• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big Bang Theory

I loved it also. The best episode in a long time, since the Billy Bob Thornton one ( loved that also)

Wow wow wow
I didn't know anyone in High School who asked or bragged if they"did it" on a Monday morn?
Sounds like a plot of a bad teen movie

I wasn't even Aware of this weeks plot- it was cute ....but you didn't see the show, so I am confused about your super involvement in this thread.... It wasn't everyone in TV Land waiting to see them DO IT... Not in my opinion

I must have went to a really boring high school. LOL

I loved the episode. It's a tv show and has nothing to do with my own life. IRL, I don't practice sex outside of marriage. That didn't stop me from enjoying the show!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the episode. It's been so interesting seeing how Amy and Sheldon's relationship has grown over the years, and I'm glad that it sounds like taking the next step was handled so well.

I haven't a clue why anyone would peg Sheldon as asexual. There have been instances throughout where his character showed an interest in things of that nature, even though he had certainly shied away from certain aspects of that kind of relationship.

Sheldon did have one show about reproduction where he stated that he always thought he'd just split in two like a cell mitosis.

But while he has talked about his disdain for sex he never said he was asexual. Just because the charecter has some ASD tendencies does not mean he or anyone like that is 'innocent', permanently 'childlike' or incapable of sexual maturity.

I thought it was a great show and as some one who worked with 'Sheldon' type people in the past, I thought it was done with a lot of taste and just enough believable humor to be a positive step in the show/character progress.

Last edited:
Sheldon did have one show about reproduction where he stated that he always thought he'd just split in two like a cell mitosis.

But while he has talked about his disdain for sex he never said he was asexual. Just because the charecter has some ASD tendencies does not mean he or anyone like that is 'innocent', petmantly 'childlike' or incapable of sexual maturity.

I thought it was a great show and as some one who worked with 'Sheldon' type people in the past, I thought it was done with a lot of taste and just enough believable humor to be a positive step in the show/character progress.
Actually that was Howard's theory on how Sheldon would reproduce. Leonard thought he might be the larvae of his species and might spin a cocoon one day.

Actually that was Howard's theory on how Sheldon would reproduce. Leonard thought he might be the larvae of his species and might spin a cocoon one day.

Ohhh okay Knew I remembered one where he split. There's a clone one as well....

I have never seen Sheldon as asexual. I always saw his lack of a sexual life in relation to his status as a "genius". Sex is for reproducing, so might as well use it for such. He never saw the logic in using sex as a fun activity. Spock, for instance, only had to deal with pon farr once every seven years - something that I'm sure Sheldon learned about Vulcans when he was quite young.

In either case, I loved this episode. I was more entertained by the Wil Wheaton plot, though. Any time Wheaton is on the show, there's going to be some laughs. I LOVED that he dressed as Spock to go to the Star Wars opening night. That's something I would do! lol

Finally watched the episode last night. Loved when Penny shattered the glass when Sheldon mentioned option #3. I thought that whole episode was done tastefully, with the guys having their nerdgasms at Star Wars while Sheldon and Amy were having their own adventure. I'm interested to see how things move and what everyone's reactions will be in the next episode.

Will Wheaton was great with the Star Trek outfit and his comments of how the outcome of the move won't impact their real lives.

I finally got a chance to see it today. I did laugh quite a bit. The comparison of Sheldon's date to the movie was great.

However, it did make me a little sad too. I dunno, something about Sheldon's kind of lost innocence or something bothers me a little bit. I do agree that it was done tastefully and it was funny.

This was one of my favorite episodes of BBT EVER! I thought they played it very well and it was just the next step in Sheldon's evolution in his relationship with Amy. He has changed as a result of his relationship with her and that's a good thing! When he lost her for a bit, he realized just how important she was in his life. I think that it has been an important plot progression to see all of the characters grow up and change. They have all managed to have relationships outside of their core group and while they have all grown, they are able to be themselves with each other. It's nice. :)

I absolutely LOVED Wil Wheaton and Bob Newhart!! Bob Newhart had me literally laughing out loud. When he stuck the lightsaber through himself?? I about died. That was fantastic. And Wil's "Live long and suck it!" killed me!

JFTR

I actually don't know that I agree with calling Sheldon innocent. He's not actually innocent. Socially inept, self centered, slightly narrsisistic at times, but also occasionally kind, never malicious, loyal, friendly most of the time, literal to the nth degree and basically polite. But that doesn't make him innocent it just makes him Sheldon.

Sheldon knows that the world is not always kind, that sometimes you have to assume people are lying, that you don't always get your way, that sometimes you have to apologize even if you don't think your wrong, and that the hero doesn't always win. He may not always choose to accept things willingly, but does so when logic dictates that he must.

So not innocent, but often childlike.

JFTR

I actually don't know that I agree with calling Sheldon innocent. He's not actually innocent. Socially inept, self centered, slightly narrsisistic at times, but also occasionally kind, never malicious, loyal, friendly most of the time, literal to the nth degree and basically polite. But that doesn't make him innocent it just makes him Sheldon.

Sheldon knows that the world is not always kind, that sometimes you have to assume people are lying, that you don't always get your way, that sometimes you have to apologize even if you don't think your wrong, and that the hero doesn't always win. He may not always choose to accept things willingly, but does so when logic dictates that he must.

So not innocent, but often childlike.

I pretty much agree with the bolded. I've never seen him as innocent, either. He's just so literal and structured and OCD. He has definitely grown through the seasons, and the writers handled it well in keeping with the progression of his character.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter