Biergarten seating question

CraftyMommy

Mouseketeer
I wish I had payed more attention to all the table layouts when we were at Biergarten. Are there smaller tables available if you don't want to sit with a family of strangers, or is it possible for a family of 4 get a table by ourselves? We went last December and tried this restaurant for the first time. We really enjoyed the food since we both have German heritages and we enjoyed the atmosphere of the place. What really turned us off and made DH say Never again!" was the people we were seated with. The 4 of us were seated at the far end of the table against the railing. The other family was sitting on the outside half of the table. When we wanted to get up to get our food we had to ask the family of strangers to let us out. There was no room to walk behind them because their backs were up against the people sitting at the tables on both sides of us. Each time one of us would ask to be let out we would get sighs and mumbling under their breath about us intruding on their dinner. We felt very uncomfortable and when my son wanted to go get desert we had had enough and told him to skip desert and we would just get him something after we left. It was the most awkward dinner I've ever had anywhere.

DH will only agree to go back again if we can be assured that we will not be sitting with strangers. Is there any chance of that happening?

Not that I know of. Every time we've been there, we've been seated with another group. Personally, I'm not the type that likes to sit with strangers. I'm shy, so I get that:) I'm thinking you might want to try something else this time around. Perhaps, Chefs or Via Napoli:) Both good places without the family style seating.

That's awful. I understand you have to sit with strangers there, but I would think the tables would be arranged in such a way so each guest could have easy access to the buffet line. My boyfriend and I have only eaten there once. We ,as a party of 2, of course were seated with others but we had no problem getting to the food. Wish I had an answer for you. I guess you just need to make sure you have access to the buffet before you accept your seating assignment if they won't give you your own table.

Dined there last year and agree that it was most awkward. We were a party of 3 including a 7 year old and were seated with a middle aged man dining solo and another couple without children. The food is good, the music and dancing fun and DH loved the beer, but we have taken it off the agenda for our trip later this month.

DH will only agree to go back again if we can be assured that we will not be sitting with strangers. Is there any chance of that happening?

I'm afraid not. Couldn't you just take the end of the table for your family? Would that help?

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I've had nothing but nice, happy table mates when I've dined at Biergarten. I can see how getting stuck with grumpy gusses would make it not so pleasant.

This is the only reason why we don't eat at Biergarten - no interest in sitting with others.

There's no guarantee for your own table so if that's a dealbreaker, I'd skip it.

That was a horrible experience you had! I was a little worried about the seating as well, but we ended up alone last week. DH was disappointed turns out. They called our party of 4 then called the other party twice and when they didn't appear they just sat us. I figured they would bring another party in soon, but they never did. I will say the table behind us, DH had a view of, and he said he was glad we weren't with them.

I'm afraid not. Couldn't you just take the end of the table for your family? Would that help?

That would solve the problem for me as I don't mind getting up to let others out. But DH still has a problem with it. He doesn't want to be forced to eat with strangers at all. He has a stressful job where he deals with idiots on a daily basis. When on vacation he wants to be with his family and not have to eat with strangers. I see his point but at times it can get irritating.

That would solve the problem for me as I don't mind getting up to let others out. But DH still has a problem with it. He doesn't want to be forced to eat with strangers at all. He has a stressful job where he deals with idiots on a daily basis. When on vacation he wants to be with his family and not have to eat with strangers. I see his point but at times it can get irritating.

I can see his point too, but many Disney restaurants have tables so close together that you may as well be eating with your neighbors! Can he really not take one for the family, and eat at Biergarten again? You can give him the very end chair, and surround him by family, so he doesn't have to make small chat with anyone else. He could even fake laryngitis.

One trip only we sat alone with four of us. I think because it was not busy at all and maybe they picked our family because my son is disabled. We did sit at a table that may have been considered less desirable for the show view. All other trips we were at full tables whether it was a two or three groups, no seat left empty. We have had trips where we interacted with them, and trips where we did not.

I've rarely heard of anyone being seated alone. At our last trip there were many empty tables but when our table mates asked for their own table (and obviously there were plenty available) they told them no. I don't think they had the staff for those other tables. In the end we had much in common and I think she enjoyed herself.

We have always been given the end at the rail and never had space issues. Maybe you got a bad table or one that had not been put back at the right location after cleaning. I understand the family style isn't for many - me included - but I like Biergarten so take my chances there. But traditionally - I won't eat at communal dining. For your DH, I would skip it, so many other good places to go for you to enjoy alone.

That was an awful experience ..Unfortunately they will NOT seat you by yourselves.I have seen many people ask, and they are generally all told no.We have eaten there many times and have never had an issue with our tablemates..we have defintiely lucked out !

My DH and I completely agree with your DH. We will never eat at Biergarten again. For starters, I didn't think the food was very good. :confused3 Add in the communal seating, and we will never, ever be back. We had NO idea about the seating arrangements until we checked in for dinner and the hostess told us. We were at Epcot on a busy night and we knew we would have an uphill battle trying to find another place to eat at so we decided to stay and deal with it. We were there with our then 5 year old DD and had to sit with an older couple who were there without children and had obviously had quite a bit to drink. They were obviously uncomfortable around children. It was very awkward. My DD was there celebrating her birthday but she felt so awkward around the other people at the table that she didn't want to take part in any of the festivities and hardly spoke at all, which is the opposite of her personality. There are SO many wonderful restaurants at Epcot, that I think you guys could very easily find another great place to eat at so you don't have to worry about eating with strangers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter