Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique ~ ALL you need to know + Tons of Pix ~ Updated 10/2012

What is your favorite Disney World costume?

• Cinderella

• Belle (yellow)

• Aurora

• Jasmine

• Snow White

• Minnie Mouse

• Alice

• Pocahontas

• Ariel Mermaid

• Areil Ball Gown

• Holday Belle (red)

• White Princess Gown (all 3 princesses)

Results are only viewable after voting.
For those of you buying an un-lined dress at the BBB or elsewhere I have a good tip for you.

Get the cotton slip from Hannah Anderson. It's white cotton ribbed knit on top with a white cotton eyelet skirt - nice soft cotton throughout. Straps are thin (1/2 inch) and it was very comfortable under the princess dress for my little DD3 princess: Tiana last week. We first put her dress on without it and she was fine until halfway through our breakfast at CRT following the BBB appt (about 120 minutes). Then she announced, "My dress is itchy!" So we went into the bathroom and I put it on under the dress by having her step into it and take her arms out of the Tiana straps and put them into the slip straps and then back into the Tiana straps again.... I guess this last part is a trick most Moms/women know already though! LOL !! I know my DH was pretty amazed we did not ruin her princess hair in the "slip process" :laughing:

I was SO glad I brought it along that day and she wore it under a couple other princess/fairy dresses we brought from home on other days. Especially after paying $59.95 at BBB for the new adorable Tiana dress I was glad she was comfortable and wanted to remain in it for the rest of her "appointment day" as she called it! And after CRT, she met Tiana in the Glen who was a total doll to her - THANK YOU! So magical... why must we come home....

Sydnerella's Mama

My lil girlie has her 1st BBB in May... Im really excited to share it with her, almost through her... I've learned a few tips from this thread too... No I haven't read it through start to finish but I definately check back time to time...

I was able to grab my DD3 and Cindy costume from our local Disney Store!!! Which is totally out of the box and will be a complete surprise cause I've never really had a soft spot for her... (Team Ariel!) I remember the 1st time she saw Cindys movie she was 2... At the end of it she looked at me and said "Mommy, thats a good one, I love a good love story!" Can't wait to see her face when she opens her special gift from Cinderella herself! Untill then we'll be waiting patiently!

For those of you buying an un-lined dress at the BBB or elsewhere I have a good tip for you.

Get the cotton slip from Hannah Anderson. It's white cotton ribbed knit on top with a white cotton eyelet skirt - nice soft cotton throughout. Straps are thin (1/2 inch) and it was very comfortable under the princess dress for my little DD3 princess: Tiana last week. We first put her dress on without it and she was fine until halfway through our breakfast at CRT following the BBB appt (about 120 minutes). Then she announced, "My dress is itchy!" So we went into the bathroom and I put it on under the dress by having her step into it and take her arms out of the Tiana straps and put them into the slip straps and then back into the Tiana straps again.... I guess this last part is a trick most Moms/women know already though! LOL !! I know my DH was pretty amazed we did not ruin her princess hair in the "slip process" :laughing:

I was SO glad I brought it along that day and she wore it under a couple other princess/fairy dresses we brought from home on other days. Especially after paying $59.95 at BBB for the new adorable Tiana dress I was glad she was comfortable and wanted to remain in it for the rest of her "appointment day" as she called it! And after CRT, she met Tiana in the Glen who was a total doll to her - THANK YOU! So magical... why must we come home....

Sydnerella's Mama

Great tip!!! :goodvibes

I was able to grab my DD3 and Cindy costume from our local Disney Store!!! Which is totally out of the box and will be a complete surprise cause I've never really had a soft spot for her... (Team Ariel!) I remember the 1st time she saw Cindys movie she was 2... At the end of it she looked at me and said "Mommy, thats a good one, I love a good love story!"

LOL Sounds like me and my girls. Except that I am the Cinderella lover but both of my daughter's are ALL ABOUT Ariel!!! :confused3 Hope your DD has a great time at BBB.

Can anyone give me info on the sizing of Disney dresses? I am ordering a Belle one from an ebay seller and she asked me what size I need. I have no idea, haha. My daughter is just starting to wear size 4T now, and our Disney trip is in November, the week after her 4th birthday. I don't want the dress to be too tight, but I also don't want her straps to fall down, or for her to be stepping on the bottom, you know?

Also, what type of shoes do they sell to go with the dresses? I want something comfortable for her. I've seen the flip flops and I don't think she could walk around in them.

Thanks in advance!

Can anyone give me info on the sizing of Disney dresses? I am ordering a Belle one from an ebay seller and she asked me what size I need. I have no idea, haha. My daughter is just starting to wear size 4T now, and our Disney trip is in November, the week after her 4th birthday. I don't want the dress to be too tight, but I also don't want her straps to fall down, or for her to be stepping on the bottom, you know?

Also, what type of shoes do they sell to go with the dresses? I want something comfortable for her. I've seen the flip flops and I don't think she could walk around in them.

Thanks in advance!

XS is a size 2/3
S is 4
M 5/6

My DD's normally is a about a 3T... He Disney Store Dresses are all diffrent sized... I always get her the Smalls...

Sydnerella's Mama
Great idea. Love HA clothes and this will be perfect. Nothing worse than an itchy dress. We'll be there in May and planned to bring a tank top but this will be even better.

Thanks in advance!

Personally for me I have bought one size up for DD6 and it was fine. But she is really hard to fit. I have yet to find a pair of jeans that fit her just right .:confused3

Tinker Tam

When we went over Christmas I saw many white princesses in Tiana costumes and outfits and no one was looking at those little beauties with anything but admiration so don't worry about it. In fact if you search this thread you will see pics here. On the flip side, we are black and my little princesses have been every princess in the rainbow as have the majority of little black princesses I know and we have never experienced anything other than compliments.

I understand your Aunt's concern. It is a completely new experience for white princesses and one would naturally pause to consider if a child they love would be inadvertently exposed to other peoples issues. I don't think your Aunt was displaying any improper behavior, she was concerned about her niece attracting negative attention from people who may not be ready to move forward. Historically we all have cause for pause, however, the times in which our princesses are growing up are not the same as ours were. I think most people know that little princesses these days don't have the same racial issues and I think despite our own concerns we are proud to see the progress of the up and coming generation.

Just tell your Aunt it's ok, it's a new day. Different from the last generation. Show her some pics from this thread and let her know that eye witnesses saw many beautiful white princesses in Tiana dresses and outfits in WDW and they received nothing but praise. She needs reassurance that her niece will be alright and won't receive any unwanted, negative attention.:wizard:

Thank you Mamaprincess. We did get my DD a Tiana dress and she looks gorgeous. Couldn't give it up if I had too. LOL She also got a few other dresses so I am sure everyday will be a new princess...she still looks the cutest in Tiana though!

Thanks in advance!

Maybe the sizing is dif from the Disney Store and the park dresses because I thought the sizing was as follows:

XXS = 2/3
XS =4/5
S = 6
M = 7/8
L 10/12

Hope that helps!

Huge Thanks to the BBB thread and posters :grouphug:

You guys rock and I have to say it was one of my favorite trip experiences - watching DD3 become Tiana and be Tiana for the day. She absolutely LOVED it and we talk about it on the way to daycare almost everyday! She "does my hair" and always pretends to put the cape on me and asks if I want the "princess bun one or the firework one" which makes me smile all over.

I am so thankful for all of the great info on the DIS and on this thread. We had an amazing trip to WDW and as always, I cannot wait to return.

From OneTreeHill addict who actually let me call her to Jenseib who answers a ton of questions to Mom2RTK who sews amazing works I love to look at and the many many others - THANK YOU :hug:

Sydnerella's Mama

You guys rock and I have to say it was one of my favorite trip experiences - watching DD3 become Tiana and be Tiana for the day. She absolutely LOVED it and we talk about it on the way to daycare almost everyday! She "does my hair" and always pretends to put the cape on me and asks if I want the "princess bun one or the firework one" which makes me smile all over.

I am so thankful for all of the great info on the DIS and on this thread. We had an amazing trip to WDW and as always, I cannot wait to return.

From OneTreeHill addict who actually let me call her to Jenseib who answers a ton of questions to Mom2RTK who sews amazing works I love to look at and the many many others - THANK YOU :hug:

Sydnerella's Mama

I'm SO glad you had a magical time!!! I hope you'll post some photos! :goodvibes

I just made a reservation for my DD and her two friends for the BBB when we go to WDW in October!! She absolutely LOVES princesses and dressing up in costume, so this is right up her alley. She'll be 4 when she goes and her two friends will be 3. Right afterward we have a lunch scheduled for CRT. I'm thinking about ordering a special 'princess' cake to be made at the Contemporary and then brought over to CRT to surprise the girls. I'm so excited to see their reaction!!!

Where would we find a cruella dress for my grand daughter.
She is 4 and she LOVES cruella. We are going to a MNSSHP and know she would love to dress like her--any help?

Sydnerella's Mama

Yeah! I am glad that you had such a great time!!! Post pictures when you get a chance, we would love to see your little Tiana!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter