Biergarten walk up

Belle4mygrl

DIS Veteran
My DH made reservations for us girls at the Tea Party @ GF. He and son want to eat at Biergarten. The only reservation available was much later for lunch than he wants.

Has anyone walked up and got right in as soon as they opened? I think he said 11am.

TIA

Your DH has selected one of our favorites. We eat at the Biergarten every visit. Always have ADR, there's always someone trying to do a walk-up and in 6 years all we ever hear is "I'm sorry we are fully booked" You might want to keep trying. Lots of people cancel or change times. Something may turn up. If you're staying on site and call from the hotel as soon as you arrive that may help. Just keep trying, usually something turns up.

Yes, we've gone many times at opening and had a short wait. That one is definitely possible to do.

I also think that since it is just the 2 of them it would not be too difficult to get seated. They will easily be accomotated at a table with 2 spots remaining. GOOD LUCK!

We got in for dinner in late July. The show was over though and we had to wait about 40 minutes but it wasn't too bad.

My friend and I (the girls weren't in the mood for German buffet) walked up to Biergarten in April and were seated within 15 minutes, and that was at peak dinner time.

We were seated with a very nice family from Nebraska, and it was a nice experience and great food.

Thanks.

Dh says he will keep calling and if no res. is available he will try the walk up. He and DS are the only ones who really like the food. I can eat it but it just seems like it is too much meat (for me). That's why they like it.

In September we went to two different places earlier than our ADRs and we were seated but they were turning away walk ups. So you might have your DH make an ADR and hope for an earlier seating.

Rubyprincess:

Walk-ups for the Biergarten are definitely possible, especially early. We've done it each of our last 4 trips. Twice we were a party of 4, once a party of 6, and once a party of 2.

I went for lunch in the middle of June & the place was almost empty. Our party of 6 didn't have ADRs & we were seated right away.

I can always do a walk in for lunch no problem. That is in May.

I've done walk-ups at Biergarten at night-time and gotten in pretty quickly. I think it's pretty easy to do considering the size of the restaurant and the way it's set up; it's definitely not Le Cellier.

We had a 30 minute wait WITH an ADR....No walkups being taken.

We've seen this many times. I think that they always book more ADRs than they should.

Back in the nineties, there used to be a special ADR (PS) phone number for AP holders (or perhaps AMEX?). You could often walk up and be told there was nothing available. I'd say thank you and then go make the call. When I got back to the podium, I'd tell them my ADR time. Usually, they would say it's not there. I'd then ask them to refresh their reservations list. I'd get crazy looks, but, they'd comply. And there would be our reservation. We always got great service when we used this trick. Too bad we were only able to use it on three or four trips.

thank you all for the replies. DH is tickled pink hearing the possibilities of a walk up. He says if he can't he won't be too upset. There are many places to eat. Plus, we will have CS credits to use up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter