• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Big Apple, Boardwalk, and Beach - Bullies and Wrap-up (The End!) (pg 44)

Looks like a good mix of resort time and park time that day. Yeah, the clown is creepy, but the chairs are way more so.

I tried to get a few Tink shots too (and will again) but they are so tough. Usually tiny and blurry. But a nice challenge. As usual, you did a fantastic job on the fireworks ones and came away with some pretty good shots.

IMG_8762_zpshdyptkau.jpg

Kids these days... LOL!

All caught up and feeling the heat from your update. We usually try to get out of there around 1 or 2 before we melt but it is hard not to keep going. I like trying to find those secret staircases to get where I am going a bit easier.

I like the SM ride photos. Great how some strangers made them more exciting for you. :rotfl2: Nice Darth Vader choke on James...

How nice you caught up with Caitlin. Now I know where to look for her. ;) I have yet to go through the stand by at BTMRR.

A classic Florida rainstorm. Glad you made it inside before the bottom fell out. :umbrella:

Great Update Glenn , Jungle Cruise is a Fav of mine !!Never have and never will do Thunder Mountain, But Carol will!! The Dance Party in Tomorrowland is a HUGE hit each year although I think we will miss this year as both evenings we are at MK are Party nights !! However I think they have a Dance Party at the Party!! As for those chairs they really defy all vomnents !!!

Okay, whomever thought a creepy clown pool would be a good idea for a Disney resort was wrong. It's so creepy. I"m glad the slide was fun, but ew. And yes, those chairs are also equally as creepy. Otherwise, I love BWV. It's such a cool looking resort. That and Poly are my dream resorts. Someday!

I know. Some people have clown-phobias and such, I'm not sure that the clown face was the best idea, but it didn't bother me in all honesty. And the chairs, I'd have 'em in my house -- they'd make great conversation pieces!

Your fireworks pics are great! I can never get them to turn out right.

Thanks. These were by far the best of about 20 attempts. The others were not my best effort, but I like these.

So fun you met Caitlin! Her reports are great.

Always cool to meet someone you've gotten to know a little bit about on the Disboards. "You really do exist!" :laughing:

I didn't know BTMRR had a new interactive queue! I guess we always FP+ it so haven't seen it. We were there last August and I don't remember seeing it.

The corny jokes on Jungle Cruise are the best.

Looking forward to your AK day!

I agree, I don't think I really knew that either. Seems like I've seen discussion on other queues (Haunted Mansion, Winnie the Pooh) but I can't recall any about BTMRR, but I think it was probably the best of the ones I've experienced.

This post reminds me why I never want to stay at the boardwalk. Thanks for the nightmares. LOL

Oh, just wait until I get to the part where I came down for the specific purpose of getting a nighttime shot of the clown slide.

Love relaxing at the resort during the hot and sweaty visits. It's a nice break. Clowns have really scared me until I see pictures of those chairs (shudder).

I like the pools too, I guess that's part of the reason why I kind of like going to WDW during summer. I like the chairs, their creepiness is part of their charm!

I'm not a big fan of Space Mountain anymore I would have been with Judy. It shakes and rattles me too much. I do want to catch the dance party if they have it next year. We'll have some little ones that would love it. I'm a big fan of riding BTM @ night. There's just something different and better. We hit Jungle Cruise at night last year too. I don't know if it was better but it was different. Did you see the scary tiger eyes that scared Danielle when she was 3? Kept off that ride for a trip or two.

Yeah, too much jostling on Space Mountain (and Exp. Everest and RnRC) for Judy at this point. We didn't stay long to watch the dance party but it sure looked like everyone was having fun.

Oh wow, I don't remember any tiger eyes. Sounds like they made an impression with Danielle though! :rotfl:

Beautiful fireworks pictures. I think Wishes is my favorite night time show. I'm looking forward to seeing the Star Wars fireworks next year. It's great you found Caitlin. I din't realize either they had to work so late. I sure hope she didn't have an early shift the next day.

Looking forward to more.

Yes, it'll be interesting to see fireworks with the Chinese Theater as the focal point instead of the hat. Yeah, it sounded like a long day for her; I can't remember if she said anything about the next day.

All caught up and feeling the heat from your update. We usually try to get out of there around 1 or 2 before we melt but it is hard not to keep going.

We intend for 1 or 2, but it's always later than that. It's so hard to stop.

I like trying to find those secret staircases to get where I am going a bit easier.

That's part of the fun of trying to resorts, finding the best way to get around.

I like the SM ride photos. Great how some strangers made them more exciting for you. :rotfl2: Nice Darth Vader choke on James...

I wish I could say I was acting. ;)

How nice you caught up with Caitlin. Now I know where to look for her. ;) I have yet to go through the stand by at BTMRR.

Yeah, it was fun to meet her, especially as a cast member. I don't think she's there anymore, I think she's had a couple of assignments since then.

I said in a reply above that I think that BTMRR interactive queue is my favorite, and being at night helped. I don't think I even knew it was an interactive queue!

A classic Florida rainstorm. Glad you made it inside before the bottom fell out. :umbrella:

It was a gully washer!!

Great Update Glenn , Jungle Cruise is a Fav of mine !!Never have and never will do Thunder Mountain, But Carol will!! The Dance Party in Tomorrowland is a HUGE hit each year although I think we will miss this year as both evenings we are at MK are Party nights !! However I think they have a Dance Party at the Party!! As for those chairs they really defy all vomnents !!!

I think they have some dancing at those parties. I'm sure you could teach those Incredibles folks a new move or two!!

Yay, way to work in our new word!

Oops, I almost missed this one Liesa!

Looks like a good mix of resort time and park time that day. Yeah, the clown is creepy, but the chairs are way more so.

Yep, i think we did a good job of mixing it up. Got hot, cooled off, get in before the rain, fueled up, and back out again. I kinda like the chairs!!

I tried to get a few Tink shots too (and will again) but they are so tough. Usually tiny and blurry. But a nice challenge. As usual, you did a fantastic job on the fireworks ones and came away with some pretty good shots.

Tink turns out as just a speck in the photo. Even now when I came into the report I was thinking that one of the pictures wasn't loading right!! :lmao:

Thanks. I like these two pictures, but all of the others were just "meh". But that's why you take a bunch, right?

Kids these days... LOL!

I know! I never rubbed it in his face, all of those years that I beat him at everything. :rolleyes:

We rested for a little bit, and then everyone except James (who continued to rest), went down to the main pool, called “Luna Park Pool” (but better known as the Creepy Clown Pool).

I didn't know it had a name besides "Creepy Clown Pool".

A little further to the right is the Clown Slide.

Gah!

Despite the slide’s creepiness, we gave it a try.

Looks like everyone got vomited out ok.

He beat me by 1 point, but in my defense, I was taking pictures while playing, which is less than optimal.

And the sun was in your eyes.

Here’s the Secret Stairway! It’s at the far end of the resort, the end closest to Hollywood Studios.

Does it lead to a gift shop?

She and her mother have written several trip reports that I’ve followed, and she was now in the college program, working at the Confectionery on Main Street. We got to the Magic Kingdom a little before 8 o’clock and soon found Caitlin.

Cool DIS Meet!:thumbsup2

She was surprised at how big my kids were, especially James. That’s the thing about trip reports -- the pictures stay the same on the DIS, but the kids just keep on growing.

Amazing how that works.

We learned that she’d have to work until 3am that night even though the park closed at 1, due to stragglers in the park. I didn’t realize that cast members in the shops had to put in those kinds of hours.

Holy cow. They really let the stragglers stay that long? I guess as long as they're spending money...:faint:

Lauren got to ride with this guy.

Um...yay?

The ol’ “Darth Vader force-choke” gag. I was happy that James was willing to participate in some ride-photo-fun.

Excellent work. That's a keeper.

I may start adding “for your convenience” at the end of all my sentences.

Great! I can provide multi-quote responses to all of them, for your convenience.

We loved the new interactive queue! My favorite was blowing stuff up, naturally.

What more could you possibly want?

As for riding Big Thunder at night, it lived up to the hype that you all have been giving it.

:woohoo::cool1::banana:

I took several with my regular camera, but this is the best one.

Nice shot!

As we came through the lobby I thought I’d get pictures of the two second-creepiest things (after the Creepy Clown Waterslide) at the Boardwalk: Paul and Todd, the nanny chairs.

I agree with @Steppesister -- the chairs are even creepier than the slide.

Sorry it took me a while to catch up! It was great meeting you and your family! I am so glad I am done with those crazy hours! Looking forward to more updates!

Electronic devices were in full operation. This was obviously not 50’s Prime Time.
:rotfl2:

The quiet pool looked very inviting.

IMG_8757_zpsnro4ski6.jpg
Yes, that one was very relaxing the time I was there. :thumbsup2 Never did make it into Community Hall but it looks pretty nice. ::yes::

James and I played a little air hockey.
Wow, nice table! :woohoo:

By early evening we were fed, somewhat refreshed, and ready to head back to a cooler and hopefully less-crowded Magic Kingdom. I had messaged DISer @PrincessCaitlin on Instagram earlier in the evening, trying to arrange a meet. She and her mother have written several trip reports that I’ve followed, and she was now in the college program, working at the Confectionery on Main Street. We got to the Magic Kingdom a little before 8 o’clock and soon found Caitlin.

IMG_8769_zpsqjfeqyzf.jpg
Nice that you got to meet up, but I'm sad she isn't there anymore. I was looking forward to an excuse to check out the Confectionery when Pat and I get there in October! :guilty: But then, I guess she COULD be reassigned there again by then so I better check anyway:rolleyes1.............

While Marlene and James got to ride with this guy.

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_7399978335_zps0e4z1cge.jpeg
I've seen that guy in some of your other pictures.............might be a stalker! :scared:

Yay for me, caught up in another one! :banana::banana:

I haven't done JC at night, but I agree that BTMRR is really different and fun at night. It's always good to know when it's time to throw in the towel and get some rest, although now that I have seen the creepy clown and those even creepier chairs, I will not be able to rest tonight. :rotfl2:

I kinda like the chairs!!

They are kinda cool, but still creepy. I mean WHO would want a middle aged guy in a dress being a nanny for their kids? I don't get it.

Tink turns out as just a speck in the photo. Even now when I came into the report I was thinking that one of the pictures wasn't loading right!! :lmao:

Did you have your telephoto on?

But that's why you take a bunch, right?

They say, even for professionals, that about 1/40-50 is a keeper. So yeah, you gotta take a bunch!

I know! I never rubbed it in his face, all of those years that I beat him at everything. :rolleyes:

Then you're something very special. After they were about 7, I started rubbing it in their faces. :lmao:

Hi Glenn I know you're busy getting ready for the big day. I just wanted to wish everyone good luck and remind you to relax and have fun too.

Wait! Did I miss something?? I went back and looked, but I don't see what I thought I was looking for...

I didn't know it had a name besides "Creepy Clown Pool".

It’s true. “Luna Park Pool” was the name written on the blueprints. “Creepy Clown Pool” got added in parenthesis later, so it seems. :clown:

Sorry, but I tried to warn you with the text before the picture.

Looks like everyone got vomited out ok.

Now that you bring it up. Ba-dum-bum.

And the sun was in your eyes.

Yes, that too! And whatever that infirmity was that Rodney Dangerfield got while putting in “Caddyshack”.

Does it lead to a gift shop?

Everyone knows that one of Walt’s rules was that you should never be more than 13 steps from a purchasing opportunity.

Cool DIS Meet!:thumbsup2

Yep-er.

Amazing how that works.

I’m in some kind of Twilight Zone episode, where the kids age 5 times faster than the parents.

Holy cow. They really let the stragglers stay that long? I guess as long as they're spending money...:faint:

I was surprised too. I figured that once the park closed you were gently encouraged (ie. herded) toward the exit. I could never stay up that late to find out.

Um...yay?

Woo hoo.

Excellent work. That's a keeper.

Another great moment in Dad-History!

Great! I can provide multi-quote responses to all of them, for your convenience.

Aw, thanks!

What more could you possibly want?

I can’t think of anything.

::yes::

Nice shot!

Muchas gracias.

I agree with @Steppesister -- the chairs are even creepier than the slide.

But in a good way, right?

Sorry it took me a while to catch up! It was great meeting you and your family! I am so glad I am done with those crazy hours! Looking forward to more updates!

Hi, and :welcome: PrincessCaitlin! Thanks for taking a little time to meet us. It was cool to meet a cast member that I knew a little bit about already from all of your trip reports. Keep on enjoying Florida livin’!

Yes, that one was very relaxing the time I was there. :thumbsup2 Never did make it into Community Hall but it looks pretty nice. ::yes::

We’ll make it back to that pool later in the trip, but yeah, it was a nice one. And a pretty good Community Hall too. I think this was the only time we were in it though. Except to return the videos, of course.

Wow, nice table! :woohoo:

It was in good shape.

Nice that you got to meet up, but I'm sad she isn't there anymore. I was looking forward to an excuse to check out the Confectionery when Pat and I get there in October! :guilty: But then, I guess she COULD be reassigned there again by then so I better check anyway:rolleyes1.............

I think you better check there for her, just to be on the safe side. And you’ll probably need to buy some candy too, just to make sure she’s not working the register.

I've seen that guy in some of your other pictures.............might be a stalker! :scared:

He’s a piece of work, that guy.

Yay for me, caught up in another one! :banana::banana:

That’s a good feeling, I know.

I haven't done JC at night, but I agree that BTMRR is really different and fun at night.

I liked them both at night, but BTMRR was better – more thrill and the new interactive stuff was a lot of fun.

It's always good to know when it's time to throw in the towel and get some rest, although now that I have seen the creepy clown and those even creepier chairs, I will not be able to rest tonight. :rotfl2:

:laughing: They look like something out of Alice in Wonderland, don’t they.

They are kinda cool, but still creepy. I mean WHO would want a middle aged guy in a dress being a nanny for their kids? I don't get it.

I assumed they were just fairly unattractive, female nannies. Did I read somewhere that “Paul” and “Todd” were the artists, or something like that?

Did you have your telephoto on?

I can’t remember, at this point.

They say, even for professionals, that about 1/40-50 is a keeper. So yeah, you gotta take a bunch!

Well there you go. Glad I’m not using film anymore!

Then you're something very special. After they were about 7, I started rubbing it in their faces. :lmao:

You waited that long?! That’s some impressive restraint, right there.

Just another spot I am hi-jacking for just a moment to say I have done an update! http://www.disboards.com/threads/bl...ken-flying-family-pg-17-05-11.3409801/page-18

Cool! I’ll get there when I can.

Hi Glenn I know you're busy getting ready for the big day. I just wanted to wish everyone good luck and remind you to relax and have fun too.

Thanks Vanessa. I know you’ve lived it! It’s pretty stressful, but I’ll try to remember your advice.

Wait! Did I miss something?? I went back and looked, but I don't see what I thought I was looking for...

Not quite yet. Vanessa follows me on Instagram so has an inside scoop.

Oh my goodness! Just peeked in om Instagram. I can't believe Lauren graduated this yesr! Seems like two years ago you were feeling the "my oldest is leaving for college" angst. Now on to more big adventures for her. It is funny how the DIS leaves people kind if frozen in time, especially kids. :rotfl2:

Hi Glenn!

I have been off for a while, but now I am back and all caught up. Love the pictures from the Boardwalk as we are just a little over 3 months out. We haven't stayed there in five years due to various reasons and I can't wait to be back in the Creepy Clown Pool (with its easy walk to EPCOT and DHS).

I actually love those creepy chairs and wish there was a way to bring them home with me. We have a 120 year old Victorian home and they would fit right in.

From the comments it appears you had one graduate college. I do agree that you forget about people's children aging. Congrats! That is so exciting.

Sounds like the trip is still going well. Looking forward to reading more and isn't it about time to book the next one?

Mary Kay

I was surprised too. I figured that once the park closed you were gently encouraged (ie. herded) toward the exit. I could never stay up that late to find out.

I actually made to park closing a couple of times and while there is no hard and firm GET OUT the shops will stay open for a while after rides close. Then the shops close or at least stop letting people in. People in can of course finish their purchases.
Then after hearing about actually working hours from Caitlin and other CM's I assume it is count out the money, clean up and restock and then to make sure most if not all guests are gone from the park then they get to leave.

I assumed they were just fairly unattractive, female nannies. Did I read somewhere that “Paul” and “Todd” were the artists, or something like that?

Someone just posted posted one with KYLIE on the back. Yikes there is a 3rd one!!!!

I am not on instragram but I am thinking Lauren had a special day - Hope all went smoothly and the proud papa can relax ( and put away his checkbook now) :laughing:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter