Big River Grille & Brewing Works reviews??

tjh0817

Earning My Ears
Need to find one more place to go and running out of places we have been to. Has anyone tried this place and could you kindly give me some feedback?

Thanks

I went with my family last fall. We all thought the cheese and beer soup was fantastic, and as a beer lover, I was really happy with their big, cold house brews. The main courses were not so spectacular, though - Mom and I had ribs, which were so-so; Dad had a cheeseburger, which he said was fine; my brother and his girlfriend got the steak Oscar, which they liked a lot but didn't love. We skipped dessert in favor of a funnelcake from the Boardwalk, which was a total disaster. (Soggy funnelcake topped with a freezer-burned ice cream brick, which had the texture of a genuine brick.)

In summary - it's not a terrible place to eat, and the soup is awesome, but I wouldn't expect to be blown away. I'd rather repeat a place I had already been and enjoyed than come here just for the sake of it being new.

thank you for the review, any other places that you had a great experience at?

we ate there on our trip in Sept 2007. It was a good meal. I had the steak oscar...I remember it being good. DH and I both had salads...hard to mess that up. I don't remember exactly what DH had but it was some type of steak. He said it was good. We were really full at this point but at the time appetizers and deserts were part of the plan...so we got that too. I got some kind of chocolate dessert. I remember liking it but am not sure what I got. What I do remember was DH getting the cheesecake and proclaiming it the best he has ever had. We also liked the home brews. We went a couple of times just for the beer (but we stayed at the boardwalk)
It was really good and we would go again.

We went to the Big River on our trip last November. The atmosphere was so loud it was deafening (I know it's a brewery, but we couldn't even hear the waitress), the food was not very good, and my DD threw up when we got back to the hotel. By far our worst meal in Disney!

We went to the Big River on our trip last November. The atmosphere was so loud it was deafening (I know it's a brewery, but we couldn't even hear the waitress), the food was not very good, and my DD threw up when we got back to the hotel. By far our worst meal in Disney!

I did want to add that we went when they were first opening up for dinner...4:30-5pm (they do not take reservations but we were really hungry) and it was a slower time then. Maybe the key is to go early.

My wife and I went there in Dec 05 and weren't impressed at all. Very noisy. Food was only so so. I am a home brewer and have visited many many micro breweries and Big River wasn't even up to an average rating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter