Big runDisney announcement coming in April

OK, nice run tonight after work and a bike in the AM....

I am headed back to the international route - sorry WDW and DL folks....

I am thinking its in the third of four Disneylands constructed. (3/4)

With todays clue of the missing 25... France is the country where Mile 25 is.

OK, nice run tonight after work and a bike in the AM....

I am headed back to the international route - sorry WDW and DL folks....

I am thinking its in the third of four Disneylands constructed. (3/4)

With todays clue of the missing 25... France is the country where Mile 25 is.

At the princess they said they were going to announce a race that all the princesses would be very interested in. I don't see how an international race would be of interest to most of the women at a race in Florida. I for one am not interested in running a disney race in which I have to pay more for airfare than I do for a typical WDW race weekend total... I have to believe that it's at least an event in the states.

Like many others, at this point I am so over the "mystery" and guessing, just get one with it and give us the details.

My current Guess....:lmao:

Is it's a Princess type race at Disneyland and if you do both Disneyland and Disneyworld Princess Races you'll get a special medal.

Enter 2 for(4) 26.....

I love the clues I just wish we had a couple a day to try and figure it out because it's kind of taken away from the excitement.

At the princess they said they were going to announce a race that all the princesses would be very interested in. I don't see how an international race would be of interest to most of the women at a race in Florida. I for one am not interested in running a disney race in which I have to pay more for airfare than I do for a typical WDW race weekend total... I have to believe that it's at least an event in the states.

But where do most princesses live and what continent is full of those types of structures.

I can't imagine Disney would get enough of a draw for an international race.

I think the new clue means a half marathon-another princess themed one-perhaps in California. Think of 24 as meaning two for

Enter 2 for(4) 26 miles. Maybe another special medal for completing both?

I really hate this guessing game! It drives me crazy!

I am hoping it isn't another princes. I'm sill holding out hope for an Epcot double.

I'm still betting it's a princess (or otherwise woman-themed) race *. I'm holding out hope that it's a Star Wars, but I'm not looking at the clues anymore. The rollout is slow, the clues still ambiguous, and I'm not optimistic about the end result.

* Yes, half-marathons are about 60% female/40% male, and that is used as a justification for more women-themed races. The fact that marathons are the opposite ratio (60% male, 40% female) is also used as justification for women-themed races. The half-marathon numbers would not be so skewed, were it not for the Princess half, Nike womens half, 26.2 with Donna, etc.

But where do most princesses live and what continent is full of those types of structures.

Good point, but there is a pretty nice castle about 6 miles into the current princess race:thumbsup2 I don't think there would be much of a draw for the majority of the current run Disney clientele if the race was international.

OK, I've been following the thread and my current guess. Sunday March 4th,2012 for the Disneyland Princess Half Marathon. The race will begin at 4:50 am. The reason the race starts so early is instead of using the current half marathon marathon course, The Disneyland and running through the castle will be at the end of the race. During March, Disneyland opens at 8:00 a.m. A 4:50 a.m. start gives them over three hours to get the bulk of the races through Disneyland before the park opens to the public.

You can enter 2 princess half marathon 4 26 miles and a special princess coast to coast medal.

If the 2012 Princess Half in WDW is still scheduled for the last weekend in February, I can't see how Disney would benefit from having one in Disneyland the very next weekend. Most of the princesses would not be able to travel to both races one weekend after another. Just my $.02

So I shared the 2nd clue with my husband. He immediately thought of the 24 and 26 as being the old entrances to Disneyworld off of the interstate. Definitely a WDW race?

If the 2012 Princess Half in WDW is still scheduled for the last weekend in February, I can't see how Disney would benefit from having one in Disneyland the very next weekend. Most of the princesses would not be able to travel to both races one weekend after another. Just my $.02

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm a sucker or inagural Disney races but I wouldn't/couldn't travel out of town back to back weekends like that and doubt that many other Run Disney fans could either. Just too expensive, plus Disney would lose out on $$ because no one would have the time off work, or money to extend their trips.

My current Guess....:lmao:

Is it's a Princess type race at Disneyland and if you do both Disneyland and Disneyworld Princess Races you'll get a special medal.

Enter 2 for(4) 26.....

I love the clues I just wish we had a couple a day to try and figure it out because it's kind of taken away from the excitement.

I don't know why this didn't occur to me...but what if it's a new race during an existing race weekend? Just going off what Cripey noticed about perhaps the numbers being the dates of the Princess. Like the marathon relay is a new race, sort of, for WDW Marathon Weekend. If so, I'll be really disappointed.

This crossed my mind too...maybe they are making a whole weekend out of the Princess now and adding a full...maybe with a relay option too which would make the other post above "Enter 2 for (4) 26" still make sense...2 people could enter the relay for 26 miles....but it seems so close to the January marathon weekend for them to turn around and do another one in February. But of course, just a guess...I love the suspense but I just want to know...I wish we knew for sure when the announcement will be.

I'm still betting it's a princess (or otherwise woman-themed) race *. I'm holding out hope that it's a Star Wars, but I'm not looking at the clues anymore. The rollout is slow, the clues still ambiguous, and I'm not optimistic about the end result.

* Yes, half-marathons are about 60% female/40% male, and that is used as a justification for more women-themed races. The fact that marathons are the opposite ratio (60% male, 40% female) is also used as justification for women-themed races. The half-marathon numbers would not be so skewed, were it not for the Princess half, Nike womens half, 26.2 with Donna, etc.

I may be showing my own biases here, but I don't see a Star Wars themed race as something that would be a hugely appealing thing to most princesses...

Now...if they were to do a princess and pirates themed race...

I may be showing my own biases here, but I don't see a Star Wars themed race as something that would be a hugely appealing thing to most princesses...

Now...if they were to do a princess and pirates themed race...

See, whereas I don't see the need for yet another women-oriented race. It's not as though there is a huge shortage of them, after all. A pirates and princess one would be fine, but (supported by the current poll on runDisney's FB page), I pretty much assume that it's going to be another women-oriented race.

I'm starting to think it is something as simple as a DL Princess Half on the same weekend as the WDW Princess Half. Something like Princesses taking over both coasts.

Or, the relay added to the Princess.

I also thought for a moment it would be something to do with the Fantasy sailings starting next year, but other than Castaway Cay, there really wouldn't be anywhere to run.

I wouldn't think they'd run it on the same weekend, it just seems like they'd simply halve the number of runners that show up to the current princess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter