Big River Grille @ Boardwalk

kcdarr

Earning My Ears
Hello all, :wave2:

Has anyone eaten at Big River Grille? Is it any good? Is it horrible?
Please, any help you can give would be greatly apprecitate. :thanks: :

Of course, you'll hear the entire spectrum of reviews from "I hated it" to "I loved it" for nearly every restaurant at Disney, but our family really likes Big River Grille. We ate there for lunch last year and I had a great Blackened Mahi Mahi Caesar Salad -- it was a simple meal, but it was one of my favorites from the trip. Everyone really liked their meal except my mom who had a burger. The burger was much too burnt on the outside for her liking.

Still, we'll be heading back there on our trip in a month.

Thank you for your response. I realize I will get many differing responses.
However, if everyone hates it, I may have to rethink going there.

It's pretty good ... can be noisy and crowded and they don't take ADRs. We have had lunch there a few times and dinner once. We had a server once who gave us a card for a free dessert on our next visit just cause we were nice him and all his other tables were grouchy! :)

If you have a table facing the windows, you can see just a bit of the high parts of the fireworks from Illuminations.

on a nice night it is always relaxing to sit outside on there patio tables, and enjoy one of there micro-brews, and people watch. They also have decent RIBS.

For what it's worth--it always looks pretty crowded. I find it good for a burger and a beer. Service is often nonchalant. Best seats seem to be outside on the Boardwalk-inside is rather dingy.

I wouldn't make a special trip. We typically stay at the BoardWalk, and if we're hungry, and if we cannot get ADRs or we're too tired to hike into Epcot, and if Big River Grill has a table, we'll eat there, though grudgingly. (Is that a middling-enough recommendation? :))

We go there every trip, but usually only for lunch. It is usually not too crowded at lunch, so it can be a nice place to go to get away from the crowds at the parks for a little while (since you can walk or boat from Epcot and MGM, it is very convenient to pop over for lunch from either of these parks). Sandwiches and salads are pretty good and the beers are great. Sitting outside is nice, but I actually like the somewhat industrial look of the inside of the restaurant.

I am one who loves Big River Grille, but ONLY if it's a nice day and we can eat outside. Having to eat inside this place loses every bit of the joy for me. On the dinner menu is Hazelnut Crusted Chicken (not positive, but I don't think they serve it for lunch) I love all types of chicken dishes and this is the very best chicken I have ever ordered!

Thank you all for your responses. I did not know they don't take ADR's.
You folks are really a vat of information. This is why I started lurking
around the dis. To soak up all the information I can. :)

When you eat at Big River, you have to roll the dice, b/c you never know how it will be.
The meatloaf used to be excellent, but has declined over the years. The ribs are still very good, most of the time.
Stick with a beer and (insert entree that can't be screwed up here), and it is decent. Sit outside if you can. Inside can be 'musty' at times.
We usually end up there when we don't have ADR's, and need to eat, without hiking back into EPCOT. We are not against it, but we don't go out of our way to dine there, either.

But, it's still better than eating at the ESPN club.

Our experience at BRG has been poor service and so-so food. Given the large number of other choices nearby we haven't returned.

This place gets two BIG THUMBS DOWN from me. Horrible service. Horrible food. Horrible Experience. We'll never go there again. :sad2:

We have been twice. The 1st was great, the 2nd not so much. The beer was outstanding both times. What really bothered me was the swarm of gnats flying over our table, and we were inside :crazy:

Been there twice. Both times the food was so-so. Service was the WORST. Servers were rude and never showed up to refill drinks or to see how the food was. Needless to say, we won't be returning.

We tried it twice and the food was just fair. The chips and salsa were awful and a waste of money. I don't remember if we could charge the meal to our room or not. Or perhaps I could not use my Disney charge card(not the VISA). It is not a Disney restaurant.

Thank you all so very much. We may pass on this one unless we are
at Boardwalk and hungry. I don't think we will make a special trip to eat
there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter