• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biergarten-what you love/don't love

lanasboys

Mouseketeer
Can anybody give me some opinions on the food here? I've settled on it because we want a World Showcase restaurant and don't want to fight for Le Cellier ressies, and my DS13 is a bottomless pit. He never gets full so I thought a buffet would be the way to go. What's good here? What's not good?

The Biergarten is one of my favorite restaurants in WDW. The food is always good (hot food hot and cold food cold is EXTREMELY important to me). It is a fun atmosphere with excellent entertainment. We've always had wonderful service and have never needed to ask for refills.

Pork schnitzel, sauerbraten, red cabbage, potato dumplings, german potato salad and all of the desserts are wonderful. These are just a few of my favorite items.

The only item I don't like is the herring. It's just too fishy for me.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

The Biergarten is one of my favorite restaurants in WDW. The food is always good (hot food hot and cold food cold is EXTREMELY important to me). It is a fun atmosphere with excellent entertainment. We've always had wonderful service and have never needed to ask for refills.

Pork schnitzel, sauerbraten, red cabbage, potato dumplings, german potato salad and all of the desserts are wonderful. These are just a few of my favorite items.

The only item I don't like is the herring. It's just too fishy for me.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Thanks. I hope so too. It looks good, and definitely hearty enough to fill up my human garbage disposal:lmao:

I agree - the food here is always good. I have 3 picky dd's and they always manage to find enough food choices to keep them all happy! The pretzel rolls are really good.

I love the food, the music, the atmosphere, the cool dark room after being in the hot sun. What I don't particularly like is the possibility of being seated next to another family at the same table, even if you have an ADR, depending on your party's size. But that one factor isn't enough to make us not enjoy this place.

Biergarten has become a must-do for our family. We love all the food choices and the atmosphere is just fun. My grandkids even get out on the dance floor during the shows. I would recommend this place highly. Now I'm hungry!:)

I love the Biergarten! It's a must do for me every trip.

Unlike a pp, I actually enjoy sitting next to another family/group. I've met some of the neatest people this way. It's a new experience, and so long as you're open to it, it can be alot of fun. Be friendly, say hi, you never know who you'll meet!

we love this place for the entertainment, good food and pretzel bread yummy!!! we have only been there once and will for sure go back-- just could not fit it in our schedule this year

Love it!!! It is one of the few restaurants in WDW that my girls (7,6,3) beg to go back to..lol (They always say we want Germany, Japan and Kona cafe) :)

How crowded does the Biergarten generally get in June? Does anybody know if a short notice (same day or day before) ADR would be possible, most likely for lunch? Or is this place typically booked to the rafters? It sounds like good fun!

My sister and I went in April. She's of German blood and so it was a must. We totally loved it.

Looking to go back in December!

Love: pretty much everything

Don't love: nothing I don't not love at home (don't eat cabbage or saurkraut, but that's not their fault - it could be fabulous, how would I know? ha)

The atmosphere is fantastic, the band is very entertaining, and the food is always good. One of our favorite places on property by far; the complete package.

Everything I like elsewhere, I love here. The big surprise was the cold sausages, they were terrific. And the pretzel bread and potato and leek soup go together so well. Oh yeah, and then there's the beer.:love:

The German Cheesecake!!! It is fantastic. Love the pretzel rolls too and pretty much everything else, including the German wines. Our whole family loves Biergarten. I don't think I have ever seen my picky 3 year old eat so much at any meal in her life. If you ask her what her favorite restaurant at WDW is (she has been twice), she will tell you two places: 1) the castle and 2) that place in Epcot that doesn't have the Princesses with the band and the dance floor and the good food (translation= Biergarten!).

What kind of tables are they that you might sit together with other people? Are they just big, long tables?

They are long tables. When we went we had one end of the table and another family was on the other half. I think we said "Hi" but after that they kept to themselves and so did we. It was not awkward or uncomfortable at all. You don't HAVE to socialize with strangers if you don't want to.

My DH and I got the giant beers...I don't remember much about the food!:rotfl: I guess it was good...

We had a great time!:upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter