• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biergarten Seated on time?

hroyale

Mouseketeer
Hi, We stopped booking the Biergarten in EPCOT after two very long waits to be seated. I think we may have been late one of those times so I chalked that up to our fault, but we were early the next time and still had to wait an hour.

We're traveling with my in-laws in Jan and they requested the Biergarten. However my FIL has to eat on a very strict schedule for his medication. What have the recent experiences been? Should I book a time an hour before he needs to eat or have things improved? We'll be a party of 6, 4 adults and 2 children.

Thanks,
Heather

1) If doing dinner, book 1/2-3/4 hrs earlier than his mandatory eat time.
2) With the entertainment, people tend to linger.

It's not just you, we were just there last week and waited 40 minutes past our ADR time, when we were there 15 minutes early. I wasn't pleased with that, but the food was great, just like Grandma used to make.

I have always been seated on time.

That said, ANY restaurant could be running late for some reason. I would always take this into account and have your FIL carry something with him that can be (hopefully) used just in case.

We have never been seated beyond 20 minutes over our ADR time, and we've eaten there quite a bit. :goodvibes

It was the longest I have ever waited at WDW. We waited 30 minutes to get to the podium to check in and then 45 minutes after that to be seated. It was a very crowded Saturday night during Food & Wine, but still. 30 minutes in line to reach the CM to check in.
Wow

We (4 of us) waited about 25 minutes to be seated at a time the park was pretty empty: 5pm ADR, last Tuesday in August. The park was at a 2 level IIRC (per Touring Plans)!

And, the waiter was nice but horribly slow.

It took hours to eat - and it's a buffet.

We had reservations this past Christmas Eve for the Candlelight Processional lunch package. Total wait time-checking and seating about 15 mins

We have been there about 6 times and we haven't waited longer than 10 minutes. Still, we tend to book early dinners. That probably makes us among the first in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter