Biergarten: Yea or Nay???

Did you like Biergarten? Should we give it a try?

• Yes

• No

• Neither good nor bad

Results are only viewable after voting.

PrincessTigerLily

DIS Veteran
Planning dining for next trip...We are toying with the idea of trying Biergarten in Germany. Despite my husband's German last name, I wouldn't call him the biggest fan of German fare. Is it German food most people would like? Is there a kid's buffet like at most other Disney eateries? Share your thoughts and vote please!

Biergarten is a must do for us on every trip. In fact if we can fit it in more than once, we do. My DS9 still won't eat the craut, but then he doesn't eat it when I make it at home.
In fact we are so looking forward to eating there on on next trip, that we went to a German restaurant in our area. Only 305 days until we get to eat some of that Apple Strudel, not that I'm counting or anything.:lmao:

My wife and I love the Biergarten. They have good food, good entertainment, and a fun atmosphere. We visit the Biergarten each trip.

This is a fantastic restaurant. We have taken good eaters, picky eaters and all have loved it. Excellent variety of food, wonderful flavors, nice atmosphere, excellent service and a great show.

This was probably one of our most enjoyable, fun and interesting meals of our last trip. The kids were 5 and 8 at the time, none of us were particularly familiar with German food and we all found plenty of food to eat. The food was tasty and a bit different, the atmosphere was fun and the service was great!

I voted "no". Despite Biergarten's rather... pathetic... German food, it is a fun restaurant. While the band is playing, the kids can go down to the main floor and dance.

Now on to your questions...

Is it German food most people would like?
I think that most people would find the Biergarten food to be good, but I come from a big German family with great cooks and I know how German food is supposed to taste! Biergarten has only the very standard and well-known German food, and most of it is cold or tough.

Is there a kid's buffet like at most other Disney eateries?
Yes, there is a kids buffet serving American food like macaroni and cheese and hot dogs (I think... :confused:)

This is just my opinion... I've never been to Biergarten during dinner, only lunch, so I cannot judge dinner. :)

Love this restaurant. Been there twice. DH was a little disappointed last time but the rest of our party loved it! There's a wide variety that should please anyone for dinner. The entertainment is wonderful as well as the atmosphere.

Let us know how you like it!

We went to Biergarten for the first time 2 years ago
Now it is a must do each trip.
:thumbsup2

I voted yes.

This is a must for us because the kid's love the live music.

This is one of the most unique restaurant's in the WS. They do stick to just the classic German food but my Italian husband had no problem with the roasted pork. I don't think there is a buffet in WDW that doesn't have the children's buffet.

We love this place! The food is awesome the music is great, the atmosphere is fantastic. My fav is the apple strudel drowned in that yummy vanilla sauce...ooohhh I want some now!

I think that most people would find the Biergarten food to be good, but I come from a big German family with great cooks and I know how German food is supposed to taste! Biergarten has only the very standard and well-known German food, and most of it is cold or tough.

I think that was the OP's question. If the food "Americanized" or true authentic German food. It does have German food but I'm not a big fan of that and I love this place. The desserts are really good (the Bavarian cheesecake is devine!)

Funny story - we are the only family to have a sauerkraut test before we could eat here. Our granddaughter doesn't like the smell of sauerkraut so she had to walk in first and then determined that she couldn't smell it so we could eat there. She was five.

I loved this place!! I am normally a picky eater and I do NOT eat sausages:sick:
I found plenty to eat. Loved the salads, my favorite was the shnitzel, cheesecake was yummy. The beer flight was also delicious!! We loved our waitress and also the band and atmosphere.

I have to say it was a little weird sitting next to strangers. I get really shy and it seemed like we all felt pressured to converse. But we got used to it after a while.

We have an ADR for this place in April. I'm so excited. I think I may eat my weight in sauerkraut!

Biergarten and Boma's are the only buffets we will eat at.

There is a great variety of food and anyone can find foods that they will enjoy. Plus the beer flight or big ole' mug o' beer. YUM!

We did like the food and atmosphere. Did not like sitting with strangers! It was very awkward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter