Big Bang Theory

hated it! To me Sheldon is supposed to be child like and innocent. I think they are making a huge mistake

My exact thoughts.:sad2:

Stagnant, stale characters make for very boring shows, IMO.

How you got a person with autistic tendencies having to be innocent and child-like, as someone who has worked for over 15 years with lots of Sheldons I can tell you that:

1) every single person I've worked with who has been on the ASD radar has developed out of the child/immature phase, and was never any more innocent than some of his/her peers.

2) and when those individuals reached a more mature, adult level of understanding and behavior, a lot of the anxiety and stress they feel on a daily basis was easier for them to handle, and they were a whole lot happier.

I loved it. I PVR'd it so that I can watch it again.
tigercat

Finally watched it (I've been avoiding this thread!!). Best episode in awhile. Very well done. I was concerned how they were going to handle it but they did it very well. I agree with someone else upthread--Mayim Balik deserves something for this role. She's great.

Loved it. The reality is Amy and Sheldon's relationship has taken a natural progression, just stretched out a lot longer. Both Amy and Sheldon have grown a lot emotionally since they met.

As for those who think they made a huge mistake, you are in the vast minority.

I thought the episode was very well done!! Bob Newhart was great!! As usual, all the characters were hilarious!

LOVED it... It was handled wonderfully, both Sheldon and Amy stayed true to their characters, and the whole thing so sweet, I cracked up when he said about doing it on her birthday next year!!!:rotfl: Hilarious!!!!:rotfl2:. Going back and forth with the Star Wars segments was really fun, It's just a movie... NO... Its not...:darth::chewy: may the force be with you!!!

Loved it!! - right from the Star Wars intro!! I liked everything - the parallel comments of the characters, how Will Wheaton played up the SS/ST rivalry, the appearance by Bob Newhart, the way they handled the "big step"...

This one will stay in the DVR for a while.

I was worried when I heard they were going there but I agree with most of you guys who say they did it brilliantly. It was the best episode this season, which had been lacking IMO. And I love Bob Newhart!!!

Very happy with it. One of the things I like best about BBT is the relationship between Sheldon and Amy. To me, every significant step in the relationship is more exciting and sweet than it is with most characters. First kiss, first 'I love you,' first sleepover, now their first time being together. All well done, both heartwarming and funny.

I love stuff like the tent episode where you find out that Amy had multiple sets of pajamas and a toothbrush hidden around the apartment for years waiting for their first sleepover. :rotfl:

ETA: I mean, how often is it a surprising and noteworthy occasion when someone assigns their girlfriend as their In Case of Emergency contact?

Last edited:
LOVED it. Have watched twice. So glad I have DVR.

He was pretty much the only asexual character on tv.I haven't watched it for years tho.

Yes, God forbid a character remain asexual. (We're not 'stale'). We'd best judge every character by when they put out then?

There is a lot more to the development of the Sheldon character that him deciding to have sex. Also the Amy/Sheldon story line had to take it to this step in order for it to continue.

He was pretty much the only asexual character on tv.I haven't watched it for years tho.

Yes, God forbid a character remain asexual. (We're not 'stale'). We'd best judge every character by when they put out then?

I don't think they ever intended for Sheldon to identify as asexual. I don't remember any scene stating such, but I do remember lots of scenes that showed Sheldon's confusion, dislike, and aversion to physical contact. That does not define someone as asexual.

I don't think they ever intended for Sheldon to identify as asexual. I don't remember any scene stating such, but I do remember lots of scenes that showed Sheldon's confusion, dislike, and aversion to physical contact. That does not define someone as asexual.
ITA

I've never thought of Sheldon as asexual.

We enjoyed it. One question... Our dvr cut off the last scene where Bob Newhart came on for the last time. What did he say? We could watch it on demand but we don't want to have to watch it all over again. It won't fast forward.

He wanted to know what happened on the date. Sheldon talked about seeing the Star Wars movie.
tigercat

We enjoyed it. One question... Our dvr cut off the last scene where Bob Newhart came on for the last time. What did he say? We could watch it on demand but we don't want to have to watch it all over again. It won't fast forward.

Professor Proton: I was just curious. How did it go?
Sheldon: It was amazing. I saw it a few days later. What a movie.
Professor Proton: Well, what about Amy?
Sheldon: She liked it fine. But she doesn’t have the history with the franchise like I do.
Professor Proton: Good talk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter