Bicycle rentals on CC - walk up?

ohMom

Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Are the bicycles on Castaway Cay rentable as a walk-up? like the speciality people-powered boats? :listen: :listen:

right now I booked the Getaway Package - including floats, snorkeling equipment and one hour bicycle rental. If I take the disboard's advise of NOT renting floats and just using an occupied one floating by (is this a cool thing to do? :confused3 rude?) should I then just book snorkeling rental and rent a bicycle on a as-I-want to basis? last time we booked this package I never even went looking for the bikes! :teeth: :moped:

We were on the May 15th Wonder and we rented bikes last minute with no problem. There appeared to be plenty available when we walked up. We played at the beach with our kids, ate lunch then after putting the kids in the kids club, we rented them. People were beginning to return their bikes by the time we got there, maybe there are better times to rent than others, that I'm not sure about.

Have a great trip!

And by the way, good luck on your weight loss challenge!! You can do it!

I was also wondering about the bike rentals, and whether they were worth doing, or is it too hot to ridie a bike. I'll be going in November, and I am wondering whether to reserve ahead of time, or just wait and see about getting them that day at CC.

We have rented bikes twice on Castaway Cay. The first time we reserved it, and the next year when we went we just walked up and were able to rent them. It doesn't seem like they are all rented at one time.

We had so much fun riding the bikes! We were able to see a lot more of the island, and it was actually cooler with the "bike breeze"! LOL Plus we felt like we were "exercising" and were able to eat more at lunch! :rotfl:

We have rented the bikes twice. Walking up both times. No problems either time. They appear to have a large number of bikes. Also, they did not seem to be to strict about the amount of time that you had the bike. When you dropped the bike off, they never asked us for our name...they just said to park it. We then walked on our merry way to our next adventure.

thank you all for clarifying

dislvr75 -- thank you so much for your encouragment! just what I needed to read on my way out to dinner :) i will make good choices i will make good choices.............

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter