Big Apple, Boardwalk, and Beach - Bullies and Wrap-up (The End!) (pg 44)

Uuuuuugh! Sorry, Glenn, not what we all wanted to hear! We've missed you around here!

Well thanks for that. I'll have to do some traveling as well, in my spare time. :rolleyes: I still plan on finishing this TR, so check in periodically!

Not tacky at all! Pretty darned cool, in fact!

::yes::::yes::::yes::

You leveled up your Man Card on this one!

Thanks! I don't know about Man Card, but Hubby Card at least.

LOVE them! They are such cool beasties.

I agree. They look like a cool pet, but no.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I dunno. I've said that a fair amount of times just wandering around WDW.

I believe it.

We are just here to do our job. Can't get away with much around here.

You ain't kidding.

Seriously great shot, Glenn! Very nice!

Thanks!

(BUT! Is there a Tequila Bar in there for him?)

That one went over my head. :duck:

Better than gettting a stinky anything else! I have a penchant for getting stinky bird poop on the shoulder.

Well that's true. If you're going to get something stinky from a bird...the eyeball is the way to go!

I wanted to show you a Christmas gift I gave Judy this year.

Hey, nice work! That's a neat idea.

And it arrived in plenty of time for Christmas, even though I waited too long to order it, in true "guy fashion".

Well, you do have a reputation to uphold.

I know I always start out with pictures of the komodo dragon. Maybe, just maybe, it’s because he’s the first captive critter you come to.

There's an undeniable logic to this.

After I took this next shot, I could’ve sworn I heard him say, “Wait! I blinked!”

He's winking. Judy might get jealous.

The bat room was closed unfortunately, which is not something you want to hear when you pull into a rest area on a long drive to Florida

Took me a second. Nice Dad joke.:thumbsup2

But the theming on this trail is what I like the most, even more than the animals, I think.

::yes:: Agreed! That's the main draw for me.

Flags galore!

Always a good photo opportunity!

No matter the species, I always seem to get the stinky eyeball.

o_O

As we left the Maharajah Jungle Trek I saw this fountain at which the kids have always stopped, and of course they had to visit it again. Its glass-like spray is irresistible!

It is! No one can escape its power!

Hi Glenn :)Having fun reading all about your trip. That little girl in the photopass pic is hilarious. She looks too little to be on Expedition Everest! I think I need to invest in a sun hat like the one Judy got before our next trip, although the sun is not too bad in February. The blanket us awesome!! What a great gift. Looking forward to next update. -Amanda

I went with a picture of "us": my favorite Photopass photo from this last trip.

I love this! Good choice and very thoughtful. Your sensitive side is showing.

Maybe, just maybe, it’s because he’s the first captive critter you come to.

Same. Always take a picture of this guy.

Like this archway emerging into ruins and prayer flags.

Love this shot. My goal now it to get one like it.

You may remember this next guy as the villain, “Hopper”, from “A Bug’s Life”. His star turn in Hollywood now in the past, he is retired and greeting his fans here, at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

I've never seen Hopper here before. Do you think it was rare occurrence?

No matter the species, I always seem to get the stinky eyeball.

Definitely a stinky eye.

As we left the Maharajah Jungle Trek I saw this fountain at which the kids have always stopped, and of course they had to visit it again. Its glass-like spray is irresistible!

Gotta stop here too. It just draws you in.

Yeah! I'm caught up one trip report.

Last edited:
Nice gift for Judy! I love visiting the Tigers. It took me a few trips to find them, now tgat area is a can't miss. Love the photo ops in there.

Nicely done on the Christmas gift! It looks great!

Hopper looks far less intimidating in your picture than when I see him in the Tree of Life. :rolleyes1

Hey, nice work! That's a neat idea.

Thanks Cap'n.

Well, you do have a reputation to uphold.

I sure do.

There's an undeniable logic to this.

Logic is the beginning of wisdom...not the end.

He's winking. Judy might get jealous.

Well of course she is, who could blame her?!

Took me a second. Nice Dad joke.:thumbsup2

Well, I do have a reputation to uphold. ;)

::yes:: Agreed! That's the main draw for me.

::yes::

Always a good photo opportunity!

Indeed.

Ahh, there it goes again!

It is! No one can escape its power!

Sure hope the old man got that tractor beam out of commission, or this is gonna be a real short trip.

Hi Glenn :)Having fun reading all about your trip.

Hi Amanda! :welcome: Thanks for joining in!

That little girl in the photopass pic is hilarious. She looks too little to be on Expedition Everest!

Thanks, I loved that picture!! Only wish I'd have known it was happening at the time. I agree, she does look pretty small. Apparently she made the height-test though, I guess.

I think I need to invest in a sun hat like the one Judy got before our next trip, although the sun is not too bad in February.

Well, it was a purchase of necessity at the moment, which can be the best sometimes. Yes, I see you're about to leave in a week or so -- should be a great time to visit Florida!

The blanket us awesome!! What a great gift. Looking forward to next update. -Amanda

Aw thanks! Great, I have an update about ready to go, but I'll be away this week and won't have time for replies so I think I'm going to hold off a little bit.

I love this! Good choice and very thoughtful. Your sensitive side is showing.

Thanks Vanessa! Ooo, not sure I want that!

Same. Always take a picture of this guy.

He must feel like a celebrity!

Love this shot. My goal now it to get one like it.

Thanks, I'm not sure that anyone's ever made a goal out of something I did before! :laughing:

I've never seen Hopper here before. Do you think it was rare occurrence?

I gotta be honest -- I don't even remember taking this picture! I think this was in the enclosed aviary section, so I imagine Disney put him in there...the trick might be finding him (or them).

Definitely a stinky eye.

Yeah, no doubt.

Gotta stop here too. It just draws you in.

Yep!

Yeah! I'm caught up one trip report.

It's going at a nice gentle pace, right?

:)

Nice gift for Judy! I love visiting the Tigers. It took me a few trips to find them, now tgat area is a can't miss. Love the photo ops in there.

Thanks Tammie! I know, I think we completely missed this trail the first time we visited AK. Didn't even know it was there. But it's a good one.

Nicely done on the Christmas gift! It looks great!

Judy likes it, so it was a win! So does the dog though. :rolleyes:

Hopper looks far less intimidating in your picture than when I see him in the Tree of Life. :rolleyes1

In "It's Tough To Be A Bug"? Yeah, but I like him better than the stinkbug!

Or maybe it was "Uuuuhhh, what am I looking at?" Answer ---> My plane out of DesMoines was being de-iced! Much nicer back home on the east coast!

Haven't spent that much time around the DIS lately, but I saw your thread and some updates, so no way I could pass up some Glennbo family travels.

I took a couple more pictures as we passed through Africa. I can’t say that I’ve ever been in this “Sweets” shop, and unfortunately, we didn’t stop in during this trip either. Is it even a real store?

IMG_8873_zps6mynybpx.jpg
Definitely a real "sweets" shop. Pat and I had a caramel apple from there on a previous trip that was decorated like a monkey. They even sliced it for us so we could enjoy it without so much of the sticky mess all over your face.

Construction walls blocked the shrine, which made me a little worried that it might be removed, but I’ve seen other people post pictures of it in the time since we were there.

IMG_8877_zpswfwrhwnd.jpg
Yep, definitely still there!

These couple of Yeti shadow pictures turned out pretty well, nicely focused, but could’ve been centered better.

IMG_8887_zpsfhbbxzgx.jpg

IMG_8888_zpsys7idzkd.jpg
They look pretty good to me!!! :thumbsup2

No, the honor of “best ride photo ever” goes to the little lady in the next picture. After we used our Fastpasses, we rode one more time using the Standby line. I was paired-up with a guy in a Borat t-shirt, and in front of us were a father and young daughter. I obviously couldn’t see the look on her face during the ride, but I had this picture waiting for me when I signed-onto Photopass back home:

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7413326653_zpsr3ehcc8m.jpeg

I do feel a little bad posting this, but it is just too good of a picture not to. The look on her face is just awesome!! When I saw that picture, I just howled. I love it!
Okay Wolfman............. Yes, no way you can NOT post that one, howls or not! What a fantastic expression!!! :lmao:

The bat room was closed unfortunately, which is not something you want to hear when you pull into a rest area on a long drive to Florida,
Ba dum dum!

IMG_8914_zps2fdgia3q.jpg
Looks like the locals were very interested in your clan that traveled so many miles to reach their village. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter