• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beware! Stolen Ipod

S&D MOM

Earning My Ears
Justed wanted to warn people to lock up anything of value when not in the room. Had my IPOD stolen from the stateroom on my recent cruise:mad:

This is good advice, we always put valuables in our safe before leaving our cabin even if it's just for a short time.

I'm sorry that happened. Thanks for the reminder. We tend to lock things up too. Did you report this to DCL? How did they respond?

I spoke to the guest services and security came to my room and looked around. I had to fill out a form and turned it into guest services, but no claim # or call back phone # given to me:sad2: . I think that is the last I will be hearing from them? :(

I spoke to the guest services and security came to my room and looked around. I had to fill out a form and turned it into guest services, but no claim # or call back phone # given to me:sad2: . I think that is the last I will be hearing from them? :(

Well I hope DCL if nothing else keeps an extra eye on your room steward.

On our last cruise in May we lost DS's sandels. DH and I think he may have put them in the trash not knowing it was the trash. I assume our steward didn't notice or think to take them out. We had just bought them. :sad2: It was the strangest thing.

But, not on the same scale as an ipod I know. Again I'm sorry. That really stinks.

Where did you last see it? Was it on the counter by the closet? We think we lost our kids club pager this way. My DH specifically remembers putting it on that counter at the end of the night. Next day port day so no need for it. Stateroom attendant cleaned up room. Next day searched up and down and pager literally gone. Called kids club to have them sound off pager hoping we'd hear it in the room. Nope. My DH doesn't think attendant took it, but wonders since our counter was pretty cluttered if while cleaning attendant accidentally knocked it off into the trash can sitting right next to the counter. Cost us $150, but my DH is 100% positive he put it there and it disappeared.

Vossjemi,
I was very careful the first 5 days and locked it up everyday (i only used it to workout in the morning). Last day got lazy and left it on the counter you mentioned or in the first drawer. Could just kick myself for even bringing it as I only worked out 3 out of the 7 days :(

Wow, I always hide my iPod in Mexican resorts but never have on DCL. I always just leave it on the desk sitting on the speaker. Might have to rethink this one!

I did find a fabulous Dolce & Gabbana pump (in my size nol ess) under the bed a few years back - too bad that the other one obviously went home with the rightful owner:lmao:

Sorry about your Ipod. Thats a terrrible feeling

The old lady kinda wishes this thread was titled 'missing' ipod - they're so small, there's a dozen things that could happen to them that don't involve larceny :(

Sorry to hear about your stolen iPod. :sad1:
I have read other reports about iPods being stolen. Even on a Disney cruise, we must be careful about our things. Its a shame, though.
I am going to think twice about bringing mine. Just more I have to worry about.

I was cleaning up that area and our KTWC (room key) fell behind the counter/dresser. I was able to pull out the bottom drawer and there it was. I would see if they can check that area for you.

Vossjemi,
I was very careful the first 5 days and locked it up everyday (i only used it to workout in the morning). Last day got lazy and left it on the counter you mentioned or in the first drawer. Could just kick myself for even bringing it as I only worked out 3 out of the 7 days :(

Exact same deal with us! My DH considered that kids club pager valuable like $. He locked it up in safe every day too. It was just that one day where it was late, and he got lazy so he put it on that counter. Trash can sits right next to it, so our only guess is that it somehow fell or got knocked off that counter into the trash & bye bye $150!!

Exact same deal with us! My DH considered that kids club pager valuable like $. He locked it up in safe every day too. It was just that one day where it was late, and he got lazy so he put it on that counter. Trash can sits right next to it, so our only guess is that it somehow fell or got knocked off that counter into the trash & bye bye $150!!

Don't they go through the garbage to seperate the recycleable stuff?! I would think someone would perhaps see that!

Last cruise we had hundreds of dollars worth of electronics sitting out every day on the desk. This could include, at any given moment, my laptop, one or two ipods, one or two digital cameras, camcorder, etc. We did this the first few days. One day, I returned to the room while our steward was cleaning to grab something. The door was propped open with a wooden shim and no one was in the room. I can't remember where I saw the room steward; he was close by but anyone could have popped in, picked something off the desk and popped out without his knowledge. I don't believe he even saw me when I came in, if I remember right. From then on our items went into a drawer under something or into the safe.

I also noticed this as we walked by other rooms during the cruise. While the steward is off, nearby but not in the room, the room is left wide open.

Don't they go through the garbage to seperate the recycleable stuff?! I would think someone would perhaps see that!

Yes, and I'd imagine that this is where something like an Ipod would likely get slipped into a pocket. It seems so unlikely that a Room Steward would risk their job over an Ipod or camera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter