Big eater

michelle1958

Earning My Ears
Going on the Dream soon and had a question concerning dinner. My DH is a big eater. Will an entree be enough for a big guy?

He will be just fine. If the it's not, they will bring another. Or just order two from the start.
It will not be a problem

They'll bring you whatever you'd like. One night they had lobster and venison. Asked if I could have both, instead of bringing on one plate they brought me two complete meals. Couldn't decide on desert on night and the server brought both.

He will not go hungry. Order everything on the menu if you want. The servers are very accommodating. Throughly enjoy yourselves. :flower3:

My DH and I like to have an opportunity to try a little of everything. On our first cruise our server told us to order multiple items to share. We took his advise. We normally order one of each appetizer to share, three entrees to share and two deserts to share.

I am a big guy, probably bigger than your husband. The portion size is pretty decent, and you can order more than one. What I found was how often I ate, I wasnt super hungry at dinner (or any other meal)

Example of my average sea day day.

8:15 Continental Breakfast delivered, have a banana and a glass of milk
9:45 Find my way up to the breakfast buffet before it closes, do so damage
12:30 ish Lunch on the pool deck, plate of chicken strips and fries or something
3ish Lunch #2, sandwich or wrap on the pool deck
6ish Drink with a show
8:15 Late dining, eat
Midnight: Wife and kids asleep, room service on the veranda. (aka Dinner #2)

As you can see, you eat often during the day (at least I do), so I was never in danger of starving. I was in danger of not fitting in my pants when I get home, where I tend to eat not much during the day and then a big dinner.

We had late dining and while getting ready for the show we would order a "all hands on deck platter" and a four cheese pizza (or two) to snack. I will also have a glass of wine.

If he's a big eater then this will be his dream come true! My DS was 15 on our cruise and ate pretty much all the time! There is food all over. You can order as many dishes as you want at every meal. Lots of little surprise food places, like Cove Cafe (no charge for pasteries), like the lounges in the evening/night (nachos, snacks), Art of Entertainment - eat the thing you watch made, Captain's Reception, room service, counter service on deck. Nope, no lack of food at all:lmao:!

It seemed to me that the style of the food depended on the size of the entree. Fish, scallops, or pasta weren't huge portions (glad for me). But if you ordered meat and potatoes, look out! That was HUGGGEEE!

It seemed to me that the style of the food depended on the size of the entree. Fish, scallops, or pasta weren't huge portions (glad for me). But if you ordered meat and potatoes, look out! That was HUGGGEEE!

I disagree with this. I am a beef/lamb girl and I didn't find the portions to be big. They were a good size for me, but I think someone with a big appetite would have wanted more.

I enjoy the dinners on the cruise. Like others have posted, you can order anything and everything you want. I do not think he will be satisfied with 1 entree. It is very easy to gain some weight on the cruises. It is not uncommon for guys to gain from 4-10 pounds while on board. Don't forget the buffet after Pirates Night!

All the food everywhere was my favorite part of cruising :)

My friends and I all ordered an app, 2 entrees and dessert each every dinner. YUM!

I disagree with this. I am a beef/lamb girl and I didn't find the portions to be big. They were a good size for me, but I think someone with a big appetite would have wanted more.

Lamb, yeah maybe order 2 if you want, because lamp chops aren't huge. But at AP, Twinkie ordered one of those Prime Rib or something dishes and we all absolutely LAUGHED OUT LOUD, absolutely laughed at how MASSIVE it was. Disagree if you like, but that dish was enormous. It definitely stuck in memory.

Do not worry he will not go hungry. They will bring as much food as he wants.

Lamb, yeah maybe order 2 if you want, because lamp chops aren't huge. But at AP, Twinkie ordered one of those Prime Rib or something dishes and we all absolutely LAUGHED OUT LOUD, absolutely laughed at how MASSIVE it was. Disagree if you like, but that dish was enormous. It definitely stuck in memory.

Yes, that dish is definitely massive. The other beef dishes, however, are smaller. Most offer a few slices of meat along with whatever side is included. The same is true of the lamb dishes, even those that were not lamb chops. It's interesting because we found the pasta and fish dishes to be much bigger. Funny how we had exact opposite experiences, huh? :)

No matter what the OP experiences, her husband will definitely be able to get more of whatever he'd like. :thumbsup2

If you want more than 1 entree, appetizer, soup, salad, whatever you should try to tell the sever when he/she takes your order. Sometimes the kitchens are real far away, and if they have to trek back it messes them up. That being said, I always order as many of each category that I want and most nights ask for the main entree that I want plus a second entree as I'd like to try it. My wife counted once & said I had the equivalent of 18 meals in a 24 hr period. No man big or small should leave dinner hungry. (As a side note, I do tend to find some main course/entree plates small, but ice cream & 2 deserts can fill the gap)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter