to sweep the floor, I have dog fur floating around like tumbleweeds and cat toys scattered everywhere. This can be a tough task since Boo (kitten) chases the broom around as I sweep, then jumps into the pile after like its a pile of leaves. Then I have to do it all over.
Clean the kitchen. When we moved in, we had a working dishwasher. Then it broke, and my landlord is taking his good old time replacing it. I hate washing dishes.
Then Plyometrics. Then my BIL is coming over so we can go through the Halloween decorations and go shop for more. Big party to get ready for this year!
Then, maybe my DH and I can catch up on all of our Monday tv shows and get ready to watch Today's. My new lifestyle doesn't leave much room for tv. I love tv. I will be the first to admit I watch too much. But if that is my one vice, then oh well!

Okay, I have to share this with you and then I'll be back later with some replies. I didn't sleep well last night-nightmares and how cold it was-so I stayed in bed until after 8. I got up and did 40 min. on the Wii Fit+ and then showered. I was expecting an important phone call at 10, so I went to the bathroom right before it. Well, obviously I don't know how to walk, because I'm pretty sure I broke the bone right by my toe. I heard a crack, so I'm sure I'm not going nuts. :rotfl2:

Omg does it hurt and all ice is doing is making me cold.

CC

I hope its ok! I hurt my little toe last spring, I had my entire supply of pots & pans fall on it. I had to wear crocs for about two weeks. It took about 6 weeks before the pain went away. I would get it checked out just to make sure its ok. I hope you feel better!

I did pretty well with eating. I am one pound higher than last Monday, but I will take it. Still within my maintain range, so very happy with that.

:banana: for maintaining! Glad you enjoyed your visit with DS. :goodvibes

The 60 calorie pita bread is Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran and whole wheat pita bread. It's a lot thinner than regular pita but actually quite tasty. I cut my burgers in half and folded the pita around them. I may try and have my turkey sloppy joe like that again tomorrow. It also has 6g of protein per slice as well.

Thanks! I am always on the lookout for a product like that. The protein makes it an even better choice! :cool1:

Glad DD2 is feeling better! :goodvibes

Thanks, CC! I take all the Hugs I can get! Some days I wouldn't survive if I didn't have the faith that God won't let us deal with more than we can handle as long as we don't try to handle it alone!

I love that mentality! :hug:

I am looking forward to the runners expo this Saturday in Albany for the Hudson Mohawk Half marathon. Jay and Mark from the BL will be running and they will be at the expo too. I hope it isn't too crowded!!

Good luck on your ½ marathon! :goodvibes

I had physical therapy this morning, worked all day, and then went to the gym on my way home and did 60 minutes on the elliptical (burned 500 calories, but more importantly did a lot of the minutes using my legs only, in an effort to work on strengthening).

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

All the proceeds and fundraising goes to the stephen siller foundation and it benefits many different childrens charities. Exp: the NYC pediatric burn center, it also funds a group home for high risk children in NYC, it funds community awards for children, also funds scholarships for children who lost their homes from Katrina. If you are interested in reading about it the website is tunneltotowersrun.org It seems pretty amazing and I cant wait to be a part of it.

I weighed in today and have gained 1.6lbs:eek: I over did it a bit this weekend but I didnt think it was that bad. I really need to drink more water. I drank a bunch today and hardly have been in the bathroom so I know I am lacking the fluids. Im hoping that is my issue with the weight gain. I am hoping to get it off quickly. Work is insane for both myself and my dh. We are juggling a million things between work and the kids. I am really looking forward to getting away a little on sunday and hopefully unwinding. I hope friday gets here quickly.

What a great cause! :thumbsup2

Sending :goodvibes for a quick week and a wonderful weekend!

Exercise was much easier today, partly due to my schedule. I lost half a pound this morning, eating the extra calories seemed to help. I also have tried the ground flax seed & the green tea. Very easy additions to my diet. I finally have a day off tomorrow, so I might actually get to clean my house & finish my halloween decorations.

WTG on the loss! :cool1:

Enjoy your day off today! :goodvibes

Just realized that lacking protein at lunch is killing me. I just don't feel full without it. Good job planning, and keeping up on all the chattiness we seem to have this season!

As I told CC, I think I had a lightbulb. I haven't been packing protein lately for lunch, and I have had mega munchies. I need to throw some turkey or chicken in my bag in the am!

Thanks! Protein really is the kicker for me. :goodvibes

So today has been totally busy. I thought I would come home and make some soup-because it felt like a soup day- and relax. But Im barely logging on and I still have to exercise for the day. My BF was not in a good mood today to the point I had to point it out to him that he was taking it out on me. Poor guy had the worst day ever. Everything that could go wrong for him, did. Hes feeling better now thankfully after I gave him a massage. I made Wonton soup today from scratch. Very low in calories, but soo time consuming. Maybe because it was my first time making it. I cant wait to have more tomorrow. I think Im just going to do 20 minutes on the elliptical instead of my usual hour so that I can go to bed early. See you all tomorrow!

Hope today is going wonderfully for you and BF! :goodvibes

I like to see the nutrients on SP it helps to know I'm heading in the right direction as I make small changes here and there to my "diet". :)

Sparkpeople is great! I really like to be on top of things like calcium and sodium and it does all the counting for me. Calories, fat, carbs, protein, and fiber are important too, but I’m also doing WW so I get some info that way. :)

YEAH!!!! Not a sound from DD2 all night! And she's still sleeping! She just started coughing but not the barking cough! So that's good.

:yay::yay::yay:

This is actually a very difficult question. We eat almost exclusively at counter service places and rarely get snacks. The last 2 times I went I was on a peanut/tree nut, chocolate, caffeine- free diet, plus low-salt and no alcohol (still this though) and I’m lactose intolerant. My idea of something special was actually being able to eat “ice cream” at one of the ice cream places. I think it was Rice Dream. I was told that it’s peanut/tree nut-free and they had it in vanilla so I was good to go. We also had a great meal at the brewery place. I had a Caesar salad with some kind of fish (salmon, maybe). I can eat Caesar salad as long as I take a lactase enzyme tablet first. So I guess, to answer the 2nd part, I don’t really eat anything special there that I can’t eat at home, so I’d actually want it available.

I know, I have to be the difficult one… :rotfl2:

Julie--:hug: I don't talk about it a lot, but I like to say my parents put the fun in dysfunctional.

I will say that it was awesome to be able to say--look if I can do at 40something what I have accomplished in the last year (new job, weight loss, running a 1/2) you can do this. I felt like I had some credibility and he actually listened to what I had to say. So everyone keep your fingers crossed that some of the new stuff works out for him. He's doing great in school, he just needs to find his place activity wise.

:hug: You are so right! You’ve accomplished so much. You are such an inspiration to me. :goodvibes

I am off to my WW meeting/weigh-in this morning - should be a good week.
Hope weigh-in was great! :goodvibes

Yes, I'm glad that you decided not to have a stealth birthday!

Here is a link to a table with what counts as a serving of vegetables according to the USDA (from the mypyramid website). I didn't do WW very long so I can't tell you how the chart might differ from WW servings. http://www.mypyramid.gov/pyramid/vegetables_counts.html#

Thanks Lisa-on both accounts! You and all my BL friends really were the best part of my birthday.

WTG on the workouts and 2.5 pound loss! :worship:

Good morning everyone. I'll try to catch up before I go to work. I am back on track as of yesterday. Kept within my points, and ate healthy. I got out for a 6 mile run/walk, my longest yet, and averaged 15.10 min miles, so I was thrilled to be under wdw sweep time. A friends husband drove by me on the last mile and I so wanted to yell to him to pick me up and bring me home, but I didn't. He yelled out the window and clapped for me, so it actually pushed me to keep running. I was a little sore last night, but feel back to normal today. No running this morning, but hope to get out with michael after work for a bike ride.

CC- I just wanted to say you are doing really great. It's not easy to live with others who bring the unhealthy stuff in the house, and it sounds like you're making some progress turning them around a little.

What a great motivator! Glad you finished your run/walk and what a great time! :cool1:

Thanks! :goodvibes

Got possession of our new house, and it was interesting to show the girls what will be their new home. They were excited and also emotional, with a few tears from each of them.

That’s great! :banana:

Happy healthy Tuesday to everyone!

You too Jen! What a busy day and week you are going to have. :worship:

WW portions tend to be similar to USDA portions for things like fruits and veggies. Yes, one apple is a serving....but that is an apple smaller than your fist.... not one the size of your head!!:rotfl: Or one cup of sliced apple or 1/2C of unsweetened applesauce.

Broccoli... one serving is one cup... same with lettuce and spinach.

A few of the larger fruits and higher sugar fruits tend to be less than "one piece" for a portion... a half a small mango is a serving, half a banana is a serving.

What ever you are using to keep track of your calories should tell you what a portion size is. Or you can look it up online.

Quick NSV story to share....

I was putting away laundry and put a pair of jeans in DD's closet. She came to me later and told me that they weren't HER jeans, they were MY jeans. I was pretty sure they weren't. We held them up and looked at them..... seemed our size. Then we looked at the tag. They belong to my 12 y/o DS! AMAZING! Who would have ever thought my jeans would be similar in size to my DS!!?? I even noticed when hanging clothes on the line that most of my clothes are SMALLER than DS's clothes!! And DD (15) and I are pretty much the same size right now (although she is taller). WOOHOO!

Thanks for the info! :goodvibes

Great NSV! Congrats! :cool1:

So I weighed myself first thing this morning, and I was down two more pounds! So this would be almost 2 1/2 since Friday. The new things I'm doing this week must be working! So hopefully they stay off til this Friday!

:dance3: Looks like there is going to a lot of great losses this week!

I really do think that we all have it in us to be like Bree and so many others here --the very struggles that can bring us to our knees can also be the obstacles that we climb over, push through, or kick out of our way. And when we do, guess what? We have moved that much further ahead on our journey. It may be a tiny step, some small progress, but it is further than we were when we were standing behind that obstacle with it blocking our way.

Very well said! :thumbsup2

My youngest is home sick today. He was sent home with a fever yesterday and has to be out for 24 hours. He seems much better today. I did let him sleep in and he went to bed early last night on his own. I chose not to give him his ADHD meds today since he was off schedule. I am totally paying for it now. He is bouncing off the walls and eating everything in sight :headache: I forgot how much those meds help him.

One of the meds I take causes me to feel like I have ADHD. Before I figured out how to turn all the extra energy into exercising time, I was driving everyone around me nuts.

Hope he feels better soon and that all is well tomorrow! :goodvibes

Oh, and thanks for the reminder to take my med. I usually take it around 10, but with the phone call and being on Dis, I haven’t yet. :rolleyes1

I started a thread for BL show chit chat. Here is the link http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=38308502&postcount=1
I heard a preview on Live365 this morning that said that they are bringing in the Marines to help Bob and Jillian with the training tonight!

I HAVE to have the frozen coffee at the bakery on Main Street - it is the only place that I have ever seen it available and I always look forward to it - and on our most recent trip last month - the cookie ice cream sandwhich there - my middle daughter had it and I tasted it - YUM!!!

What is the frozen coffee like Michele? Is it like an iced coffee or more like a frappuccino without the milk? It sounds good. I wonder if they have it a DL?

Thanks for sharing about the Diet Plus Analysis program, too. I actually have that one for my nutrition class -- that is going very, very slowly, thank goodness for self-paced learning -- and will have to check it out. I got a used copy through the student bookstore for $35.

I am off to my WW meeting/weigh-in this morning - should be a good week.

Good luck with your weigh in! :thumbsup2

QUOTD: It used to be the French Toast loaf at Main Street Bakery but I think they stopped serving it. Our favorite meals tend to be when we grab something and eat outside - either at the Poly or the Boardwalk or AKL. Makes me want to go back to WDW - our next trip isn't until spring break and at that point, it'll be one year. That has to be our longest stretch in probably ten years. We're headed to DC for Christmas this year - never been.

You'll love all the beautiful Christmas decorations, MB! :santa:

I got out for a 6 mile run/walk, my longest yet, and averaged 15.10 min miles, so I was thrilled to be under wdw sweep time. A friends husband drove by me on the last mile and I so wanted to yell to him to pick me up and bring me home, but I didn't. He yelled out the window and clapped for me, so it actually pushed me to keep running. I was a little sore last night, but feel back to normal today. No running this morning, but hope to get out with michael after work for a bike ride.

:woohoo: 6 miles and under sweep pace! :yay:

Lisa-Halloween candy will be coming soon. My sister was going to have the candy fairy come take her kids candy and leave a present. I don't think MIchael will fall for that. I think we will need to make a no candy pledge this year since we'll be starting our half training right after halloween!

:scared: I'm in if I can start after I get back from Disneyland on the 10th! You are a tough partner! ;)

woke up early this morning and couldn't sleep so I came on here and got the weighins entered. I'm hoping to get the results up early this evening.

Got possession of our new house, and it was interesting to show the girls what will be their new home. They were excited and also emotional, with a few tears from each of them. Off to get ready for work now.

:woohoo: New house! When is moving day? Thanks for being our weightkeeper in spite of your busy times! :flower3:

Lisa - You are such a darling. :lovestruc Congratulations on your huge loss! :woohoo: And I had to laugh about you not feeling sick or needing a nap. I always told my personal trainer that if my muscles didnt' hurt after our workout he wasn't doing his job. ;) The first time I sent him a text that said "Consider this hate mail from my muscles." he texted back "that's what you pay me for". :rotfl: Congratulations on your wonderful loss!

Yes, the thought that I asked for this and am paying for it did cross my mind a time or two yesterday. :rolleyes1 :lmao: But it is totally worth it, even though my legs and stomach are sore today. It will be more like a walk than a run today.

Sounds like you are still in non-stop motion! I am so impressed with how you have held it all together during this crazy time in your life. You are incredible with keeping the family going, keeping the house going, staying on track with your health goals and finding time to exercise. YOU GO GIRL!

Says the pot to the kettle . . . . ;) Enjoy your busy day. :flower3:

I love the beignets at DL. I can make them, but of course they aren't good for me. Love the baked potato soup too, which I also have the recipe for.

I just saw that they have gingerbread beignets at Cafe Orleans for Halloween. :cool2:

That is a great NSV, pjlla, pretty soon you are going to have to start labeling everyone's clothes! ;)

So I weighed myself first thing this morning, and I was down two more pounds! So this would be almost 2 1/2 since Friday. The new things I'm doing this week must be working! So hopefully they stay off til this Friday!

Sounds like you are doing great! :thumbsup2

:hug: about the doctor visit. Some doctors don't have the best bedside manner. Do they think you hadn't noticed what was going on? :confused3

I really do think that we all have it in us to be like Bree and so many others here --the very struggles that can bring us to our knees can also be the obstacles that we climb over, push through, or kick out of our way. And when we do, guess what? We have moved that much further ahead on our journey. It may be a tiny step, some small progress, but it is further than we were when we were standing behind that obstacle with it blocking our way.

So true, Cam! ::yes::

Deb, hope your DS is feeling better soon! :flower3:

CC, I agree with Cam that an xray would be a good thing. :hug:

Lindsay, hope the scale is kind. You are so OP, a little fluctuation is to be expected. :hug:

Have a great day all!

Oh, no!! CC, I hope you didn't break anything! :hug: Can you go to an urgent care center to get it x-rayed? Please keep us posted.

I talked to my mom about this. She said 2 things: you can't do anything about a broken toe and don't go to the gym. Well, those and ice it. :rolleyes1

The closest ER is about 35 minutes away and the walk-in clinic does not do x-rays. We aren't sure about the PCP's office.

Just checking in so far my day is going well. I need to drink my water I keep forgetting and time seems to go so fast. I am going to weigh myself again shortly and hopefully some of the gain is coming off. Enjoy your day everyone.

:goodvibes

Today's schedule: Cleaning. Have to sweep the floor, I have dog fur floating around like tumbleweeds and cat toys scattered everywhere. This can be a tough task since Boo (kitten) chases the broom around as I sweep, then jumps into the pile after like its a pile of leaves. Then I have to do it all over.
Clean the kitchen. When we moved in, we had a working dishwasher. Then it broke, and my landlord is taking his good old time replacing it. I hate washing dishes.
Then Plyometrics. Then my BIL is coming over so we can go through the Halloween decorations and go shop for more. Big party to get ready for this year!
Then, maybe my DH and I can catch up on all of our Monday tv shows and get ready to watch Today's. My new lifestyle doesn't leave much room for tv. I love tv. I will be the first to admit I watch too much. But if that is my one vice, then oh well!

Another one of us with the busy day! :worship:

I hope its ok! I hurt my little toe last spring, I had my entire supply of pots & pans fall on it. I had to wear crocs for about two weeks. It took about 6 weeks before the pain went away. I would get it checked out just to make sure its ok. I hope you feel better!

Thanks! That must have been awful. 6 weeks :scared1:

I'm watching it for swelling. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I heard crack. The swollen part doesn't seem to be my toe, but I was never very good with anatomy and physiology. I may call the PCP's office, but even that is 20 minutes away and I'm not sure about driving. Hmm. Lots to think about.

Well - I am suffering from a deplorable lack of time today - and am having to choose between thoroughly enjoying your wonderful posts or putting on my work-out stuff and doing a half walk and half WATP workout before I have to train my next client--so - I am posting because that is my goal this week--to get me back into the swing of things--but that's all I have time for today...agh - very frustrating - cause it's so nice to read all your stuff.

CC - I hope your toe is OK - my mom has broken her toes multiple times and it always is not pleasant--hope that it turns out to be something minor.

I love the DoleWhips--but eating them while watching the good ol Tiki Room show is THE BEST...
For meal - my favorite would have to be the Grand Safari celebration dinner--which you need to be in a group of 8+ to enjoy--so not sure when I'll ever get to experience that again - but we all LOVED it.
Wouldn't want any of these every day or they would lose their appeal.

Have a magically Disney day, all!!!
:) Liz

I woke up today to my summer goal finally being reached, 35 total lbs lost!!!! Within a week I should be saying bye-bye to the 140’s and hellooooo to the 130’s. Im super excited and motivated. Now its only 12 more pounds to go to reach my Fall goal. I feel that’s its doable now that I have these new healthy habits eating style. My coworkers were even commenting yesterday to me that Im practically vegetarian now with all the fruits and veggies I eat. I do make sure to get my calcium and protein in for the day though. Hope everyone has a good day today!

I always have to go to Cosmic Rays for their condiment bar, which I use on fries. So yummy. We always have to go to the pastry shop in France too. I haven’t had one bad pastry yet. But I wouldn’t have these things in my every day life. The only thing I can honestly say I would want in my everyday life is their fruit. When we go to DL, we now just try to get fruit as our snack. Their fruit is always ripe and it tastes really good. Maybe they can ship it to me :goodvibes

The good news is that I am down another 2.5 pounds since Friday which puts me down 8 for the challenge so far and within 6 pounds of my prepregnancy weight -- a number I haven't seen in more than 11 years! :yay: I have a real shot at ONE-derland this challenge! :woohoo:

That’s great new! It must be some good motivation for you.

Got possession of our new house, and it was interesting to show the girls what will be their new home. They were excited and also emotional, with a few tears from each of them

Congratulations on your new house. It must have been nice experiencing your girls’ reactions.

Jeanette - That soup sounds fabulous! I LOVE wonton soup. Maybe tomorrow when I ask everyone to post their favorite recipe you could share it?

Sure!

Who would have ever thought my jeans would be similar in size to my DS!!?? I even noticed when hanging clothes on the line that most of my clothes are SMALLER than DS's clothes!! And DD (15) and I are pretty much the same size right now (although she is taller). WOOHOO!

Definitely WOOHOO! That must feel awesome!

Well, obviously I don't know how to walk, because I'm pretty sure I broke the bone right by my toe. I heard a crack, so I'm sure I'm not going nuts. :rotfl2:

Ouch! Hopefully its really nothing that serious, but you should go see a doctor just in case.

Wow what a morning! Everyone is sure chatty and checking in. :goodvibes

Michele,
I'm sure its amazing but something about shrimp and cheesecake do not go well together for me. Not without some time between them anyway.
My middle brother was that way. He was the thin one both me and my youngest brother seem to have got the gene to carry more weight and gain more easily. He also can have a serving of snack or junk foods and be fine. He will eat large portions of dinner at times but doesn't gain weight like the rest of the family does. Soooooo not fair! My dd seems to have a good sense of when she is full and not. She had big eyes at Subway last night did eat a 6 in sub(well a little less he cut my side a bit heavier) and wanted 2 cookies but turns out she just wanted half of each chocolate chip and white chocolate macadamia(she did her best to read that on the cookie case too..awww) nut one she left half for later. She had given me the half of the chocolate chip one which I ate when i realized I was stuffed. So I declined the half of the macadamia one. When we had gone to Walmart a few days ago she went to the bakery as usual to get her free cookie and it was white chocolate chip macadamia she didn't know but then saw them at Subway and said those are so yummy. She is definitely my kiddo as those are my favorite.

Taryn,
Its always like that at bed time with a list to do. I end up skipping out on stuff and its always the stuff for "me"(washing face, trimming nails etc.). Well I missed you on my up keep yesterday.

Tracey,
I'll trade it was 82 this morning and that is cooler. It's not totally uncomfortable like the afternoon bus pick up will be. I may drive my car over but today is a few degrees cooler at 100 even over 109. :laughing: Id be happy for some highs of 80.

Kristi,
I will have to try that bread pudding its one of my favorite desserts.

Shannon,
Oh that has to be fun showing the house to them. They will get excited. Happy Belated Birthday. Zoe can't wait till we get a house because she knows she can get a puppy then. It will be awhile.

Cam,
No it was supposed to be last weekend with my other brother(that I don't live with) and he decided to keep his funds in savings for emergencies in the coming weeks. Smart idea. He had a large settlement but bought himself a good bed for his bad back and stuff just added up. I'm okay with it. Looking forward to taking Zoe during spring break maybe to Disneyland though. It all depends on work and stuff. Will be even more excited if I can make a trip to visit at least 3 days at Disney World I'd love for Zoe to finally see Epcot and AK especially.
What a great story and thoughts. Zoe LOVES Glee and she has got to be the youngest Journey fan because she loves that song. :thumbsup2
My friends middle son doesn't eat with his ADHD meds or if he's missed it but her oldest is on some for ADHD but also bipolar and those make him a bottomless pit she has to limit him because he puts on tummy weight quick. He had a goiter last year too but those meds seem to mess with him. He had to adjust them because he gains and loses and they don't work right. She struggles to keep him steady enough.

CC,
Ouch I did that once last year. I wasn't used to my apartment yet and smacked my little toe good. It hurt for weeks. I'm sure mine was just bruised but wow can it hurt bad.
SP is great for watching them but I find a lot of things that have been entered without the extra info(meaning just cal, fat and carbs,protein) which makes me sad. I have to put in most things to get accurate calculations. Points work well for me when I track. I do really really well when I stay OP with WW.

Jen,
My brother works at a Ford dealership and says any repairs not under warranty people really pick at what they can afford to have done. Business is real bad for them right now. Quite a few of the Ford dealerships closed but his isn't having as much troubles its in a city with a lot wealthier population so they still have a few sales going on but dealerships are pushing used sales as they seem to be getting more commission on those than new cars. I just got my car paid off in 2008 or so and want to keep no payments as long as possible I may even save aside cash once I'm working to just out right buy a used one.

I keep trying to persuade Zoe from doing her room in any characters at least not overly because of that reason. I don't want to be decorating every year or two. She did get a cheap Littlest Pet shop(her other obsession) comforter for her bed(that she rarely if ever sleeps in :rolleyes1 ) but the sheets were not in stock so I got her to just get solid pink sheets that can be worked into other themed or colored comforters later.

pjlla,
How sweet to make the shower invites for you SIL. Happy adoption and congrats to them. :woohoo:
How cool you can fit in same size as your 15 year old, that's gotta be great.

Cupcake,
:woohoo: :yay: Come on 130s Way to go on reaching a mini goal. :thumbsup2 Good job!

AOTD:
I'm not sure I have a favorite really. In the past I have really loved the taco salads in the big crunch shell bowl can't remember where we'd get these but it was my dad's go to place when he'd have us all there trying to save money on dinner as kids. But its something I would avoid now. In Epcot at the Moroccan restaurant I enjoyed the lemon chicken with couscous and at the bakery in Italy I think yummy just about anything but not necessarily what I'd want here(or couldn't find or make). I even had a veggie burger in MK that I really liked. I don't associate food with Disney all that much. Because I try not to buy a lot. I just found out last trip in June 2009 that you could get free ice water at service counters. That saved a whole lot of money and calories as I would get sprite or lemonade.

I didn't get as good a walk this morning the bus driver was running behind so I was waiting a while at the stop. It was also warmer this morning than yesterday, or maybe more humid making it feel warmer since we are expecting rain today or tomorrow. But yet the expected high is a little less. Weird. Should start cooling off next month. Usually by end of Oct we have some really cool chilly mornings to break out jackets and pants. Which means more school uniform shopping. :eek: I like to check thrift stores first so I should start looking now for the good quality ones and watch for half price day. :rolleyes1 She tears through the knees of pants easy so I'll be getting them this way or at Sears where I can get them replaced with Kidvantage program.

Hope everyone has a OP day and nice weather. :goodvibes

I just found out last trip in June 2009 that you could get free ice water at service counters. That saved a whole lot of money and calories as I would get sprite or lemonade.

oh my where were you before our last trip.:lmao: I didnt realize they would give out free ice water. I guess I should of asked.:confused3 We used a bunch of our snack credits for bottled water as it was so gosh darn hot in sept. Well anyway thanks for the tip for my next trip. I will definitely be on more of a budget in feb. so this is will be helpful.

GOOD NEWS- back down to my friday weight. I think the whoosh of TOM is finally beginning. I am going to run tonight since its a beautiful day here. My dh is taking a night off from his tues class (he stayed up watching football to late last night):lmao: and having to get up and work all day is just not helping him. It works for me, I get to run.:banana:

TTYL

Thanks CC!

Julie – Wow, I am always amazed (horrified, really) at the way some people can treat children, especially their own children. It makes me so sad. I second Jude’s comment – you will be able to do this! And Cam’s comment – you are strong and resilient! And awesome job on all the miles – that is really impressive (I also totally agree with Pamela that we should have a party when you hit 1000 - I love parties :cool1: )!

Thanks Lindsay!

Thanks Taryn! That should be my life’s motto – what doesn’t kill me, makes me stronger! Also agree with pretty much everyone else, protein at each meal is the only thing that keeps me satisfied until the next!

Rose – Welcome back!

I don't really have a favorite - I think the food at WDW has gone way downhlll since the first time we went, I didn't eat anything there in May that I loved. But the cruise food, my goodness, everything I had on both of the cruises I loved! I can't think of a favorite from there though either. I guess I'll have to let you know when I get back from my B2B on the Dream in May ;) ! And, no, I would not want any of it available to me on a regular basis - I have enough trouble keeping yummies out of my mouth already :rolleyes1 !

Thanks Lisa! Way to go on the loss! (And I see another party coming up yay :cool1: !)

Thanks Kathy – yep we were neck and neck last challenge! As it gets closer to December, I’m a little more motivated – see my policeman friend is going to be visiting around Christmas!

Congrats on the new house Shannon!

Thanks Cam!

Thanks Jen!

Thanks Pamela! Everyone at work calls me “the editor”! I very rarely pay attention to spelling and so forth online but that one made me do a double take, so I had to acknowledge it (sorry Connie :flower3:)! That must feel amazing to be the same size as your kids! I think I’ll be sad when DS’s clothes are as big as mine (no matter how small mine are at that point) because that will mean he’s closer to being “all grown up”. Good luck with those invitations!

Wow – that was awesome – thanks so much Cam! I had never heard that song before but I looked it up and I like it – it’s going on my itunes list right now, thank you :thumbsup2 !

I chose not to give him his ADHD meds today since he was off schedule. I am totally paying for it now. He is bouncing off the walls and eating everything in sight :headache: I forgot how much those meds help him.
I have those days with DS too, makes me want to skip the “no meds days” sometimes. I worry about DS’s eating during the week too, but I try to cram as much (good) food into him as I can, especially on the “no meds days”. He’s been underweight since he started the meds, but he’s gained over 5 lbs in the last two months so I’m hoping he moves into normal weight category at the next check up.

CC – Oh no! I hope it’s not broken! There really isn’t much they can do for it if is it broken, except set it if needed, but it wouldn’t hurt to have it looked at just in case. Good luck!

Now I MUST get some work done! Have a great, on plan rest of the day everyone!

Bree

Hi lisah

Yes, I had dropped out for a while..I have found my way back. We have a new puppy named Luna. She is a yellow lab and so sweet. My heart was so empty with out my other dog, I am so happy to have her, and to get back on track. I am also having my 40th birthday party this coming Saturday with my husband. We are having a BIG bash, I know I will be enjoying more than I should. I will be compensating for that early on. It feels great to be back on the disboard...I have truly missed it. :)

CC, I agree with Cam that an xray would be a good thing. :hug:

CC - I hope your toe is OK - my mom has broken her toes multiple times and it always is not pleasant--hope that it turns out to be something minor.

Hopefully its really nothing that serious, but you should go see a doctor just in case.

CC,
Ouch I did that once last year. I wasn't used to my apartment yet and smacked my little toe good. It hurt for weeks. I'm sure mine was just bruised but wow can it hurt bad.

[QOTE=brinalyn530;38311039]CC – Oh no! I hope it’s not broken! There really isn’t much they can do for it if is it broken, except set it if needed, but it wouldn’t hurt to have it looked at just in case. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Thanks Everyone! Dr.'s appt is in about an hour. Thank goodness.

Now, for some more important replies...

Connie – I think you mean Jen is your heroine – not heroin (like the drug) – at least I hope that’s what you meant :rotfl2:!

Oh for heaven's sake! I knew it didn't look right, but I didn't give it any more thought. I HATE when I do that!

Kryptonite food - DONUTS!!!!!

I'm with you on the donuts! I saw a box in the break room yesterday. I had no idea whose they were, but I had to check and see if there were any in there. I was actually grateful that the box was empty.

Julie, I cannot begin to imagine the things you have endured. I'm so glad that you've found your way here. :hug:

My youngest is home sick today. He was sent home with a fever yesterday and has to be out for 24 hours.

I had to pick my DD up early yesterday too and we're home today. She has a fever, but no other symptoms so we're just trying to wait it out.

My problem is that being here at home makes it SO easy to munch. So far, so good but there's a bucket of ice cream in the freezer... :scared1: Nah... I'm gonna run this evening. No reason to make it harder than necessary.

Well - I am suffering from a deplorable lack of time today - and am having to choose between thoroughly enjoying your wonderful posts or putting on my work-out stuff and doing a half walk and half WATP workout before I have to train my next client--so - I am posting because that is my goal this week--to get me back into the swing of things--but that's all I have time for today...agh - very frustrating - cause it's so nice to read all your stuff.

Glad you came by today! :goodvibes

I woke up today to my summer goal finally being reached, 35 total lbs lost!!!! Within a week I should be saying bye-bye to the 140’s and hellooooo to the 130’s. Im super excited and motivated. Now its only 12 more pounds to go to reach my Fall goal. I feel that’s its doable now that I have these new healthy habits eating style. My coworkers were even commenting yesterday to me that Im practically vegetarian now with all the fruits and veggies I eat. I do make sure to get my calcium and protein in for the day though. Hope everyone has a good day today!

:yay::yay::yay: Way to go! That's awesome!

SP is great for watching them but I find a lot of things that have been entered without the extra info(meaning just cal, fat and carbs,protein) which makes me sad. I have to put in most things to get accurate calculations. Points work well for me when I track. I do really really well when I stay OP with WW.

Interesting. I've never had that problem. Of course, I input a lot of my own food because I buy low-salt, no-salt added products. :goodvibes

GOOD NEWS- back down to my friday weight. I think the whoosh of TOM is finally beginning. I am going to run tonight since its a beautiful day here. My dh is taking a night off from his tues class (he stayed up watching football to late last night):lmao: and having to get up and work all day is just not helping him. It works for me, I get to run.:banana:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Mickey Mouse Waffles! With syrup and chocolate! Totally in love. :lovestruc

Would you believe I've never had a Mickey waffle? I definitely have to expand my horizons! They sound delicious! :banana:

Thanks Kathy – yep we were neck and neck last challenge! As it gets closer to December, I’m a little more motivated – see my policeman friend is going to be visiting around Christmas!

What great news! :cheer2:

Hi lisah

Yes, I had dropped out for a while..I have found my way back. We have a new puppy named Luna. She is a yellow lab and so sweet. My heart was so empty with out my other dog, I am so happy to have her, and to get back on track. I am also having my 40th birthday party this coming Saturday with my husband. We are having a BIG bash, I know I will be enjoying more than I should. I will be compensating for that early on. It feels great to be back on the disboard...I have truly missed it. :)

Great to hear from you! :cool1:

Some of you may remember that during the Summer Challenge, I had said that I would give you a synopsis of a book I read – “Ready, Set, Go! Synergy Fitness for Time-Crunched Adults” by Phil Campbell. Well, I never got around to doing that and I would like to rectify that.

The premise of the book is that getting slower and fatter as we get older is not pre-ordained and a well-rounded exercise regimen is integral in achieving the leanness, strength, endurance, power and youthfulness we all want. And that the way to achieve this within our busy lives is to exercise, eat and supplement in such a way that we continue to burn fat and calories long after our workouts are completed.

Those of you who have read “Master Your Metabolism” by Jillian Michaels have already read about Human Growth Hormone (HGH) and it’s affects on fat-burning. Campbell sites many studies throughout the book and suggests many ways to naturally increase the amount of HGH produced by your own body.

Anaerobic exercise – Campbell developed a workout that he calls “Sprint 8” in which 8 sprints are performed (in the discipline of your choosing: run, bike, power walk, swimming, whatever) with a short recovery in between each. The only requirement is that the 30-second sprint gets you good and winded and you went hard enough that you couldn’t have kept it up much longer than 30 seconds. This also works those fast-twitch fibers in the muscles which typically atrophy as we get older; even if you’re doing strength and aerobic training, you’re only using the slow-twitch parts of your muscles.
Strength training – A weight-lifting workout by itself doesn’t necessarily raise HGH, but having well developed muscle will allow you to get better synergistic benefits (after-burn) from your aerobic and anaerobic workouts.
Aerobic exercise – Campbell sites studies that suggest aerobic exercise is not as productive as was once thought for reduction of disease risks. It still burns calories and it’s still something you should do, but not to the exclusion of other forms of training.
Flexibility – Warm and stretch or muscles so they can adequately support the loads you’re putting on them. Campbell outlines a 10 minute stretch routine to be included a few times a week.
Plyometrics and Explosive lifting – Power is increased by power training. Adding plyometrics and E-lifts (on the lift or push motion of weight lifting) is training your body to be more powerful. Again, this is where you target the fast fibers in your muscles to develop the entire muscle rather than just the slow fibers.
• Take 2 grams of L-Glutamine before a workout – He cites studies that indicate this, with exercise, helps with the increased HGH production.
• Eat a high-protein meal or snack within 2 hours of a workout to improve HGH production. Avoid refined sugar like the plague for at least 2 hours after a workout – this includes some high-sugar recovery drinks. He suggests that unless you are riding the Tour de France, chances are you don’t really need to “recover” so much as you need to let your body keep burning fat and calories and refined sugar will stop that process in its tracks. (Someone posted a link to an article with this info in the Summer thread and that’s what turned me on to this book in the first place.)

The book includes workout plans for the beginner right thru to the advanced athlete. Detailed instructions and photos of each exercise are also included.

If you’re interested in more info, check out www.readysetgofitness.com and sign up for their newsletter (excerpts from the book). The book can be ordered from that site and is also available at Amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter