Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Worth it for 4 year old?

chewreck

Earning My Ears
We're taking our 4 year old to Disney World for the first time in December (12th through 19th) and were wondering if the BBB is really worth the money for her. She's totally enamored with princesses, especially Sleeping Beauty, but I'm wondering if she'll really enjoy it or if she would even miss it if we didn't do it. Several people I've talked to who have been to Disney recently said the kids in the boutique were having a great time.

Any tips or recommendations?

Thanks!!!

We took DD in Sep 2007 when she was 3(almost 4) and she absolutely loved it and talks about it to this day. we'll be there in a few weeks and she wants to do it all again. We did the whole coach package with the costume etc and that costume has been worn a hundred times! I think it is a lot of money to spend...but it was so worth it and will be again. She'll be 6 in January.

Have fun!

Yes, yes, yes! She will truly believe a Fairy Godmother in Training is making her a princess :goodvibes

We are taking our 4-year-old for the third time in December (she had just turned 3 the first time) and we can't wait! We play "boutique" at home with the makeup she gets there. It really is a magical experience--at least it was for us!

Now I am so excited to let my son do Pirate's League. Poor guy has suffered through enough princess makeovers--it's his turn now :lmao:

First does she even know about it? if the answer is no then how in the world would she miss it? Even if she knows about it she won't miss it. There is so much to see and do in Disney that there is no way a 4 yr old needs to do this to enjoy herself.

IMO it is a colossal waste of money and outrageously expensive, not to mention a real time eater.

Will she miss it? No. However, I don't think that the $50 packages are bad (and I am a frugal person), considering how much my daughter enjoyed it, and her hair stayed up for three days! This was the highlight of my daughter's trip last year. If your daughter is really into princesses, I would highly recommend it.

My DGD(4) LOVED BBB when we went this past May. She was allowed to choose whatever she wanted. She chose PINK hair. LOL. We brought with her own custom Cinderella dress and it actually did look adorable with the pink hair she chose. She had a great time at MK and many people commented on how adorable she looked. Just last week we were discussing our next WDW trip and when I asked her what she wanted to do there, she said she wanted to get her "hair done" again.princess:

I absolutely think it's worth it! You won't believe how soon she'll grow out of that princess stage and into Hannah Montana and Jonas brothers! Enjoy it while you can.

I am not sure if it is really worth it but I can tell you that most girls usually outgrow the princess phase by age 6. Mine did and I know a few others that did too. That was due to Hannah Montana, etc.

I agree too with another that said will she even know about it to miss it?

She will not miss it if she does not know about it, but man she will love it if she gets to do it. My DD 3 thought it was the greatest thing on earth and when it was all said and done it was well worth the cost. What is not overpriced in Disney?

DD was 4 1/2 y/o when we went last fall. I took all of her princess costumes and did her hair and makeup myself each day when she wanted to dress-up. She didn't notice any difference between the other girls and herself and honestly, her Cinderella dress was prettier than the ones from BBB. I am not a cosmetician or a hairdresser by any means but I couldn't see spending all that money for something I could do myself - and I'm sure I would not want all those hair products in my child's beautiful hair.

My dd was 4 1/2 when we took her to BBB. She chose the castle package and it was worth every penny. I am not a mom who is good with hair, makeup, nails etc. Also the way the she was treated also made it very special. The photos we received were fabulous! I say go for it.

DD absolutely LOVED it at last year at 3.5. She was totally into princesses (still is at 4.5), so I (a tomboy) thought she might like it. Went to DTD location, followed by lunch at T-Rex (also very fond of dinosaurs).

She didn't appear to adore it when going through it, she seemed very serious yet calm/patient about all the primping. She kept telling me she was having fun, but she just had the most serious look on her face when there. Once princessed up, she acted pretty stiff and serious - turns out she was trying so hard not to "mess up the look".

Truly, we've discovered, she LOVED it. Couldn't stop talking about how amazing it was afterwards. Almost a year later, some mornings she still wakes up and asks if we can go to the "Bib Bob Boutique" today. When we just told her we were going back to WDW in a month, one of her first questions was if we would be going there again.

Of course we'll take her again! It was magical for her!

First does she even know about it? if the answer is no then how in the world would she miss it? Even if she knows about it she won't miss it. There is so much to see and do in Disney that there is no way a 4 yr old needs to do this to enjoy herself.

IMO it is a colossal waste of money and outrageously expensive, not to mention a real time eater.

I have to whole heartedly DISAGREE with you here. We went in 2007 and my DD was 5, it was without a doubt the best money I spent on the entire trip and we are doing it again this year with both DD's, now 7 and my other is 4. Seeing her face and watching her in her princess outfit was absolutely priceless to me.

It is horrifcally expensive YES! However, again the best money I spent all vacation and probably the best...:scared1: $500 bucks I'll spend this trip!

And trust me, she WILL notice all the other little girls in their fancy dresses, hair and makeup.

We just got back & DD4 LOVED IT!!!

It is soooo worth the money to see the look on her face when they turn her chair around to see herself in the mirror! I wish I wasn't so computer dumb so that I can put that picture up!

As far as not knowing about it, there are soo many little girls with the hair dos in the park...it was hard to avoid even if we tried not do it.

Even my grumpy DH loved to see his little girl get all that attention.

My daughter is 4. We took her there in July and she loved it. She loves to play dress up. Now she regularly plays that she is the FGIT with the make up and nail polish they give you. I have had my nails done more often than I can think about. :rotfl2: She had the hair for 2 days, then we went to the pool. The FGIT's are great. The costume my daughter picked was to big, so they came into the dressing room and used clear hair ties to fit it to her. She felt like she was a real princess with the attention that she got at the boutique and throughout the park for the rest of the day.

I know that a lot of things at Disney World leave us asking "is it worth it." In all honesty, I think it is a relative question. Are the items you receive worth the hefty pricetag in most cases, usually no. However, the memories that are created and the wonderful looks on our children's faces are more than worth the price of any add on that Disney provides.

I believe that four is a wonderful age for the BBB although I was blessed with four pirates and no princesses. That said, the pictures and memories that could be created with your little one while there would be amazing and well worth the price I believe. I say got for it!

I think the only drawback (other than the $) is having children walking around the MK the rest of the day in all the garb. They were so hot and uncomfortable.

I'm taking DD3 in a few weeks and I think it will be so special. She loves princesses and loves dress-up and I don't think I could pick a more special age in which they will believe they are being turned into a princess. We are doing CRT after and I hope DD will love it!

Thanks for all the recommendations and past experiences!

IF we do the BBB, when is the best time during our trip to do it? We'll be there saturday to saturday. Is it best to do it in the morning early in the trip? Seems like the morning would be best so she could stay dressed up all day long.

Thoughts?

Also, just booked our ADR's today and got all of them that we wanted!!! Woohoo! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter