Biggest bargain?

BonSchwe

Mouseketeer
DH and I will be heading down on 02/10 and we had some unexpected money situations arise with our car and now we are on a much tighter budget than we originally thought. We don't mind munching here and there because without the kids it's a lot easier - but what are some of the best deals you have found in the parks? :confused3

I really think splitting meals can be a huge bargain. We both dined at 50's PT Cafe for $20, full meal and tip - and had plenty to eat. They split it in the back, and it was more than enough for a meal... I know people say it's expensive to eat table service, but since almost all the meals are much larger than one can eat on their own, you can easily split all meals and save a ton. Esp at lunch.

without a doubt the best night time bargin is this:
take the boat from the MK to FW and go to trail's end for dinner. at $14.95 for a buffet filled with fried chicken (same as the hoop), ribs, and all sorts of good 'ole cookin' it can't be beat.
then head over to chip and dale's FREE campfire and movie ( http://www.disneycampers.com/Camp_Fire_Movie/Movie_Index.htm ).
its a really full night for really little cash.

Check out the 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken meal at the Tusker House @ AK, plenty for two to share, loved the green beans and garlic mashed potatoes too. Also check out the Chefs special (Onion soup, entree, and creme brulee) at Chef de France, we split the special and order an extra house salad.

We also split the Rotis. Chicken meal at Tusker House. Although its not listed on the menu, we also add a side order of the beans because DW loves them so much. The French menu at Chefs is really good & a great value for a sit down. A good counter service deal, if they still have it after The Land is renovated, is the baked potato/salad/cookie combo at the food court there. It was only around $6.50.

Absolutely, without a doubt, the best value on property is the Trails End at FW. We usually do breakfast there, which lasts us most of the day. It is 9.99 for adults, 5.99 for kids, all you can eat. It is a good, hearty breakfast buffet with the best doughnuts I've ever had!! We take the boat from the MK over to FW, then take the boat back to the MK and spend the day. We are so full that we can skip lunch (or have a snack!) and then I make a PS for a decent dinner somewhere.

I'd love to try dinner at FW...hopefully next trip. But we still have to do breakfast too....my boys love it there!!!

If you buy a double cheeseburger meal with fries and buy an extra bun there is easily enough for two (these are sold in lots of places). :wizard:

If you'll be at DTD, Earl of Sandwich has very reasonable prices and the food it delicious!

I agree with other posters. DW and I split several meals in WDW and are very full at all of them. We split the chicken sandwich at 50s PTC and had plenty. We split the filet at Le Cellier, had a good meal and got full. We usually eat breakfast in room, poptarts or cereal bars. This will get us through til we split a snack in the parks, then we eat late lunch/early dinner.

Trails End is a bargain by WDW standards. It is buffet so you will be paying for both.

Good luck and have fun!!

I think the Lotus Blossom Cafe at Epcot is great. You can get a chinese meal, with rice, drink, vegetables, and a fortune cookie for just over $5...and it tastes great! x

At the fast food counters in the parks all the burgers/chicken meals are combos. You can order any or them a la carte and it will be cheaper. Buy one side order of fries and share. There will be plenty. Try ESPN along the Boardwalk. When we stay at the BWI we always eat there. Good value and good food. Plus, DS and DH love the atmosphere!

Share meals like previous posters have suggested. I often share with someone in my family, and I like to eat too, so don't think you won't have enough! I just hate to order a meal and throw a lot out. Plus I like to leave room for dessert! They always serve meals much bigger in restaurants than we do at home. Don't feel funny about asking the waitress to split the meal. Many, many people do. Very common, and not always for budget reasons -- like I said, why throw away food or money?

:wave2:

We have found Mama Melrose's a good one for splitting food (chicken Parm., and flatbread pizza) Plaza Restaurant in MK is an affordable table service restaurant, even without sharing. We also split the chicken at Tusker House. The good thing about WDW is there are so many ways to dine - we can do a 6 day trip for $300 or $700-$800. And, for the most part, it's all good food.

Kaycee said:
If you'll be at DTD, Earl of Sandwich has very reasonable prices and the food it delicious!

I'll second this one!

Hey Kaycee, can we go there in May. Can we? Can we? Huh?

Karen

TLinden16 said:
I'll second this one!

Hey Kaycee, can we go there in May. Can we? Can we? Huh?

Karen

OK, you twisted my arm! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter