Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique ~ ALL you need to know + Tons of Pix ~ Updated 10/2012

What is your favorite Disney World costume?

• Cinderella

• Belle (yellow)

• Aurora

• Jasmine

• Snow White

• Minnie Mouse

• Alice

• Pocahontas

• Ariel Mermaid

• Areil Ball Gown

• Holday Belle (red)

• White Princess Gown (all 3 princesses)

Results are only viewable after voting.
If anyone has the dresses, it'll be the boutique. They get dresses before anyone else in the parks. If you want to add a dress (or anything) to your Coach or Crown Package they can do that for you when you get there. If you do find the dress in her size somewhere and want to buy it and bring it with you, you can use the dressing room, just let them know you need to change.
The great think about the Tiana dress is it's really comfy and stretches/pulls in well. So if she's in between a size, or you want to go up a size to get more wear out of it, the Fairy Godmothers in Training can bustle it up for her with some little clear elastics.

I didn't know that about helping cinch it in:) That helps (she's 5 but can kinda wear a 6, and I want to get good use out of it). She has every other dress here at home but I've been putting off getting her the Tiana one to make the whole BBB thing special. I didn't want to get the bigger pkg though because she doesn't need acces or shoes (or the pics).

Thanks!

Hi, my daughter saw Samantha Brown on the travel channel at BBB and now wants to do it even though she has been saying no the last 3 months. I booked the cheapest package(she doesn't want her nails painted) and she picked out the belle dress from disney online. Since I booked the BBB appt. yesterday she has changed her mind about the dress and now wants Jasmine, oh wait no, now it's Snow White. If we get there and decide to do the most expensive package our we able to do that or does it have to be booked in advance.

:lmao: I wonder if they experienced an increase in bookings because DD6 princess:kept reminding us how we were suppose to do this last year and we didn't and how disappointed she was.:sad1:

Well after getting over some mommy guilt I decided if she wants to do it, it would be an early birthday gift.

But now she wants to be Princess Tiana and the Disney store only has the Deluxe dresses for $80 and if they are sold out at the parks I am not sure what I will do. Hopefully I can find one before we leave.

:lmao: I wonder if they experienced an increase in bookings because DD6 princess:kept reminding us how we were suppose to do this last year and we didn't and how disappointed she was.:sad1:

Well after getting over some mommy guilt I decided if she wants to do it, it would be an early birthday gift.

But now she wants to be Princess Tiana and the Disney store only has the Deluxe dresses for $80 and if they are sold out at the parks I am not sure what I will do. Hopefully I can find one before we leave.

I am right there with you, my DD only wants Tiana. We are doing Universal and then a Disney Cruise before our week stay at WDW so I really don't want to lug around a princess dress around from home that whole time that she won't wear. However to ease my stress I may bite the bullet and order one. I have found some lesser quality ones online but I think the ones they sell at the BBB are similar to the deluxe dresses on disney's site? Please correct me if I'm wrong! :)

Hi, my daughter saw Samantha Brown on the travel channel at BBB and now wants to do it even though she has been saying no the last 3 months. I booked the cheapest package(she doesn't want her nails painted) and she picked out the belle dress from disney online. Since I booked the BBB appt. yesterday she has changed her mind about the dress and now wants Jasmine, oh wait no, now it's Snow White. If we get there and decide to do the most expensive package our we able to do that or does it have to be booked in advance.

Yes they can upgrade.

And they do wear princess dresses on the cruises too, so you could get more use out of the dress then.

I am right there with you, my DD only wants Tiana. We are doing Universal and then a Disney Cruise before our week stay at WDW so I really don't want to lug around a princess dress around from home that whole time that she won't wear. However to ease my stress I may bite the bullet and order one. I have found some lesser quality ones online but I think the ones they sell at the BBB are similar to the deluxe dresses on disney's site? Please correct me if I'm wrong! :)

So we are back from WDW and the BBB. My daughter had a fantastic time. She is 3.5 and usually won't let me near her with a brush. She also has short hair, so I wasn't sure what they would be able to do. She sat still for an entire half hour while they did her hair and nails. She picked the pop-princess, and opted for pink hair extensions (not what I would have picked). We had the crown (middle) package booked, but really wanted the Tiana dress, which they had in her size, so we ended up upgrading. For those of you interested, we could have bought the dress, but nothing else, and you don't have to tell them until you get there. Plus, I asked, and even if we had booked the Castle (most expensive) package, we were'nt locked into buying all the stuff if they didn't have what we wanted.

The Tiana dress is similar to the ones in the disney stores, but not exactly the same. I actually think the ones in the disney store are more spectacular than the one at BBB, but I liked the one at BBB very much, plus, I couldn't find one in DD's size at the disney store near us. I will post pics of it shortly (I still have to upload them off my camera).

I was really happy with our BBB experience, and will absolutely do it again. I wish they would change the dresses at BBB periodically though.. they have been the same for years (probably why Tiana is so hard to come by, since it's the only new dress). Disney would probably make a killing if they offered exclusive BBB dresses that changed periodically.

More details, and pictures soon!

How much was the Tiana dress at BBB? We have our appointment for April but still can't get the dress in my daughter's size at our local Disney Store. Both dresses here are $89 which seems a little steep in comparison with the other princesses.

I hope it's okay to post a picture of the Belle custom my DD is wearing to BBB when we go in September. Someone on etsy made it, and I absolutely LOVE it!!! The quality is awesome and the price is right for a custom! If you want the seller's name, pm me since I'm not sure if I can post the link here or not.

4363129938_a475a947b8.jpg

I hope it's okay to post a picture of the Belle custom my DD is wearing to BBB when we go in September. Someone on etsy made it, and I absolutely LOVE it!!! The quality is awesome and the price is right for a custom! If you want the seller's name, pm me since I'm not sure if I can post the link here or not.

That is a beautiful dress and a beautiful little girl! I can't sway my 4 year old from Tiana. Do you know if the creator of your dress does one?

Thanks.

Grogeous!!! :lovestruc

What a great thread! Thank you for all this information!!

FYI ---The Disney Store online now has Tiana dresses available online for $39.50. Not on sale, but perhaps a little more affordable and all sizes seem to be available.

My DD(4) has heart set on Belle. Due to budget, I'm hoping to purchase a dress online before we leave. I think BBB is going to be the highlight of her trip! Can't wait!! princess:

My 11 year old is in adult clothes, so she is not small enough for the dresses. Since both of my girls are going for the makeover, I thought I'd get them matching outfits. They are really cute. DS has a Pirates League makeover for the same time. My question is this--I've conflicting information regarding whether our not the castmembers can or cannot accept tips. Which one is it? Can they or can't they?

My 11 year old is in adult clothes, so she is not small enough for the dresses. Since both of my girls are going for the makeover, I thought I'd get them matching outfits. They are really cute. DS has a Pirates League makeover for the same time. My question is this--I've conflicting information regarding whether our not the castmembers can or cannot accept tips. Which one is it? Can they or can't they?

Yes they can...they used to not be able too, but they can now. I think at Disneyland they are not allowed to yet though. But WDW it is ok to tip.

You should have just PMed me :) BBB can accept tips. They have to be cash only given to the FGIT. You can't put them on room or credit charge even though you can charge your package to the room or with a credit card which some families have an issue with because they don't carry cash! If you enjoying doing "tip" envelopes, I always loved getting those and saved mine!

Yes they can...they used to not be able too, but they can now. I think at Disneyland they are not allowed to yet though. But WDW it is ok to tip.

Thanks!

You should have just PMed me :) BBB can accept tips. They have to be cash only given to the FGIT. You can't put them on room or credit charge even though you can charge your package to the room or with a credit card which some families have an issue with because they don't carry cash! If you enjoying doing "tip" envelopes, I always loved getting those and saved mine!

Megan, like last night, I thought, "Rats, I should have pmed you or send you a Facebook message!"

What happened to the picture? Can you send me the name of the seller.
Thanks, Erika

I can't wait to take my DD to BBB, on our next trip we leave WDW for DCL the day before her 3rd birthday, will I be able to book her in or do thy ask for ID?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter