Big River Grille parking

Ambassador

DIS Veteran
After a morning tour of EP, and an afternoon at our WL pool; we plan to dine at Big River Grille, then go into Epcot for Illuminations. BRG does not take reservations. Where do we park: BW?
Thank you for your reply.

I think you can park at the Boardwalk Inn if you are a WDW Resort guest and then walk to Big River grille. If I recall correctly, the "standard" parking is quite a distance from the hotel. Valet parking is another option.

Since you are not going at a busy time, they may allow you to park in the hotel lot. If not, I would valet park. The overflow lot is over by the gas station. Officially, they do not provide theme park parking.

Another option is to park at Epcot, take Disney transportation to/from WL for your break, walk to BRG and then walk back to Epcot for Illuminations. Your car will be at Epcot and if you're there early in the AM you'll have a great parking spot.

pick another restaurant, the food there was the worst ever. I enjoyed the pizza at the spoodles window more. My food was stone cold and my husbands was awful

Spoodles window is a good suggestion. We also considered Beaches and Cream at BC. Thank you.

Any restaurant can have a bad day. But our meal was great. I got the steak with crab meat on top. One of my best meals on the last trip.

Matthew

Any restaurant can have a bad day. But our meal was great. I got the steak with crab meat on top. One of my best meals on the last trip.

Matthew

This is true!

We had such bad waitservice that my hot food was cold and my friend's cold food was tepid. I won't go back, especially since the manager was unaccomodating when we talked to him about our problems (he'd actually gone on a walk OUT OF THE RESTAURANT with our waiter). :P

This is true!

We had such bad waitservice that my hot food was cold and my friend's cold food was tepid. I won't go back, especially since the manager was unaccomodating when we talked to him about our problems (he'd actually gone on a walk OUT OF THE RESTAURANT with our waiter). :P

Maybe he was firing him? But yes our waitress stunk too.

We thought it was just ok. It is WAAAAY smaller than I would have thought. I think for dining a hotel gives you only a 3 hour window. So if you are planning on eating and just seeing fireworks you might be ok.

We actually really enjoyed the food when we were there 2 years ago. We also loved sitting outside on the boardwalk.

I have to agree with this. DH and I really enjoyed it.

Not sure what to tell you about parking, but I think plutolovr has the best suggestion.

We ate at Big River Grille and Spoodles during our last visit (Sept 08). Big River Grille ranked up there for food quality. We had a surf n turf plate (filet w/shrimp) and it was very good, cooked to perfection. the mashed potatoes are to die for. However, you need to be aware it is a very noisy (noisier than other WDW restaurants) dinner. The restaurant is a micro-brew setting with a bar and open concept. Not a quiet family dinner or romantic dinner.

Spoodles was our second favorite meal of our last trip (lemon garlic fettucine with shrimp was the best!)

The Wave at contemporary was the winner for us as best meal of our trip. Service was impeccable, food was outstanding, one of the more quiet atmospheres for WDW dining, without going Signature like V&A's.

"The Wave at contemporary was the winner for us as best meal of our trip. Service was impeccable, food was outstanding, one of the more quiet atmospheres for WDW dining, without going Signature like V&A's."

That is an interesting recommendation: we had not considered here, and it is easy to get to from WL. Thank you.

We always park at the boardwalk when going to Big River. Enjoy!

(keep in mind, if it is really busy they will make your park across the street instead of the close self parking. you can tell them you would rather valet and they may let you)

So I went ahead and called BRG directly. The manager says no problem just tell security we are going there for dinner. He suggests showing our resort ID would be helpful. If something goes wrong, I will report it here after we return. Thanks for all you comments and help.

So I went ahead and called BRG directly. The manager says no problem just tell security we are going there for dinner. He suggests showing our resort ID would be helpful. If something goes wrong, I will report it here after we return. Thanks for all you comments and help.

FYI the self-parking lot is across the street from the guard shack entrance. You can park there without a problem. If you wanted to pay for valet parking, you should have no problem telling the guard you'd like to valet park because you are eating at the Boardwalk.

Disney does not take ADRs for Big River, but you can call the restaurant directly and make reservations. It gets you in faster than walk ups who have put their name on a list. 1-407-560-0253.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter