Biergarten for four even if only two end up going?

Aimros

Zip a dee doo dah!
Hi all - DH & I are taking a trip with DSis and her boyfriend. They are planning on one day at Universal while DH & I will stay at WDW. On this day I'd like to book a reservation at Biergarten but I am unsure whether to book it for 4 people or 2 people as there is a chance that DSis and her boyfriend may join us if they don't stay the entire day at Universal, even though they are planning on eating lunch and dinner there. I've read in other threads that making a reservation for more people than who actually show up is not usually a big deal (i.e., making an ADR for 4 and showing up with 2). I'm wondering if this would be even more the case with the seating at Biergarten. Any thoughts? Should I book for four even if just DH & I go?

I'm in the same situation. There are four of us going but DD may have a friend coming to join us on vacation. Do I book for 4 or 5? I don't want to get stuck paying a cancellation fee on every meal if she doesn't come :crazy2:so I'm confused as to how to book now. Any suggestions would be appreciated :cloud9:pixiedust::thanks:

I'm in the same situation. There are four of us going but DD may have a friend coming to join us on vacation. Do I book for 4 or 5? I don't want to get stuck paying a cancellation fee on every meal if she doesn't come :crazy2:so I'm confused as to how to book now. Any suggestions would be appreciated :cloud9:pixiedust::thanks:

Bumping because I'm curious about the cancellation fee, too... I didn't even think of it when I originally posted, but DH asked me about it last night. Hmm....

I'm pretty sure the cancellation fee only occurs if no one shows up. Last year my brother made other plans to see friends and missed several of our meals and we were never charged for him missing the meals. We explained at the podium and the cms were more than happy to give us a 4 top instead of a table for 5

I also think you only pay the fee if nobody shows. Go ahead and book for four. If the others don't make it back, you've made someone's day when they get a pixie-dust walk-up!

Book for the maximum number of people who might be dining. It is always easier to show up with fewer people than try to add extra people at the podium. While the castmembers will try their best, there is always the chance that anyone not on the reservation will not be seated and will have to go elsewhere to eat. As long as at least one person shows up for the reservation, you will not be charged for the ones who do not come.

So long as at least ONE person on your reservation shows up, you do not get charged for no show...because someone did show.

For the person with 4 and a possible 5th....I'd definitely book it for 5 because that's a completely different table top and they may not be able to accommodate you. We often have to go from 3 to 4 if a friend joins us (or the rare occasion Hubby does)...and have never had problems....but if you KNOW there is a chance, I'd book for the higher number.

like a few others have posted, I've been told that you are only charged if not one single person shows up. If 1 or 2 people don't then its no big deal. You are only charged if the entire reservation is a 'no show'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter