Big difference between 1st 2 weeks of june and last 2 weeks?

sonomom

Mouseketeer
Looking at 2016 May 21-June 4 or June 4-18 or June 18-july 2. Im sure the earlier the better but is there really a HUGE difference with weather/crowds? I know i have memorial day weekend in there which we will avoid the parks then. The last dates hit my and my daughters b-day though so was thinking that would be a good time to go due to that. Difficult decission lol

I can't think of anything that jumps out at me crowd or weather wise. Temps will be the same, hot. Chances of afternoon storms the same, decent.
You'll have SWW at the first of the month so that is something to consider if it appeals to you

Your first two selections will overlap with an annual event (June 1-6) which may cause large crowds in specific parks. Been there during that time before and wasn't a problem as long as you know which park to avoid each day.

Latter part of June is where the full crowd season begins as well as the temperature rising. But it's all good for me as long as you abuse FP and have the patience to bare the crowds.

I posted this same question regarding travel dates 5/28-6/6 or 6/2-6/12. The majority said either would be no big difference. Now if you move into even later in June (when more schools are out) you may not have the same answer. But regarding the first two everyone said no noticeable difference...and we changed our dates from the former to the latter.

The further you get into June, I imagine the more schools you have that are on summer break, thus generating larger crowds. Plus, you get that small peak of crazy attendance surrounding the 4th of July period. You may also be able to get some insight if you keep an eye on wait times in the next couple weeks, for at least a little bit of comparison...

So if this were you would you go for your 40th and DD 9th actually bdays at the end of the month, or abandon that thought and do something little for those bdays and go at the end of may/beg of june?

So if this were you would you go for your 40th and DD 9th actually bdays at the end of the month, or abandon that thought and do something little for those bdays and go at the end of may/beg of june?

Have you visited WDW before? If you're fairly experienced, I would go during your birthdays. One nice thing about FP+ is you have guaranteed ride times which during busy times is helpful -IMO. It's a great feeling to be there and celebrate a birthday -don't let the crowds bother you. Get to the Parks early -you'll accomplish everything you want.

Have you visited WDW before? If you're fairly experienced, I would go during your birthdays. One nice thing about FP+ is you have guaranteed ride times which during busy times is helpful -IMO. It's a great feeling to be there and celebrate a birthday -don't let the crowds bother you. Get to the Parks early -you'll accomplish everything you want.

Only once 5 years ago :/

Only once 5 years ago :/

Honestly -I would still go on your birthdays. I've been the end of June several times, and my daughter and her friends just got back this week from their graduation celebration ...it's very manageable if you have a realistic plan. As I mentioned get there early before the crowds and the heat. When you get into July it gets real crazy -especially working up to the 4th of July.

We just did our first trips over the 5-12 of June and we did see a difference going into the second week. It seemed like everyday the crowds would get a little more noticeable. We were there the end days of the annual convention but we followed the crowd calendar and we didn't notice all that much.

However, we never waited in line for more than 20 minutes and we did everything except Splash Mountian and Enchanted Tales. Splash shut down when we were in line to load and Enchanted Tales because my girls didn't want to. It took a little planning but it was so worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter