Big Family Fun.....Hopefully!

Tell Hannah we won't let her sob alone. :sad1: I feel so badly for all of you. When my cat was sick a few months back and I thought we were going to have to put him to sleep, I cried while I rubbed on him, getting no response at all. I wanted so much to hear that sweet purr again. He finally did pull through, but it was so sad, and I know it will be heartbreaking when his time does come. It is the best thing for our sweet pets to let them just go to sleep, but their presence is missed in our lives. I'll be thinking of you in the days ahead as you adjust to life without Spot.

Joining in!

1. (better late than never... ) I ate at Boma for breakfast, and am extremely picky, and I lovvvved it.
2. Hubby has the older version of your camera. It's awesome. I work in a camera store and I really like the XP20, very nice camera.
3. So sorry to hear about your puppers. :( It's always so hard to lose a pet, and even harder to have to be the one to make the decision.

Joining in!

1. (better late than never... ) I ate at Boma for breakfast, and am extremely picky, and I lovvvved it.
2. Hubby has the older version of your camera. It's awesome. I work in a camera store and I really like the XP20, very nice camera.
3. So sorry to hear about your puppers. :( It's always so hard to lose a pet, and even harder to have to be the one to make the decision.

:welcome: I'm excited to have another reader! Hopefully, I will be updating more often now that I am out of school and getting close or semi-close to our trip!

Ok, so I have been thinking about our ADR at Boma. I was playing around and was able to snag an 8:15 ADR for Tusker House (breakfast = yummy!) and a 6:40 ADR for Cape May Clam bake. The problem Boma and Cape May are on the same night. I'm trying to decide which one to keep....I have to cancel 2 or pay OOP.

1. Dinner at Boma
2. Breakfast at Tusker House
3. Dinner at Cape May

DH likes the idea of Cape May because it has crab legs :cloud9: and we both (and Hannah) love them.

What would you do????

Ok, so I have been thinking about our ADR at Boma. I was playing around and was able to snag an 8:15 ADR for Tusker House (breakfast = yummy!) and a 6:40 ADR for Cape May Clam bake. The problem Boma and Cape May are on the same night. I'm trying to decide which one to keep....I have to cancel 2 or pay OOP.

1. Dinner at Boma
2. Breakfast at Tusker House
3. Dinner at Cape May

DH likes the idea of Cape May because it has crab legs :cloud9: and we both (and Hannah) love them.

What would you do????

Have you already done either or both - Tusker House and/or Cape May? We're always up for trying new things.

I'd probably go for Cape May over Boma with the kids. We did dinner at Boma, and the girls had plenty to eat, but that meal was really made more with the adults in mind. Plus, if Pops like the crab legs, it sounds like he'd be a happy man at Cape May.

Tusker House was just an okay breakfast experience for us. If I recall correctly, the characters were a little rushed. The positives I remember were getting the character pictures with their safari gear and the ham. The ham was so good! The negatives were that it was crowded, a bit loud and rushed, and it took our server forever to bring me a glass of water. I had to stop eating because I needed the water, and it took a long, long time. I actually ended up going and asking another waiter who was standing idle if I could get some water. (I know that was a one time/one particular waiter thing, but it's just a strong memory of that meal.)

That's my input, for what it is worth. :upsidedow

Have you already done either or both - Tusker House and/or Cape May? We're always up for trying new things.

We did Tusker House on the last trip and I agree new things are good.

I'd probably go for Cape May over Boma with the kids. We did dinner at Boma, and the girls had plenty to eat, but that meal was really made more with the adults in mind. Plus, if Pops like the crab legs, it sounds like he'd be a happy man at Cape May.

I'm think Cape May sound like it would work best this time around. Plus, a happy husband is always good! :upsidedow

That's my input, for what it is worth. :upsidedow

Your input was wonderful! :thumbsup2

We spend yesterday making Owen a very happy boy! We went to A Day Out with Thomas. Here are a few pictures of our adventure!

5845769631_85644c0ccd.jpg

5846632848_32a2c06b53.jpg

5846396544_aab38cb941.jpg

5845700261_a53c63a7b1.jpg

5846084031_060e95f7e6.jpg

5846648908_464658c219.jpg

5846215169_1ccfaae256.jpg

I've been working on the itinerary for our trip, so here it is in a basic form. Our first week is a little sketchy as we don't have plans really put in place...much to my dismay...I have a hard time winging it...I'm a planner! Anyway, here is the basic plan:

Friday, July 15
Arrive at MCO around 2:00 pm
Get luggage and rental car
Check into Motel 6 for the night.
Head to Downtown Disney for a little shopping
Dinner at Earl of Sandwich unless I'm talked into something different by the family...Ben mentioned Rainforest Cafe...we'll see.
Head to bed

Saturday, July 16
Check out of Motel 6
Breakfast
Drive to New Smyrna Beach
Check into house
Swim
Dinner

Sunday, July 17
Tour town and visit the beach

Monday, July 18
Ben and Chris to visit Kennedy Space Center
The rest of us with either swim in the pool or visit the beach

Tuesday, July 19
Visit Magic Kingdom...this is Chris, Miranda, and Cavin's first visit.

Wednesday, July20
Miranda and Chris to Universal Studios IoA
Ben, Janell, and kids to visit Sugar Mill Ruins and tour town

Thursday, July 21
Ben and Janell celebrate 10 years of marriage at Epcot! :love:
Lunch at Le Cellier

Friday, July 22
Relax and swim at house/visit beach

Saturday, July 23
Check out of house by 10am
Return car to MCO
Take Magical Express to CBR
Check into CBR :woohoo:
After check in we will grab lunch and either explore CBR or head to a park.

Sunday, July 24
Magic Kindom
Breakfast at Crystal Palace
Hoping to meet Rapunzel and Flynn

Monday, July 25
Epcot
Breakfast at Akershus
Dinner at Garden Grill
Hoping to meet Duffy

Tuesday, July 26
Animal Kingdom
Have breakfast ADR's at Tusker House...haven't decided to cancel or pay OOP yet???
Hannah is hoping to take her first ride on EE and Dinosaur...we'll see if she rides or chicken's out...
I want Owen to ride the train to Rafiki's.
Ben says lunch at Flame Tree BBQ is his only request.
Dinner at Cape May Clam Bake

Wednesday, July 27
DHS
Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine
Meet Phineas and Ferb and Lighting and Mater
See Disney Junior...both kids love Jake and Owen loves MMC
Hannah wants to ride ToT
See the new Star Tours

Thursday, July 28
No real plans..visit the park of our choice
Swim in the awesome pool at CBR

Friday, July 29
Take the Un-Magical Express to MCO
Fly home
The only good part of today will be picking up Daisy :dogdance: We will have missed seeing her for 2 weeks. Luckily, she will be in good hands while we are gone.

I don't think you have met Daisy, so here she is:
IMG_4109.jpg

She is our totally spoiled 12 year old beagle. She spends most of her days laying on the couch, chairs, our bed...but she does enjoy barking at the neighbors dogs when they get out. I can tell she misses her pal Spot though, they were good buddies.

Hollywood and Vine was a great breakfast. Your HS day sounds a lot like ours. I did not see the new playhouse Disney, but it got great reviews from the kids.

We have never been disappointed at Cape May either.. yummy!

Good luck with Rapunzel. I went there straight from rope drop- we were literally in front of the rope. Walking very briskly I was probably about tenth in line. Emily met me after Dumbo and we saw the first "show" with both Rapunzel and Flynn-- the 9:15. I heard that the lines were insane so first or nothing would be my advice.

I did read today in Mouseplanet Flynn is leaving this meet and greet.

Good luck with Rapunzel. I went there straight from rope drop- we were literally in front of the rope. Walking very briskly I was probably about tenth in line. Emily met me after Dumbo and we saw the first "show" with both Rapunzel and Flynn-- the 9:15. I heard that the lines were insane so first or nothing would be my advice.

Same with us - first thing or not at all. Not gonna spend a lot of time waiting in the heat for this.

Brook texted me today and said July 3rd was Flynn's last day. We are scheduled to see him on the 2nd, so hopefully that will all work out. If not, we'll live. ;) She also said Naveen was probably leaving, too, though no exact word/date on that. :sad1:

Two vacation weeks will be awesome! You've got a good mix of Disney time, relaxing time, and other things going on.

Same with us - first thing or not at all. Not gonna spend a lot of time waiting in the heat for this.

Brook texted me today and said July 3rd was Flynn's last day. We are scheduled to see him on the 2nd, so hopefully that will all work out. If not, we'll live. ;) She also said Naveen was probably leaving, too, though no exact word/date on that. :sad1:

Two vacation weeks will be awesome! You've got a good mix of Disney time, relaxing time, and other things going on.
Lots of people were in line sans the kids. Doug brought Emily to me so I was the brisk walker no kid and waiter. I called to tell him where I was in line, she rode Dumbo and then met me. I was not the only one doing it. She loved it, and the pictures did not do Rapunzel justice... she is beautiful. As for Tiana.... we walked right up to her, a stark contrast to last summer. I would guess we saw her just before ten, no one in line.

Hollywood and Vine was a great breakfast. Your HS day sounds a lot like ours. I did not see the new playhouse Disney, but it got great reviews from the kids.

Owen loves the Little Einstein's which is why I got ADR's for Hollywood and Vine....now I just hope he isn't scared of them!

We have never been disappointed at Cape May either.. yummy!

Glad to hear you enjoyed Cape May! I can't wait to try it!

I am hoping to hit it at rope drop...I haven't told Hannah about in case the line is too long. I'm not spending the whole day in line!

I'm sad to miss Flynn and possibly Naveen. :sad1: I've heard about how hot Naveen is and wanted to see for myself! :upsidedow I'm hoping the two weeks will be awesome! I may be ready to move to Florida after that! :thumbsup2

Lots of people were in line sans the kids. Doug brought Emily to me so I was the brisk walker no kid and waiter. I called to tell him where I was in line, she rode Dumbo and then met me. I was not the only one doing it. She loved it, and the pictures did not do Rapunzel justice... she is beautiful. As for Tiana.... we walked right up to her, a stark contrast to last summer. I would guess we saw her just before ten, no one in line.

It would be nice if I could talk Ben into waiting, but it will probably be me, since I know where I am going and he probably doesn't! ;) He tends to follow my lead at WDW.

Question for ya'll!

We are going to be gone for 15 days...we have access to a washer/dryer the first week at the house, so how many days should I pack for? I was thinking 8 days plus a back up outfit. Does that sound ok? We've never been gone this long....

Thanks for your help! :flower3:

Question for ya'll!

We are going to be gone for 15 days...we have access to a washer/dryer the first week at the house, so how many days should I pack for? I was thinking 8 days plus a back up outfit. Does that sound ok? We've never been gone this long....

Thanks for your help! :flower3:

Just my opinion... but we changed everyday during our trip when we took a break. I could not put them back in their hot sticky clothes, nor did I want to stay in mine (ask Anita what happened when I did not get the shower before BBB... I stunk!)
So I am not sure if that will be enough. You could always do laundry though at CBR. I think pack less and plan to do laundry.... but laundry on vacation is not something I hate to do.

Just my opinion... but we changed everyday during our trip when we took a break. I could not put them back in their hot sticky clothes, nor did I want to stay in mine (ask Anita what happened when I did not get the shower before BBB... I stunk!)
So I am not sure if that will be enough. You could always do laundry though at CBR. I think pack less and plan to do laundry.... but laundry on vacation is not something I hate to do.

Oh good point...I should have thought of that! I guess I will see if I have room in the suitcase for more clothes or I might be doing laundry at CBR. :headache: Fully admit, that doesn't sound like a fun thing to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter