"Big Girls Only" A Sept 2015 PTR *Final PT Update 9/10/15*

She is getting so big! and BEAUTIFUL!!! :love:

I do like your plans! i am excited to hear about your CRT I am up and down on that right now...

Oh my...DD is getting so big and more beautiful every day.

She's getting too big too fast! It's very bitter sweet. :sad:

I love your dining plans (well, I don't love WCC....:lmao::lmao::lmao:...but a lot of people do). I like your tradition of Raglan Road on departure day (that's become a favorite of ours).

We had to give WC a try, rude CM seems like an oxymoron! We LOVE Raglan Road! Although I am tempted to test out one of the new restaurants too, we shall see.

Good idea to split up with the ones you have selected. :thumbsup2

We thought so too, trying to get all our must dos.

She is getting so big! and BEAUTIFUL!!! :love:

Thanks Mo! It's only been 4 (almost 5) months since her birth and it feels like forever and some how just a quick minute all at once! :confused3

I do like your plans! i am excited to hear about your CRT I am up and down on that right now...

Sis has NEVER been! I think the little princess inside her needs to dine in Cinderella's Castle, good, bad or indifferent. princess:

Hey there! Followed your link over to check out your PTR. I think an adults only trip with your mom and sister seems like a good idea... especially if your DBF is willing to spend a few days alone with your DD.

By the way, now that she's here, is he still as eager about it. :faint:

I mean I love my kids, but not sure I could handle a week alone. :scared::scared1:

And congratulations on your beautiful new baby. Well, I guess she was new a few months ago, but I just read that update about 5 minutes ago, so you get where I'm coming from.

Hey there! Followed your link over to check out your PTR. I think an adults only trip with your mom and sister seems like a good idea... especially if your DBF is willing to spend a few days alone with your DD.

We thought so too!

By the way, now that she's here, is he still as eager about it. :faint:

I mean I love my kids, but not sure I could handle a week alone. :scared::scared1:

Funny thing is when I showed him this he replied "but she's still a little baby." Once I reminded him DD would be one at the time of the trip he started to get kinda sweaty. Good thing MiL isn't too far away! :rotfl2:

And congratulations on your beautiful new baby. Well, I guess she was new a few months ago, but I just read that update about 5 minutes ago, so you get where I'm coming from.

Thank you! Five months is still pretty new, especially when you're a first time parent. :thumbsup2

Joining in. Your DD is so cute. It is so good that you get to have a girls trip with your DM and Dsis. When your DD is older then you can have a family trip.

Joining in. Your DD is so cute. It is so good that you get to have a girls trip with your DM and Dsis. When your DD is older then you can have a family trip.

:welcome: Thanks so much for following along! I agree about DD, she has plenty of time to enjoy WDW, mommy is going to go and enjoy it with the big girls!

Well, as any of you September planners may have seen, the park hours for September were released today. Usually this is great news, in my case, however, this has thrown a monkey wrench into our plans; there appears to be no MNSSHP on September 13, our arrival Sunday! :sad:

I don't know what we will do! Maybe move the trip to the next week? That's SO's birthday week, maybe sticking him with our one year old isn't so nice. Maybe we extend the trip a day and do the party that Friday? Although I have heard Fridays tend to be busy party nights cause of the locals. Maybe we change things around and hit the party on Tuesday? We'd have to rework our entire schedule! The WDW vacation planning struggle is real!:faint:

Any and all suggestions are welcomed!

Yuck... sorry they threw a wrench in your plans.

My first reaction was that while it is always a pain to re-arrange days, that might be the easiest thing to do and just go to the party on Tuesday. But then I started thinking... that Tuesday would be the first Halloween party, right?

If that is so, then it would probably be pretty crowded (if not sold out). I'm always interested in some "extra" time at Disney. I'd say add the day and go on Friday.

I guess my thought process is you'll probably see equivalent crowds regardless which of the 2 parties you'd pick... but Friday just means an extra day there!

And as for the crowds, I went to MVMCP this year on a night that was sold out. This was the third time I've done an MVMCP and the first one I've ever attended that was sold out. It was also the least crowded MVMCP I've ever been to. I really think they're limiting how many tickets they sell for the parties now so that they are actually more worthwhile to attend.

Well, as any of you September planners may have seen, the park hours for September were released today. Usually this is great news, in my case, however, this has thrown a monkey wrench into our plans; there appears to be no MNSSHP on September 13, our arrival Sunday! :sad:

I don't know what we will do! Maybe move the trip to the next week? That's SO's birthday week, maybe sticking him with our one year old isn't so nice. Maybe we extend the trip a day and do the party that Friday? Although I have heard Fridays tend to be busy party nights cause of the locals. Maybe we change things around and hit the party on Tuesday? We'd have to rework our entire schedule! The WDW vacation planning struggle is real!:faint:

Any and all suggestions are welcomed!

Well, that just stinks! We're planning MVMCP early and I'm nervous we'll end up in the same boat. But I also REALLY want our party night to be our arrival day because it just doesn't feel like Disney until we've been to MK and it's a good way to do it without adding a day to tickets. So, I guess it depends on how much you have your heart set on doing MNSSHP first and how doing the party a different night will impact your other plans (it would completely upend mine). If moving the dates isn't a big deal I know that's what I've decided for us if party dates don't work with my current plans. But an extra day at Disney is never a bad thing either. I know- I'm no help at all! :duck:

My first reaction was that while it is always a pain to re-arrange days, that might be the easiest thing to do and just go to the party on Tuesday. But then I started thinking... that Tuesday would be the first Halloween party, right?

If that is so, then it would probably be pretty crowded (if not sold out). I'm always interested in some "extra" time at Disney. I'd say add the day and go on Friday.

I guess my thought process is you'll probably see equivalent crowds regardless which of the 2 parties you'd pick... but Friday just means an extra day there!

And as for the crowds, I went to MVMCP this year on a night that was sold out. This was the third time I've done an MVMCP and the first one I've ever attended that was sold out. It was also the least crowded MVMCP I've ever been to. I really think they're limiting how many tickets they sell for the parties now so that they are actually more worthwhile to attend.

That's really good to know about crowds! We're coming very early in November and our party is probably going to be the first one. I'm a bit nervous about it TBH- no one else to fill me in about where special characters are set up prior to our party?! That so goes against my inner obsessive planner! But I'm glad to hear that at least there's hope that it won't be crazycrowded. :crowded:

Darn...sorry to hear that your plans got screwed up with no party. I'd add an extra day if you can.

Since Labor Day is late this year I think the party is staring early, at least that's how it looks from the hours.

I would love the extra day, don't know if my boss would though :guilty:

That seems to be the consensus for the parties; less tickets are being sold, thus limiting crowds. I feel like whatever night we go would be equally crowded as any other.

Well, that just stinks! We're planning MVMCP early and I'm nervous we'll end up in the same boat. But I also REALLY want our party night to be our arrival day because it just doesn't feel like Disney until we've been to MK and it's a good way to do it without adding a day to tickets. So, I guess it depends on how much you have your heart set on doing MNSSHP first and how doing the party a different night will impact your other plans (it would completely upend mine). If moving the dates isn't a big deal I know that's what I've decided for us if party dates don't work with my current plans. But an extra day at Disney is never a bad thing either. I know- I'm no help at all! :duck:

LOL! No need to throw things! This is my predicament; all three of us have to agree, AND be able to take off work. Le sigh. :confused3

Darn...sorry to hear that your plans got screwed up with no party. I'd add an extra day if you can.

I'm just glad we get to go; no matter what we still have an amazing vacation in WDW!:thumbsup2

What about Tuesday the 15th?

That is one of the options! At this point I'm waiting for mama and sis to weigh in :confused::faint:

Well Folks, after much deliberation with sis (mama said "whatever you want; I'll just show up") we have come up with the following:

We are changing our arrival date. :earseek: Mama and I will drive up Saturday September 12th, in the evening rather than the morning of the 13th. We will stay with sis at her place in Orlando that night and check into our hotel SUPER early Sunday morning. This will allow us to make Tuesday September 15th our MNSSHP day!! :cheer2:

So, yay for solving the party crisis! I am finishing up our itinerary (color coded spread sheets are my favorite thing :woohoo:) and I'll post that as soon as I have it all together.

Our ADR day is coming up mighty quickly; 31 days from today actually, and everyone has been given three ADRs that they must get.

:maleficenMama needs to get:
1. CP for a Pre Park Open on Sunday
2. The Plaza for lunch
3. Raglan Road for our lunch on departure day

:ccat:Sis needs to get:
1. CRT for dinner, during the fireworks!
2. Tusker House for lunch
3. Sci-Fi for lunch (although I'm thinking this will be more like apps and shakes)

:mickeyjumI am in charge of:
1. BoG dinner on Sunday (I hope!)
2. HBD for the Fantasmic! Dinner Package
3. WCC for dinner after AK (since they close earlier)

Hopefully this strategy works and we are able to get our ideal times and such.
I could probably share more plans but then this report would be over! :rotfl2:

So that's all for now folks, be back soon with more details as our ADR day gets closer!

TTFN! :tigger:

Yay for going a day earlier and aw to do the MNSSHP on Tuesday.

Again love your idea of splitting up the ADR's between the three of you and your choices look great.

Sounds like a good plan- and more time at Disney is always a good thing! :thumbsup2

Splitting the ADR responsibilities seems like a great strategy too! (Incidentally, my Sci-Fi "lunch" will also most likely be shakes and apps.) :rolleyes:

I could probably share more plans but then this report would be over! :rotfl2:

Haha, I'm not the only one who withholds plans just so I'll have something to post about later... :rolleyes1:rotfl:

I think your earlier arrival and MNSSHP on Tuesday probably makes the most sense. Good luck getting all the ADRs that you want!

Yay for an earlier arrival. Moving the party to Tuesday will work out. I hope you will be able to get all of your ADRS.

Yay for going a day earlier and aw to do the MNSSHP on Tuesday.

Again love your idea of splitting up the ADR's between the three of you and your choices look great.

We agree; who doesn't love an extra full day at Disney?! PLUS this will likely be our first opportunity to see sis's new place in Orlando. :woohoo:

Hope fully our idea pays off. If it does I will totally be using this for future trips! :thumbsup2

Sounds like a good plan- and more time at Disney is always a good thing! :thumbsup2

Splitting the ADR responsibilities seems like a great strategy too! (Incidentally, my Sci-Fi "lunch" will also most likely be shakes and apps.) :rolleyes:
Haha, I'm not the only one who withholds plans just so I'll have something to post about later... :rolleyes1:rotfl:

Thanks Hope! Adding Saturday just makes so much sense; no early morning drive up the Turnpike AND an extra day in the happiest place on earth! :hyper:

Yeah, Sci-Fi is a favorite of ours, but the idea of eating lunch AND dinner at a TS feels like too much; shakes and apps it is!

LOL! :lmao: I could have probably written this PTR the week I started it, but what's the fun in that?! :goodvibes

I think your earlier arrival and MNSSHP on Tuesday probably makes the most sense. Good luck getting all the ADRs that you want!

I agree, we've never done MNSSHP so I really didn't want to miss it.

Thanks Andy! Hopefully our strategy works.

Yay for an earlier arrival. Moving the party to Tuesday will work out. I hope you will be able to get all of your ADRS.

Earlier is always better at WDW!

I agree, I think Tuesday will be good, hopefully not too crowded! :thumbsup2

Thank you Kristen! We shall see how things unfold. popcorn::

I haven't gotten a chance to read all the way through, but definitely subbed! :simba:

:welcome: Thanks so much for joining in!:teeth:

terrific for a earlier day!!!! i am loving all your ADR's and awesome you can split them all up!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter