Bicycle Parking

gchiker

Can't get enough of the Mouse
If I bring a bicycle to WDW, can I park it (and lock it) at the hotels and parks? Where exactly are the parking facilities?

gchiker said:
If I bring a bicycle to WDW, can I park it (and lock it) at the hotels and parks? Where exactly are the parking facilities?

I've never seen a bike rack at Disney. Doesn't mean there aren't any, but I have never noticed one anywhere other than at a Disney bike rental stand. Where are you trying to go from/to? That could be an issue to due to roadways that are available for bikes. It doesn't strike me as a very bike-friendly place for actually trying to get from one place to another. Too many highways.

I like to visit BCV, BWV, VWL, Contemporary, Swan/Dolphin restaurants, as well as the Magic Kingdom, Disney Studios, Epcot and the Marketplace. Biking around would avoid parking issues with a car or waits for a bus. Besides, I need the exercise!

I agree, my wife and I are both cyclist's. We brought our bikes once and found the only paths were along the Bonnet creek from OKW to SSR . Otherwise there's really no way to get from point A to point B.Wish there was.:rolleyes1

Is there a prohibition against riding bikes on Disney roads? Could they be left chained to a lamp post in the parking lots?

I would think that trying to chain it to a lampost in a parking lot could easily get the bike hit by a bus or other car, some of the busses have to make some tight turns as it is. But, to be sure, you should probably just call or email Disney and ask. Maybe they do have some place to store it that is slightly backstage, like an employee parking area, or something. But remember, the entrance road to EPCOT, and some the other parks, has a LOT of traffic, and is designed more like a mini-freeway system, with on ramps/off ramps rather than like a regular city road surface street system.

I think it would be quite dangerous to ride a bicycle anywhere except inside a resort like the Campgrounds, OKW or SSR.

I think I have seen a bike rack at Downtown Disney, though.

There are bike racks on the walkway from SSR to DTD and from VWL to FW.

Disney road are not really ment for biking it would be quite dangerous.

Denise in MI

I would definitely not recommend riding a bike on the Disney roadways. Lots of tourists in rentals cars that have no idea where they are going, changing lanes without signal and not looking.

It is scary enough in a car, much less dealing with all the buses. :scared1:

Not sure it would even be allowed, unless you are on a bike path, I feel security would stop you.

With all the first time drivers, drivers driving unfamiliar rental cars and buses, I wouldn't risk my life trying to ride a bike around WDW. I also can't imagine that Disney would allow you to chain up a bike anywhere you thought was a good idea.

We bring our bikes often. Our upcoming trip in Nov. i again will be bringing my bike. We always put them out on our room balcony. No one has said any thing.

Where have you ridden your bikes? To hotels? To Parks? Any problem finding a safe place to lock them up. Any problems on the roads?

We bring our bikes often. Our upcoming trip in Nov. i again will be bringing my bike. We always put them out on our room balcony. No one has said any thing.

nobody says you can't bring them, it's just not safe to ride them to the parks or other resorts.

Around the resort. It is not safe by any means to ride to the parks. depending on the resort like saratoga springs you could get a lot of use out of bikes. I mountain bike and will take a half day trip to trails in the area. But the larger deluxe resorts you can get plenty of use out of them.

please don't try riding them at BW, it hard enough to dodge the crazy drivers on the rentals there now:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter