Big Baby Carriage

solman

Earning My Ears
Will a relatively big baby carriage (Uppababy Vista) fit on the train rides at disney (especially the one in AK)?

Will I need to fold it up, or can I keep a sleeping baby in it?

Thanks!

solman said:
Will a relatively big baby carriage (Uppababy Vista) fit on the train rides at disney (especially the one in AK)?

Thanks!

You will need to fold it. I did Disney with an Uppababy Vista when DD was 4 months. You usually have to fold it on transportation, except the monorail (love the monorail for that!).

Specifically for AK, the train to Rafiki planet watch will not accommodate any stroller unfolded. Not even umbrella.

I'll say this, having the Uppa was great in the parks (comfortable for DD, huge basket) but it was a huge hassle on the busses. If I had a car, it would have been better.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Thanks!

you fold it.

Thanks!

We have an umbrella Maclaren. But I think we need a mobile command center, if we are taking a Baby to the park for the day, and that means the Vista with all its storage space.

I'll also bring the baby carrier for those occasions when we need it.

I thought there was stroller parking outside of the area where you to go take the train :confused3

I remember parking ours there and we carried dd onto the train.

I loves touring with our visita but will warn you about overloading it. Whatever you put in you have to take out whenever you fold the stroller. We adopted a one backpack rule. Everything we bring to the park fits in one backpack. If it doesn't fit it doesn't go. So far we haven't missed anything that didn't make the cut.

Can you take a stroller out to Rafiki place? I thought they weren't allowed... Help me here. Thanks!

I loves touring with our visita but will warn you about overloading it. Whatever you put in you have to take out whenever you fold the stroller. We adopted a one backpack rule. Everything we bring to the park fits in one backpack. If it doesn't fit it doesn't go. So far we haven't missed anything that didn't make the cut.

OP, if you are staying at a Disney resort you can have purchases sent back to your resort. Exception is food. Also, you cannot do this on the day before check-out or check-out day. That might help lighten the load in your stroller basket. If staying off-site, take along 1-2 of those reusable grocery tote bags that have tall handles. You can throw stuff in there quickly when it's time to fold up the stroller.

Can you take a stroller out to Rafiki place? I thought they weren't allowed... Help me here. Thanks!

You can have the stroller at Rafikia Planet Watch...you just have to fold the stroller on the train to get there unless you have a wheelchair tag for it declaring it a wheelchair.

Thanks!

We have an umbrella Maclaren. But I think we need a mobile command center, if we are taking a Baby to the park for the day, and that means the Vista with all its storage space.

I'll also bring the baby carrier for those occasions when we need it.

With each baby, my diaper bag got smaller and smaller. You really don't need a mobile command center!

With each baby, my diaper bag got smaller and smaller. You really don't need a mobile command center!

Would you take the Maclaren over the Vista?

The Vista also has a significant advantage when it is time to nap.

solman said:
Would you take the Maclaren over the Vista?

The Vista also has a significant advantage when it is time to nap.

How old is the baby, and do you have a car?

If you have a younger kid who will nap, take the Vista! :thumbsup2

I've taken my Vista on 9 Disney vacations, and it is an AWESOME stroller for Disney.

You can't beat the storage, the sun shield and the overall comfort. A comfortable baby is a happy baby.

It is difficult on buses and you can't take it on the train at rafikis or in the MK, but it is worth taking.

We truthfully skipped Rafikis until DS #1 was old enough so that we could park and leave the stroller outside of the attraction, and then just ride the train to Planet Watch and walk around. We also used to just park the stroller at the train station at the MK and just ride the full circle.

I thought there was stroller parking outside of the area where you to go take the train :confused3

I remember parking ours there and we carried dd onto the train.

This. They don't allow any strollers on the train at AK to the petting zoo, if that's the one you're talking about. You'd have to carry the baby. I've never been allowed to take my stroller on the train. So the ones that are saying you can fold it.... I don't know... I guess different CMs give different answers. But every time I've gone, you are not allowed. There is a specific parking area for strollers outside the train entrance.

AmyB2006 said:
This. They don't allow any strollers on the train at AK to the petting zoo, if that's the one you're talking about. You'd have to carry the baby.

Actually they do allow strollers on the train though they must remain folded during the ride up and down.

Actually they do allow strollers on the train though they must remain folded during the ride up and down.

Ok, again, I'm telling what MY experience has been, and I have been told by every CM that I've encountered at that train, that strollers aren't allowed. Typical though, getting different answers depending on who you talk to.

I would also suggest not leaving too much behind in your mobile command center. There is no one keeping an eye on your stuff for you. It could easily be gone when you go back for it. Only leave behind things that you can easily replace.

If you have a younger kid who will nap, take the Vista! :thumbsup2

I've taken my Vista on 9 Disney vacations, and it is an AWESOME stroller for Disney.

You can't beat the storage, the sun shield and the overall comfort. A comfortable baby is a happy baby.

It is difficult on buses and you can't take it on the train at rafikis or in the MK, but it is worth taking.

We truthfully skipped Rafikis until DS #1 was old enough so that we could park and leave the stroller outside of the attraction, and then just ride the train to Planet Watch and walk around. We also used to just park the stroller at the train station at the MK and just ride the full circle.

We can take the stroller FOLDED on the train, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter