Big Loser tv show - anyone see this?

I watched last night, and would be very surprised if one of the contestants doesn't have a heart attack. To go from practically no exercise to all that exertion - holy cow!

I found it a little too extreme, but I'm sure I'll watch again next week. I can't believe they're trying to convince people that losing 22 pounds in a week is healthy...but what do I know.

And I noticed Caroline Rhea put on a few pounds since her talk show went off the air. I like her - I think she's really sweet - it seems that they're only using her because of her weight gain, though.

I really made time to watch this, but was very disappointed in the format.

They could have had a hit, but instead they made it into extreme makeover without the surgery!

Who in the heck is gonna excercise for 5 hours at a time! Then they are voting off the smaller people because they will lose weight slower than the bigger people.

I think the focus should have been on the diet and excercise that could be maintained throughout life and that no one should be voted off so they could all reach their goals. They could still have a winner at the end.

I wont make an effort to watch in the future.

I watched it last night and enjoyed it, but agree with how they think someone should lose 22 pounds is a good thing.

I did like how they showed an update at the end of the first girl voted off and how she lost an additional 15 pounds.

DH and I did.
I'm sure they aren't expecting them to loose more than 1-2 lbs from now on. I certainly don't think they are expecting another 22 lbs next week.

I think it is crazy too and dh and I agree the guy trainer has a better plan we don't like the woman trainer or her plan at all.

I didn't watch the whole thing just the last half but it made me kind of sad. People are overweight for all kinds of reasons. It's my experience that unless I am mentally prepared to be a smaller person any weight loss I acheive quickly reverses itself. This show seems to add a lot of stress to weight loss. I guess it will work for the highly competitive but I couldn't do it.

Even though their situation isn't typical - as far as how much time a day they can put into exercise and the benefits of a full gym, trainers, and healthy prepared food right at their fingertips I still think it's motivating to see people work so hard to change their lives. ::yes:: Their were parts I wasn't crazy about - and it really is too bad that they have to vote people off but I think that's just the game show aspect. I find it encouraging and inspiring to see people reaching for their goals and $250,000 or not if they can lose weight and get healthy I think the experience will be worth it for them. ::yes:: I'm so glad I don't have one of those scales at my house though. :eek: ;)

I missed it and from the posts, I am thinking I really did not miss much. I'm not sure if I will bother. I don't like the idea at all about voting off anyone who wanted to try.

I missed it. I think I'll stick with the weight challenges on the Discovery Health channel. I enjoy those.

Is there a current Discovery Health challenge on? I lost track of that show and can't remember when it aired. I enjoyed that one too. Couldn't bring myself to watch TBL because it seemed just from the commercials that they were really sensationalizing it. We have enough prejudice in the world toward overweight people without making a (non)reality show about it.

I won't be watching.

The Discovery Health challenge - I think I saw some episodes of season one, season two, and more recently the celebrity challenge. I can't remember who won the celebrity challenge - I think it was either "Peter" from the Brady Bunch or the guy who ran the coffee shop in Ellen's bookstore in the show "Ellen".

I missed the first 1/2 hour but was able to watch the final hour. I really enjoyed the show. I do not care for the "voting one person off the island" mentality though. I will watch it every week to see the dramatic transformations (both inside and outside) that occur for these people. I find it inspiring and one lady in particular reminds me so much of myself. She is the one that they show on the commercials all the time with the accent and she talks about how much she wants and needs to stay. It brings tears to my eyes every time and I know I'll be sobbing at the end of this week's episode when they vote the next person off.

I wish each of them all the success in the world. They certain are brave to lose their weight in such a public forum and here I was concerned about putting my real weight on a weight loss website and they step on a giant digital scale in front of all America every week!

I have been watching the show. I didn't find it motivating, but entertaining. Of course, I like these kinds of shows. I thought it was totally unrealistic, but I did find it entertaining. I don't know how many more shows they have, but I will continue watching. :D

I to admit to watching this and thinking that the way they present this is alwful. I like reality shows so i'll continue to watch it for the entertainment. But I was not thrilled with them showing a HUGE weight loss during week one as a typical thing. We all know that first week is honeymoon and the second week is where your really find balance coming off a huge loss. THat proved true last week. The contestants actually seemed surpised to loose little to no weight after those huge loss's the week before.

I've been watching the show and it has been interesting. I think they should have spend more time on the pep talks after the weigh in. They talk about how they had just stalled after the first incredible week and to stay on course and the weight will start coming off again. The lady also told them to not cut any more calories that it may be counter productive (putting you into starvation mode). Hopefully this week they will show more on this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter