Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique

My daughter wants to do this for her 5th birthday.
She dressed up as Cinderella last week and loved it and when we went through the BBB she said she wanted to.

I asked them if they could do her hair like rapunzel or Ariel and they said "Of Course!"

But the brochure only offers 3 styles and I don't like any of them. None of them look like the princess hair of the characters. The bun looks painful.

So will they do the style I want so she can have the pampering experience?

I just ran a search on "bibbidi bobbidi boutique hairstyles" and one of the items that came up was a blog by a cast member who said they are not allowed to substitute hairstyles bc they aren't licensed cosmetologists and have only been taught these three styles. However... a few days ago I saw a thread on here where a mom had done her dd's hair into an elaborate Rapunzel style, then they went to BBB and simply had them put glitter on it (they paid for the hairstyle and didn't use it, essentially), do her makeup, and the rest of the package. Seemed to work out perfectly. My dd wears her hair in a chin-length bob and doesnt like having it pulled back severely, so I'm thinking if we go we'll get her an extra-special sparkly but comfy hair barrette, have BBB apply sparkle and makeup, and then go on about our day. I don't believe in being uncomfortable for fashion. ;-)

ETA: Ooo, I just had a thought, could you get your dd to sleep in curlers (it seems like a long curly style is what you're after) and maybe even wear them to BBB, then have a barrette that matches her dress picked out to pull back one side, or maybe take the curlers out in the morning and braid the front back into two braids that start at her temples and let the rest fall curly. Then she'd get a cute long style that's out of her face, BBB can sprinkle her with all their other assorted pixie dusts, and you have a child who is comfortable and pampered.

My daughter wants to do this for her 5th birthday.
She dressed up as Cinderella last week and loved it and when we went through the BBB she said she wanted to.

I asked them if they could do her hair like rapunzel or Ariel and they said "Of Course!"

But the brochure only offers 3 styles and I don't like any of them. None of them look like the princess hair of the characters. The bun looks painful.

So will they do the style I want so she can have the pampering experience?

Nope, they really don't deviate at all. They will leave bangs out, or tie it up a little more loosely if you DD has a sensitive head. Other than that, what you see is what you get.

My husband and I have gone twice. Once when we were a WDW with our god children and their parents we did it in Downtown Disney. We scheduled the two girls 4 and 6 year olds as a surprise, they were in complete shock. We did do the top package. I also brought a camera in and took lots of pictures as well as the photographer they have there. It was worth it for the look on their parents faces. Both parents started to cry, and my husband was even in awe. At the end of that trip we ended up purchasing the Photopass CD so all of the photos from the photo shoot that the girls were able to do after their makeover were also on the cd. That was in 2006.

The second time was at Disneyland in the Castle. This time it was a birthday present for my 5 year old god daughter. At the time she was very much into Cinderella. It was also a complete surprise. She too was in shock and speechless. We did the same package from head to toe. What can I say we do not have children of our own so we do spoil our god children on occasion. She felt like a princess. She did not talk for the entire experience in the chair. I don't think she knew what to say. She was just taking it all in. There too they take photos after the makeup and hair experience. There is where she "woke up" and saw the camera's. I had my camera again, and the Disney CM were taking thier pictures. Of course she loved having her picture taken. But there we purchased only one 8x10 and then I had all of the photos that I took on my camera. We were also spending more time at the park so for a few hours she had CM and guests calling her princess and wishing her a Happy Birthday which was a wonderful Bonus.

All the girls were at the ages where they played dress up with their dresses til they did not fit any longer. And it made them all feel special for a day.

I just ran a search on "bibbidi bobbidi boutique hairstyles" and one of the items that came up was a blog by a cast member who said they are not allowed to substitute hairstyles bc they aren't licensed cosmetologists and have only been taught these three styles. However... a few days ago I saw a thread on here where a mom had done her dd's hair into an elaborate Rapunzel style, then they went to BBB and simply had them put glitter on it (they paid for the hairstyle and didn't use it, essentially), do her makeup, and the rest of the package. Seemed to work out perfectly. My dd wears her hair in a chin-length bob and doesnt like having it pulled back severely, so I'm thinking if we go we'll get her an extra-special sparkly but comfy hair barrette, have BBB apply sparkle and makeup, and then go on about our day. I don't believe in being uncomfortable for fashion. ;-)

ETA: Ooo, I just had a thought, could you get your dd to sleep in curlers (it seems like a long curly style is what you're after) and maybe even wear them to BBB, then have a barrette that matches her dress picked out to pull back one side, or maybe take the curlers out in the morning and braid the front back into two braids that start at her temples and let the rest fall curly. Then she'd get a cute long style that's out of her face, BBB can sprinkle her with all their other assorted pixie dusts, and you have a child who is comfortable and pampered.

Thanks! The idea about the curlers is a good one. We have some soft pink ones and have only used them once. I'm a mom who grew up with pixie short hair so I gotta learn this stuff now!

Nope, they really don't deviate at all. They will leave bangs out, or tie it up a little more loosely if you DD has a sensitive head. Other than that, what you see is what you get.

Now that I learned they arent licensed it makes sense. That's why you dont see any curling irons around I guess!

I'm going to call and see if theyll just do the other stuff. i might do her hair most of the way and cover it in a shower cap or something so she feels like its more of a transformation.

She is most excited about the make-up. Right now she is trying to find the lip gloss I just hid from her because she was obsessed with it and wouldnt put it down!

I think it is wonderful to do at least one time. We went all out for our 5 year old daughter's first trip last year. We went to the BBB in the castle and then went to CRT for dinner right after. She enjoyed dressing up and having the fairy godmothers fuss over her and liked having her picture taken at the end. They even sprinkled me with some fairy dust while I waited. I asked her if she wanted to go back again this year and she said no because it hurt when they combed her hair and she'd rather do the Pirates League, lol. We did get some awesome portraits of her all dressed up though, so it was totally worth it for us. princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter