Big River Grille or Spoodles?

weluvslinkydog

I'm thinking of something orange and white. It's
DH and I will be staying the the BWV for the f&W festival without the kids in just 10 days!! wondering for our first night in--should we try the Big River Grill or SPoodles?? we'relooking forward to a fun, grown up atmosphere and good food! also, do either have outdoor seating? Thanks!!:goodvibes

Spoodles will have better food. Big River will have better beer.

I say Big River. Yes, there is seating outside and I think the food is better. I was not too impressed with Spoodles when we ate there. I know that my mom had the salmon at Big River and she thought it was one of our best meals at Disney. Have fun!:cool1:

My vote is for Spoodles. It is quite loud (with an open kitchen), so not very romantic but the atmosphere is cool and the food quite good. Order a pitcher of sangria (it is fantasitc) and toast to the beginning of your vacation, sans kids!

We've eaten at both several times- my vote is for Spoodles. BRG is good, but Spoodles is even better!

Got to be Spoodles. Much better food and service.

Thanks for the great replies everyone..it actually sounds like we really can't go wrong either way!

We have eaten at both...also we vote for Spoodles, just avoid the waitress named Sandy....she was an absolute horror, even though the food was good.

Neither Spoodles or Big river grille are one of our favorites.

If we want a bite to eat on the BW, we usually eat at ESPN
If I wanted a nicer meal - walking distance - I'd go to Yacht Club steak house or Flying Fish

But when we go in the fall, we almost exclusively graze at the Food and Wine festival - for all meals. And BWV is a great location to do that.

sorry for piggy backing:sad2: , but would any one cosider Big river grill good place for father and DS(15yo) and be open torads the teen scene?:confused3

We were at Spoodles last Thursday night for the first time. We really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. We will definitely be going back.

I think your DS15 would enjoy Big River - you can sit outside and there's some carnival games right across the way. We always stop there for a beer (not crazy about the food - menu is not really "brew pub" fare as expected) and our kids love to play the basketball challenge while they wait for us. Usually costs us a few bucks but eventually they win a ball!

Back to Spoodles question - food is better there but it's extremely loud and crowded - if I was going sans kids I would not choose to eat there.

Spoodles, hands down. I see no drawn in Big River Grill at all. Completely unmemorable menu, service, and atmosphere.

Been to Spoodles and enjoyed it. I don't recall any outdoor seating there. I was considering BRG for my next trip....maybe I will reconsider.

Tried Spoodles and BRG both on my last trip. Both were good, but I would say BRG was better for us. The mahi mahi I had was fantastic as were the drinks. We were two adults so we were able to walk right in and sit at the bar for dinner. Spoodles was tasty, but the dish I got was a little too greasy.

Big River because of the beer - that's important to me. Spoodles is OK, but.......

Big River because of the beer - that's important to me. Spoodles is OK, but.......

Beer is very important to us too! In fact, we share your mantra...life is too short to drink cheap beer! so...the beer is that good at Big River? that might be the deciding factor...thoguh most of the reviews said Spoodles were much better food!

thanks everyone for the fun chat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter