Biergarten Info Needed, Please

TinkOhio

DIS Veteran
We will be at WDW ofer the Easter break and are considering a dinner at Biergarten. Our party consists of DD9, DS16, DS16's best friend, DH and myself. The boys(16) are taking German in school, so I thought that this would be a fun idea. Can anyone share their Biergarten experiences and pics with us? Do you think there is enough mild food for the kids to choose from?

TIA for any help!:)

The Biergarten is one of my picky 16 yo dd's favorite restaurants. There's plenty of choices and she gets a kick out of practicing her German with the servers. DD is very fond of the roast chicken, mac & cheese, and the spatzle.

I love it because I used to live in Germany and I can have schnitzel, wurst salat, and German beer. :thumbsup2

Be aware that you do share a table with other guests. My dd is very chatty and likes talking with new people but if your kids are shy, it may be an issue. We were with a wonderful older couple a few visits ago and last year, we were seated with a family that lives about 30 miles from us. It can be a lot of fun!

Biergarten is one of my favorite restaurants. The only problem I have is that we're only a party of two so we always get seated with other people. It's 8 people to a table whether you're with each other or not. Other than that, the food is wonderful. There's something for everyone on that buffet.

Biergarten may be my favorite restaurant on property, there are just so many I love that it's hard to choose! It's a really fun experience, the different food combined with the show element makes for a really good time. While the food is different, most of it isn't that out of the ordinary and with so many items to choose from everyone should be able to find quite a few things to their liking. :wave2:

I'll bet the german students in your party will really enjoy speaking a little german with the wait staff. The whole group will enjoy the atmosphere, it's really fun. Food is good, too.

Everything about the BierGarten is perfect. The food is very authentic German, there is no Americanized influence at all. The selection is great as well. It's not as wild as the real Oktoberfest in Germany, but I'd say it's my favorite buffet in all of WDW in overall experience.

Everything about the BierGarten is perfect. The food is very authentic German, there is no Americanized influence at all. The selection is great as well. It's not as wild as the real Oktoberfest in Germany, but I'd say it's my favorite buffet in all of WDW in overall experience.

I wouldn't go that far, but I agree with the rest of your post. :thumbsup2

We enjoyed the buffet. I heard bad reviews, so I was going in thinking this isn't going to be pretty. My dh raved that the food was just like his grandma used to make. I am from Wisconsin and I wasn't looking forward to eating sausages, brats, but I found food that I really enjoyed.

I am a shy person, but after one beer stine, I was singing along with the band. We had great table mates. We had a young couple from another country that didn't speak English, so they just sat and ate there food.

DD14 and myself really enjoy it. It is fun and the food is really good.

If you know German food, you know it is all pretty mild, so no problem there.

Think hearty comfort food.

The food is delicious, the service is great and you get the bonus of the show while you eat. You can't ask for more.

Enjoy!

Well I've never read any reviews on Biergarten, but if you don't like the food there, then it's got to be a personal thing and maybe just too used to Johnsonville Brats which are about the worst on the planet. The food in Germany is extremely authentic and no different then the best food you get in the real Oktoberfest in Germany. Everything is excellent.

Oh! They should get a kick out of Biergarten. Biergarten is pretty consistent and offers a good selection. Their meats are very good. (As is all their food.) :thumbsup2

we ate there on Sunday evening and loved it as usual.......the potato leek soup is outstanding......I mean I really love it.....they had a server slicing the pork roasts and another brisquette of another meat type......the chicken and salmon were pretty good too......adn then the finishing touches were the apple struedel and vanilla sauce......we (husband and myself) sat with three other couples and enjoyed them as well.....it was a great buffet and entertainment too.....

We ate at this restaurant a few weeks ago. We had a blast. The food was great, plenty of choices for those who are picky. We loved the family style seating. Definitely a fun place to go. I would recommend it.

Bump. I'm also wondering what the food is like for people who aren't big sausage or red meat fans. We've just made an ADR for 12/1 and although my dad and I are into all the offerings, my mum (who is a big chicken and fish lover) isn't.
Any thoughts?
Also what are the typical desserts?
TIA :goodvibes

They have roasted pork, fried pork (schnitzel) and roasted chicken as well. There's sometimes some sort of fish on it as well. There's something for everyone there. For dessert there's black forest cake, apple streusel and usually some other little tasty tidbits. I'm always so full from the regular food I rarely eat dessert.

I love German food; I'm really looking forward to our dinner at Biergarten before the Candlelight Processional. Sauerbraten and spatzel - yumm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter