• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big Al's Disney Dream review 11/3-11-7

Hi! It was great meeting you and your lovely wife! It is always so much fun to run into people on the ship and take a few moments to chat. So happy you liked the cruise. Monica and I were terribly spoiled by our serving team (they were working Castaway Cay at Cookies and did a lot of fetch and carry for me, which my bad hip really appreciated)!

About the chocolate chip cookies...you can order them from room service and ask for them WARM. :cool1: (You do have to ask, so don't forget.)

And I so agree about DCL being great for adult travelers. I've been on 15 now and only once traveled with the great nieces and nephew. Had a blast on that one too!

Jackie

Ya gotta watch out for those two!!! princess::hippie:

you spend a couple of weeks on a ship with them and they become life long friends!!!

Hi Big Al!

So nice to meet you & your wife in the Vista Cafe on day 1 & running into you several times around the ship.

SO happy that you ended up trying the chicken parm in Palo for brunch. That is one of my favorite meals aboard.

Wonderful report! Loved reading it & hearing what you thought in comparison to the other cruise lines - being a travel agent (and only having sailed myself on Disney-13x and NCL-1x), I enjoy reading/hearing what others think about the different lines.

Hi! It was great meeting you and your lovely wife! It is always so much fun to run into people on the ship and take a few moments to chat. So happy you liked the cruise. Monica and I were terribly spoiled by our serving team (they were working Castaway Cay at Cookies and did a lot of fetch and carry for me, which my bad hip really appreciated)!

About the chocolate chip cookies...you can order them from room service and ask for them WARM. :cool1: (You do have to ask, so don't forget.)

And I so agree about DCL being great for adult travelers. I've been on 15 now and only once traveled with the great nieces and nephew. Had a blast on that one too!

Jackie

Jackie & Monica!!!! How nice to hear from you :dance3:..glad you liked my review and thanks for the kind words :thumbsup2..I have been telling everybody how great the Dream cruise was...I'm still trying to recover form both Palo meals :laughing:...my friend from Cruise Critic, Jennifer ( she 's on here always..) went on the Magic while we were on the Dream, and she LOVED it- almost as much as the Dream, her fav..you know the Magic just had a re-fitting and apparently looks much better...maybe we can sail on another DCL cruise in the future..right now, we're looking at possibly the Fantasy in May '15 for our 20th anniversary..but it's soooo $$ for a balcony for 2 ( about $ 4 grand), but we'' see....you both have a great and magical Thanksgiving!!!

Alan

I know that I am not the first to say this an certainly won't be the last... But thanks for a great report. It was fair and very informative. ::yes::

thank you for the review. this helped a lot

I know that I am not the first to say this an certainly won't be the last... But thanks for a great report. It was fair and very informative. ::yes::

Jenjen & Rizzo- Thanks for the nice compliments...I try to be fair and call it as I see it...6 weeks later, I still miss our Dream cruise!:goodvibes

Big Al

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter