• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big news about Mardi Gras

phamton

The Other Orlando Themepark
I heard today from some reliable sources that they are extending Mardi Gras three weeks. That means the last day of Mardi Gras will be April 30th instead of April 9th. No word yet on what bands will be playing in those final 3 weeks though.

Bev

thats awesome
now my brother can go and see it
(was anybody there today to see O.A.R.....i was:teeth:.)

that would be awesome! we had to cancel plans over St. Patricks Day :sick: but this would allow us to do a day trip ~ :scratchin hmmmmmm ~ any way to confirm this ?

Hey Haggy!
I'm going up tomorrow and be back in a week. I'll try to get an official line. I think Bev would know though since her kids will have to work the extra Mardi Gras nights.

howdy mf'er ! :rotfl2: :laughing:

Thanks for checking :) I appreciate it v.much.
Sounds like it's time to start planning a day trip ! (hmmmmmmmm :scratchin , maybe I can do a short weekend getaway!)
Thanks all :flower3: this is just the pick-me-up I needed!! :rose:

Hey Universal Freak! I was there yesterday too...didn't stay for the concert, but Tabi and I sang in the preshow "Mardi Gras Superstar" (I've NEVER sung in front of people before, and was so nervous that I missed my cues...LOL).

I heard from a security guard about the extended Mardi Gras weeks...He even told me the bands he thought they were trying to get. I only remember one of them because it was such a shocker.,.don't know if it's true, but he said, despite the fact they'd need like 50 more security people, they were trying to bring in Marilyn Manson for the last day of Mardi Gras. If so, that's scary, and I won't be anywhere NEAR Universal that night!!! :earseek:

Wow! I REALLY hope that this is true. We'll be at UO from April 13th through the 17th and I was very disappointed that we'd have just missed Mardi Gras. We didn't make it last year but were there for MG in '03 and had a great time. Now I'm very excited! (Not like I wasn't anyway :teeth: )

The Mardi Gras extension is a "for sure" thing. They've already talked to those who are in the parade so they will know they will be working. It's true---trust me.

Bev

When someone finds out the concerts, please please please let us know! I missed MG last saturday, DFiance got to go but I had to work so I want to try to go.

Thanks for always keeping us informed phamton! I cant wait to see who they get to play, wish I could get there before its over.

BOBBY GOLDSBORO :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rockband:
Okay i just showed my age...I like him...He's from florida and He Use to sing a SAD love song or too! :love:I can only WISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Universal FReak said:
(was anybody there today to see O.A.R.....i was:teeth:.)

I was able to hear part of it. I was working at Shrek.

I hadn't been to Mardi Gras there yet - it looks like a blast!!

Holly

Yeah!! Am there April 13th thru the 22nd. Is the parade only on Saturdays? The first time we went to Universal we just left a show and the parade was starting. My husband and daughter at the time around 5 years old were the only ones in the area. We had a fantastic view and got about 50 beads. My daughter is now almost 13 and we still have many of the beads around plus the Mardi Gras coins. It was so much fun having her wear all the beads around her neck as she walked out of the place. Never forget it. YEAH!! :cool1: :bounce: :rotfl:

My kids ended up with hundreds of beads in '03. They got most of them from the small afternoon parade with the characters. Does anyone know if they still do the mini parade in the afternoon?

:goodvibes :flower: Best news EVER! I'm so excited! I was able to reserve a room on short notice (less than 30 days) and we were able to score a (semi) decent rate because we are Loews Gold Members ! Hurrah!

Thanks for the heads up, now we can still catch some beads!!! :banana:
Now to figure out how to make the ticker go faster!!!! :hourglass

Talk about overkill. Wasn't it already long enough? I like their special events just as much as anyone, but this'd be like HHN extending into January.

Considering I wasn't able to go when Mardi Gras was scheduled, & the fact that I would have missed Mardi Gras all together if they hadn't extended the dates, I don't think it's overkill at all. :flower:

P.S. They only added 3 Saturdays.

I think it's overkill too, because Mardi Gras happens in early February, and then the celebration goes for 2 more months at the park. But what else are they gonna do? They've got everything set up in terms of the signs and props around the park.

:flower: This is very exciting - we will be in universal on 4/23-4/27 and it was inbetween events. So if the mardi gra is extended I think it will be fun for all of us - sounds like a blast for all

Instead of extending it, they should have had it more nights during the week like it use to be..it is toooo crowded when you hold it on one night a week. We are suppose to go on 4/2 since we will be up that way... not sure if I really want to deal with the crowds... my 12 yr old is the one that really wants to go... I can understand why those of you who are going during the "extended" period are happy, your getting an extra perk that you weren't aware of when booking...that is always a good thing... it isn't really "overkill" by extending. Wonder who will be playing... I am suppose to be going back up to Orlando on 4/30th too. maybe I can catch the last one as well???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter