• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biergarten... Yes or No??

I'm indifferent about it. DH and I ate there during our "Adult Only" trip and DH really liked it and I thought it was o.k. Since it was just the 2 of us, we were placed with a family who acted like we were inconveniencing them by sitting there which made the meal very awkward, at least for me (nothing bothers DH). For our upcoming trip our kids suggested dining there since they have never been and DH was all for it. Hopefully if we get sat with another family (we are a family of 4 so I am guessing we will), it won't be so awkward therefore I can enjoy my meal more. As for the food, I thought it was fine.

Yes! We enjoyed it our last visit and it is a must do on our next visit. My dh loves the sausages. They have really great desserts and I enjoyed the salads. The entertainment was great - even the little kids enjoyed it.

We love it. We go pretty much every trip, always for dinner. Food is quite good (not amazing, but you won't leave hungry - there are plenty of tasty things on the buffet), the show is great. Ask to sit near the dance floor. Order beer. If you can't decide, get a sampler.

I'm a huge fan! Everything is good, but I'm obsessed with the cucumber tomato salad and try to eat my weight's worth when I'm there!:blush:

This is my fave, too. and the cheese board. The spaetzel, desserts, and beer are top notch, too.

We have eaten here many times. Only once was it awful - and then it was b/c of the wait for our ADR - at least an hour with screaming people pushing their way past the host b/c she was just NOT seating anyone...at all. It was absurd. But, man, the food just keeps bringing us back.

Good, solid, German food - just like I grew up with.

Love this place! This will be the first ADR I make for my September trip. Yes the food is a bit bland but German food is supposed to be a bit bland. My only negative comment is that it is a bit expensive.

We've been twice--both very different experiences. The first time we went my DH and girls loved it. I thought it was okay (food wise). Food wasn't delicious, but a filling meal. The band was great and my girls loved dancing on the dance floor. The atmosphere and setting inside is absolutely wonderful. The next trip was terrible. We had a reservation at the same time as we had in the past but this time the band never came out. I checked ahead of time and it was when they were supposed to play but for some reason they never did. We had a weird seating location. While it wasn't overly busy, we were seated in the top section off to a side. Our waitress stood a couple of feet from us and talked rather rudely with friends that came in to visit with her. She only checked on us when we called her over. We were seated off by ourselves so there were no other guest conversations to drown out her rude remarks made in her conversation nearby us. It really changed the feel of the place for us. It is only the second time we've had such terrible service at Disney and trust me, it was bad. The combination of the bad service, lack of entertainment we hoped to have, and the good but not memorable food, leaves this place off the list for us for a while. That said, I realize places will have off nights. I won't let this one night keep me from going back--just not soon. I certainly think it's worth trying, and you'll most likely have a good experience.

I am the dissenter...I vote no. Been there 4 times or so and it is not my fave. While the atmosphere is nice...if you catch the little show, that's nice, the buffet doesn't hold much that interests me (and I am German...but my mom's sauerbraten can't be beat).

We ate there on our October trip. It was a really fun atmosphere with the show, we ate on our first day so was a great way to start the vacation. Would I eat there every time? No, for sure not. It was definitely a restaurant to put on our radar, we had a good time and the e food was pretty good. My husband who has celiac's disease and has issues with gluten found it easy to find lots of selections there.

I always enjoy Biergarten. The food is good but not spectacular but there are a lot of choices so I can't imagine anyone would have trouble finding something they like. The atmosphere is fun and you get a dinner show with your meal.

You also get the added bonus of being sat with other parties, unless you are large enough to be at your own table or it is extremely slow, and meeting new people is always fun.

Last I read, shows are at: 1:15, 2:15, 3:15, 4:45, 5:55, 7:00 and 8:05

Thank you for the info, I changed out our 12:30pm reservation for a 1pm reservation. The show is the biggest part as to why my kids want to eat at this restaurant.

Okay need input, we have not tried Biergarten restaurant in the past, but always were interested in trying it... I need suggestions for our next visit...on yes or no and please let me know why you feel yes or no...

Thank you

It's one of our must-dos. Mostly for the atmosphere ( Super fun, whether or not if you have kids, there's a band and a dance floor ). Food is okay. Next trip we'll have a vegetarian in the group, so that will be interesting. My understanding is they will accomodate vegetarians so there is nothing to worry about, but there is a lot of meat on the buffet.

I go every trip-love it. The food is good and I love the atmosphere. I usually don't have room for dessert but tried the cheesecake last time and went back for seconds-yum. Each time I have enjoyed meeting new people at the family-style tables. You should try it.

We would not go back, even if the food was free. Golden Coral level of food, yuck. Show was cute.

I vote yes as well. It's a favorite of ours and we try to plan a meal there each trip. Great food and entertainment. This is the only buffet I've ever eaten at where I enjoyed everything that I tried. All three of the adults in our party last trip agreed it was our best meal that trip.

We will be dining there for the first time this March. Hubby loves German food. I'm not too keen on it because it tends to be heavy food. The cucumber salad sounds wonderful!

Our ADR is at 6:45, which should work perfectly for the 7:00 show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter