• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique question?

HappyMomma

I'd rather be walking down Main Street, USA.
I'm not sure if I'm in the correct forum or not. So please excuse if I'm in the wrong one.

Our trip is a surprise, so I cannot ask my daughter which princess dress she'd prefer before hand. I think she'd like Cinderella.

Anyhoo. I'm uncertain if I should try to purchase one of the dresses from the Disney store before we leave, or just allow her to pick one out at WDW? If the dresses at the boutique are unique and lovelier, I'd rather go that route. But if they are nothing really special, I'll prob save a bit of money if I buy one in store. And if they are about the same, and I'm only saving 20 dollars, I'd just assume allow her the full blown experience and ability to choose her own dress. Any thoughts or advice?

We always purchase first! It's so much cheaper that way. For an alternative though, Castle Couture is right near the castle and she could pick her outfit there. All the accessories are available there. I think the costumes from the Disney Store are just as nice if not nicer than the ones you purchase at the BBB.

We just got back and did BBB. We bought our DD's dress on ebay and paid about $25.00 for a princess Aurora dress. We surprised our kids too and a few months before leaving I just has her look at dresses online and tell me which kind of dress she might like for her dress up box. Our friends who we traveled with bought their girls dresses at BBB and it was an additional $60 per dress. Definitely buy one before you go. Have a great time!

Me:)
DH:coffee:
DS(8yrs)pirate:
DD(3.5yrs)princess:

The dresses at WDW are different than the ones in the Disney Store (the BBB dresses are the same ones they sell in all the stores in the parks). Most times we think the quality is better, but they are pricey- I think they run $60 or $65. The Disney Store quality is usually great too, so I think you will be fine with either....unless you buy before the trip and pick the wrong princess...then you could wind up with 2 dresses. :laughing: DD has done BBB twice and I will say though, that they do make a little bit of a production of it if you get the dress there. When DD checked in, they asked her what Princess she wanted to be (they ask you when you book the package, but your DD can always change her mind when she gets there). They put everything back in the dressing room all laid out pretty and then the Fairy Godmother in Training takes you back there and does a little unveiling which generally involves some "Bibbidi Bobbidi Booing". We usually get the dress there, because DD always wants a princess dress from WDW, so even if we bring one with us, she just wants a different princess dress as a souvenier from WDW anyway. If you decide to buy a Disney store one ahead of time, I think they are on sale on the website right now.

The dresses at WDW are different than the ones in the Disney Store (the BBB dresses are the same ones they sell in all the stores in the parks). Most times we think the quality is better, but they are pricey- I think they run $60 or $65. The Disney Store quality is usually great too, so I think you will be fine with either....unless you buy before the trip and pick the wrong princess...then you could wind up with 2 dresses. :laughing: DD has done BBB twice and I will say though, that they do make a little bit of a production of it if you get the dress there. When DD checked in, they asked her what Princess she wanted to be (they ask you when you book the package, but your DD can always change her mind when she gets there). They put everything back in the dressing room all laid out pretty and then the Fairy Godmother in Training takes you back there and does a little unveiling which generally involves some "Bibbidi Bobbidi Booing". We usually get the dress there, because DD always wants a princess dress from WDW, so even if we bring one with us, she just wants a different princess dress as a souvenier from WDW anyway. If you decide to buy a Disney store one ahead of time, I think they are on sale on the website right now.

Aw!! Sounds like it'll be a difference of 30.00 and some extra magic. Guess we'll be getting ours at the Boutique.

We don't go to WDW every year, (job wont allow) and my daughter is 6. Perfect age in every way to go all out.

Thank everyone for your input!

My DD wore several dresses from the Disneystore during our trip and we received many compliments and people asking if they had those dresses on property, especially when we were at BBB at DTD. I liked that she looked different than the dresses they offered at the parks and quality was about the same.

My DD wore several dresses from the Disneystore during our trip and we received many compliments and people asking if they had those dresses on property, especially when we were at BBB at DTD. I liked that she looked different than the dresses they offered at the parks and quality was about the same.

Part of me is thinking to go after Halloween and grab clearance dresses too. She may want a Belle dress for BOG anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter