• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BEWARE: First Love Bug Sighting!

I knew it! They were waiting for me!! I decide to go this weekend to Halloween Horror Nights and the bugs come out in full force. :p You guys should see the front of my car. It's full of them. I went to have lunch at epcot before HHN and the little monsters were all over the place. I saw people walking around with bugs on their backs and that just made me paranoid that they were probably all over me too. I hate them. I just hope there aren't too many of them at MK tomorrow (or today since it's already Sunday). Those evil little things just love to torment me.

I knew it! They were waiting for me!! I decide to go this weekend to Halloween Horror Nights and the bugs come out in full force. :p You guys should see the front of my car. It's full of them. I went to have lunch at epcot before HHN and the little monsters were all over the place. I saw people walking around with bugs on their backs and that just made me paranoid that they were probably all over me too. I hate them. I just hope there aren't too many of them at MK tomorrow (or today since it's already Sunday). Those evil little things just love to torment me.

Sorry you have the rotten luck. I hope they don't bother you too much today! If it's any consolation, I wish I was there, love bugs or no.

I've been in Clermont housesitting for my DD since 9/19 and today is the first day the love bugs have been really heavy. Seems like since Friday's rain they have been more noticeable. I was listening to a local radio gardening show today and a caller said they use dryer fabric softener sheets - used or new- that they wet and use to wipe the bugs off their car. He said it worked really well. I'd try it on DD's car but she doesn't have and fabric softener sheets.

So how long until they start clearing out? I really won't be able to handle swarms of these things while I'm at the parks.

We just got home last night and had our share of the LOVEBUGS we stayed at all star sports and OMG wow they were bad we left on Thursday that night we stopped in SC and the front of my car had changed colors to black wow they were bad. WOW cant believe how bad they were :headache:

We just returned today. My kids loved the love bugs. My DS 7 kept "rescuing" them from the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon. I have several pics of him with ones that he took care of :) We were in Disney for 2 weeks and the first week didn't see any, the second week they were everywhere, it was like they came out of nowhere. I'm not a bug person, but they didn't bother me at all.

I just returned from WDW today and didn't have any issues with the love bugs until yesterday. I spent the afternoon at the Coronado quiet pool and was annoyed by lots of bugs landing on me. Yuck! I never noticed them at the parks. I thought our rental car was dirty...it was the love bugs!

No crowds, great weather and super park touring made late September so worth it!!!

Just got back from Saratoga Springs Resort and the little buggers made sitting at the quiet pool just miserable! So...we all got IN the pool! :goodvibes

They're fun to spit at each other.

I'm selling a large jar of lovebugs on ebay if anyone's interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter