Biergarten: lunch or dinner?

Sammy

DIS Veteran
Looking to book an ADR for Biergarten, but wondering if we should do lunch or dinner. It looks like there's a few additional items on the dinner buffet, but not sure it's enough to warrant the extra $$. I also heard that the ambience for dinner is different....as if you are dining outside at night? If we do decide to do lunch, what time do the shows start?

This is our first time dining at Biergarten, so any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Sammy

it is a good bit more $$ for dinner and you don't get that much more. We went at lunch and there were still a carving station so I didn't feel cheated. We loved going for lunch. You are seated at an indoor restaurant and it appears to be a night sky overhead so the room is exactly the same at lunch v dinner. I would pick a lateish lunch so that you aren't rushing to get to World Showcase if you are spending the morning at Future World.

Remember that you will be seated with another family unless your party is 8 people. Sitting with other people is customary for real Beigartens in Germany. After traveling thru Germany I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks for the info....you've confirmed that dinner probably isn't worth the extra $$ for most of the same stuff. We were leaning towards big meals for lunches anyway, so it fits nicely. Any idea when the entertainment starts in the afternoon? I thought I heard they didn't have any shows until mid-afternoon.....?

The one thing I really miss about eating there for lunch and not for dinner is the saurbraten. That is my favorite German dish and it is only served at dinner. So if you don't mind not having that, lunch is very good. We just ate there for lunch 2 weeks ago and it was all great. DH who refuses to go to any buffets, eats here on every trip too. Also we had PS for 2pm but were in the area at 1pm and they were able to take us early, and the show started shortly after we were seated, I'm not sure if it was the first or 2nd show. And as stated above the ambience is the same for lunch and dinner so you don't miss out on anything that way.

The schedule can change, but I checked frequently and it appears that the first show didn't start till 1:15pm. We had 12:45pm ressies and waited a few minutes before being seated. We had time to make a plate and place drink orders before the first show started.

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/EPCOT.htm
Experience the excitement of Oktoberfest with a festive dinner show in the Biergarten.
Daily at 1:15, 2:15, 3:15, 4:45, 5:55, 7:00 & 8:05pm
Length of show: 25 minutes
Seating based on restaurant availabilty.

We were at the Biergarten on Mardi Gras Day and had a great time! We did notice that the place cleared out right after the show.
20100216_Disney_01.JPG

We will be eating there is 6 weeks and cannot wait!!! When on the dining plan we usually go for dinner (I love the saubraten) BUt when not on the dining plan we go for Lunch , not much difference in the food, ONLY the price!!! My boys love to watch the band play the bells. Have fun!!!

I try to get a late lunch because the buffet doesn't change enough for me to justify the cost increase.

We paid OOP for lunch at the Biergarten back in November and loved it. Didn't feel at all as though we were missing anything by having lunch rather than dinner. Being seated with other people didn't bother us at all, we had some very nice tablemates. :)

We've done both lunch and dinner at Biergarten and both are equally good as far as the food is concerned. This is absoluately one of our favorite restaurants every time we're in the World. I personally enjoy dinner here a little more just because it feels more festive. Definitely make your ressie for a time after the shows begin which I think is after 1:15 as a previous poster already said. Love this place!

Unless your on the dining plan, I would stick with lunch. Like previous poster, we don't the higher price of dinner it's worth it. Basically the only thing you will miss is the saurbraten.

We went for lunch and were so glad that we did!!! There was still a ton of stuff on the buffet to eat!! I tried a little bit of everything but pretty much gorged myself on the potato leek soup/pretzel rolls and the desserts soo yummy. we had a 1:00pm ADR and were able to get in and get a plate right before the band started at 1:15.

Thanks for all the info guys. I was able to book a 12:45 ADR, so that should give us some time to get settled and grab some food before the first show starts. I can't wait!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter