• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BEWARE Disney Reservations may be calling you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry you've been unhappy, OP. Please just enjoy your vacation and put all of this behind you....your health as well as the baby's health is sooooo much more important.

Unfortunately, without tracking down the other party or having access to client information, neither of you will factually know who requested those rooms first. Technology obviously failed to hold the room(s) for one of you, as you were both told they were available, and over time, the error was recognized. Thankfully for you, in the end, the cabins you desire are currently yours, you didn't show up at the terminal to discover the error like we oftentimes see on flights being overbooked. We can hope that the other party who also had that one cabin is also happy with your decision to request to stay as well.

Of course there are other things to speak to from this chat, and I *have* read every word carefully. I am not a cast member, yet really, adding any more perspectives is not supporting my respectful thoughts for the need to move on from the thread and put it to rest. :)

Remember...we're all looking forward to VACATION!! You have every right to voice your opinion. Now it's time to relax and unwind and enjoy the planning process as well. Do your best to not let other factors get in the way of that.

:grouphug:

I just said you should read my posts. I believe you read everything in between and yes, as stated in my previous posts people make mistakes,which will always happen. It's the way we handle the mistakes that count and I'm glad your looking to positive things in your life. I'm sure we all do. That's what keeps everyone going in life. :-)

Hope you have a good day! and we will have a great cruise because I ALWAYS make it special for everyone especially our kids. Memories family and friends are very important to us. I always let things go but AFTER they're addressed and that's all I wanted to do here was to have my issues addressed. Yes, we got back our original room, yes, it could have been a mistake but a supervisor should know how people are being treated and talked too! and if you think that's coming from an angry person. I don't know what to tell you... I don't want it to happen to me or anyone else here again. NOT THE MISTAKE, AGAIN NOT THE MISTAKE The attitude and questions behind it. I hope everyone has a wonderful cruise and fond memories w/their families and friends.

I'm sorry you've been unhappy, OP. Please just enjoy your vacation and put all of this behind you....your health as well as the baby's health is sooooo much more important.

Unfortunately, without tracking down the other party or having access to client information, neither of you will factually know who requested those rooms first. Technology obviously failed to hold the room(s) for one of you, as you were both told they were available, and over time, the error was recognized. Thankfully for you, in the end, the cabins you desire are currently yours, you didn't show up at the terminal to discover the error like we oftentimes see on flights being overbooked. We can hope that the other party who also had that one cabin is also happy with your decision to request to stay as well.

Of course there are other things to speak to from this chat, and I *have* read every word carefully. I am not a cast member, yet really, adding any more perspectives is not supporting my respectful thoughts for the need to move on from the thread and put it to rest. :)

Remember...we're all looking forward to VACATION!! You have every right to voice your opinion. Now it's time to relax and unwind and enjoy the planning process as well. Do your best to not let other factors get in the way of that.

:grouphug:

::yes:: Very well said! I really think it's time to move on to happier things, like :mickeybar

But since I know. I will have them write done no not upgrade on my ressies.

Yes, mistakes do happen, I said that in my posts but when it does happen you just correct it nicely! You don't blame the other person and ask them personal questions.... and if someone wants to speak to a supervisor, you put them on the phone or take their number for a supervisor to call them back.

It's called COMMON COURTESY!

For the people who are pming me. Thanks! but your voice is not being heard. I know you don't want to be flamed but personally DISNEY HASN"T RESOLVE YOUR ISSUES and you should let others know. These are vacations and they are expensive! and there are other cruiselines besides Disneys that will accommadate you. :-) Why aren't the managers addressing these situations??
You know why because the managers aren't getting the messages.

Yelling at the person who is trying to amend your situation (whether or not to your satisification) is not common courtesy.

There are six secret porthole rooms on each ship. Booking for your cruise began 1/31/07. You looked to book in May. Logic would have it that those rooms were already taken.

I know I called on the 1/31/07 for a secret porthole room for a cruise sailing in March '08. I got the last on. Again, logic says those rooms were already booked.

No amount of screaming and crying to a castmember is acceptable behavior no matter what the situation is. They are there to provide customer service, not to be an outlet of your outrage.

I would consider myself very laid back. And I would probably react the same way. I don't understand the "polly-anna" type person whom I am sure never yells or gets upset. So what! CDJW was just trying to warn others and get in touch with a Supervisor - why do people feel the need to criticize her so harshly. Everyone has pretty much agreed the guy was totally rude to her - so why shouldn't she raise her voice in exasperation. It's called being human. I don't get this overwhelming sense of "anger" or "negativity" from her posts. I do however - sense something from the "polly-anna's" - the need to be superior or judgemental rather than looking at the real purpose/story of the post. My two cents.

"Now it's time to relax and unwind and enjoy the planning process as well. Do your best to not let other factors get in the way of that."

Yea!! Best comment yet! Relax, forgive, forget, and ENJOY!

But since I know. I will have them write done no not upgrade on my ressies.

Yes, mistakes do happen, I said that in my posts but when it does happen you just correct it nicely! You don't blame the other person and ask them personal questions.... and if someone wants to speak to a supervisor, you put them on the phone or take their number for a supervisor to call them back.

It's called COMMON COURTESY!

For the people who are pming me. Thanks! but your voice is not being heard. I know you don't want to be flamed but personally DISNEY HASN"T RESOLVE YOUR ISSUES and you should let others know. These are vacations and they are expensive! and there are other cruiselines besides Disneys that will accommadate you. :-) Why aren't the managers addressing these situations??
You know why because the managers aren't getting the messages.

You have tried several ways to make the case that Ron was intentionally offensive and rude. I don't buy it. I can accept that your initial reaction was, shock, anger and frustration that Disney made an error. I can also understand that Ron instantly became the focus of your anger as he was the one tasked with contacting you about the error.

It just isn't my experience that Disney staff is intentionally indifferent or rude. Maybe your frustration made it sound that way. I'm betting that Ron was more apologetic and sympathetic than you remember.

If you really think pursuing this, even after you received the resolution you asked for, is important then email this address.

DCL.Guest.Communications@disneycruise.com

I would suggest that you include a link to this thread in your post as well.

:goodvibes :goodvibes I really hope you have a great trip and a great year with your DC. You must be very busy...especially with getting ready for baby #5. I can see why you would be upset with your phone call after spending 2 days of your last vacation planning your next....I am glad you got your rooms back :goodvibes :goodvibes

You have tried several ways to make the case that Ron was intentionally offensive and rude. I don't buy it. I can accept that your initial reaction was, shock, anger and frustration that Disney made an error. I can also understand that Ron instantly became the focus of your anger as he was the one tasked with contacting you about the error.

It just isn't my experience that Disney staff is intentionally indifferent or rude. Maybe your frustration made it sound that way. I'm betting that Ron was more apologetic and sympathetic than you remember.

I have had fablous experiences with CM when booking our vacations however I recently had a horrible phone expereince with Grand Gatherings. They made a mistake and IMO the cm did not know how to fix it and became fustrated and IMO rude! Once the cm IMO was rude I said okay...thank you. I hung up and called back later...at that time I explained a mistake had been made and I needed it fix. The CM was great. I have no idea how everything went with the OP but even CM's can be rude occasionally. ;)

I totally understand where you are coming from OP. Disney is not always right and I don't get why people defend them all the time. :confused3 It's a huge organization with lots of people working for them. Mistakes will happen even if the name "DISNEY" is on the paperwork.
The distinction comes in how the mistakes are handled. Your mistake was handled poorly and for a person working on a phone in reservations to just assume that you would be thrilled with their upgrade and insult you when you aren't is not good customer service.

I've stayed in the secret porthole rooms twice. They really are perfect. They are quiet and in a great location. I would have been ticked if I got moved without being asked first and told where my new rooms were. And to go from the secret porthole locations to the 6100's is not only one floor up, it's on the complete other end of the ship.

I'm glad you got it resolved and I would write an email complaining about how it was handled.

CM's can be rude occasionally. ;)

I'm quite sure they can be, both intentionally and by accident. In this case I don't know what happened.

I do know that Ron was unlikely to be the person that created the mix-up in the first place and CJDJ might have have a better experience with him if she had acknowledged that fact with something along the lines of ....

"Ron, while this mix-up has really upset me, my anger is not directed at you. I realize you didn't create this situation and are graciously trying to make it right with a free upgrade. However I really want the rooms we booked and I'm going to ask you to use your Disney Magic to make that happen. Maybe you can offer the other guests you put in this room the upgrade you offered me. They might be thrilled to take it and all our problems will be solved."

CJDJ, no offence, but there is no way you can be sure you were the first to book these rooms! Could be that it was a computer error that showed the rooms as available, or maybe someone requested them only hours prior to when you booked and had them on hold. Of course, there is a chance you did book them first, but there is no way to find out, so I don't think it's fair that you just assume that you were the first to book them!

I don't remember when your cruise is but if it's before May, booking opened November 1st, and after May January 31st. I know when I booked my cruise November 1st, I originally booked a SPH, right when booking opened. An hour later I checked and they were all gone. I then moved my date to 2 weeks later since that cruise is leaving the day after my birthday. I called the next day, and on that cruise there were no more SPH available either. So, what I am trying to say is, those "Secret" rooms, aren't so secret ;) They are very popular, one of the most popular on the ship. I liked them for the closeness to the kids clubs aswell. I settled for a cat. 9 room instead.

Anyway, I am glad you got your rooms back. I really suggest you call DCL and have them add a "do not upgrade" to your ressies, because the same thing could happen again. Maybe even days before your cruise and maybe this time they won't be calling you and you'll find out about an upgrade you did not want at the port, when it's too late to change it!

.....call DCL and have them add a "do not upgrade" to your ressies, because the same thing could happen again. Maybe even days before your cruise and maybe this time they won't be calling you and you'll find out about an upgrade you did not want at the port, when it's too late to change it!

This is also a good reminder to all of us that contractually, they do have the right to move us around within a category as well. Certainly undesirable, but they can do it if it's "necessary".

This is also a good reminder to all of us that contractually, they do have the right to move us around within a category as well. Certainly undesirable, but they can do it if it's "necessary".

I guess that's what I don't get about this thread. DCL reserves the right to make all kinds of changes, room location being one. So all the speculation about who may or may not have had the rooms first and how the "mistake" was made doesn't really mean much. Not that I think they make a habit of doing so... but they can change your room location any time they want. The phone call to let the OP know was made as a courtesy.

I do know that when I worked in Customer Service, I would have to talk to CM's (in our case that was <credit> Card Members). They would yell at me and act just like this so I can tell you this isnt a isolated case. Folks seem to take it as their right to yell at whomever is on the phone with them and think that will make the person jump to do their bidding. I used to think do these people really think making me defensive and putting my back against the wall is going to make me give them more money or whatever it is they want. The truth is they knew that often the squeaky wheel gets the greese and you will try to do what they want just to get rid of them and get them off the phone.

I totally understand where you are coming from OP. Disney is not always right and I don't get why people defend them all the time. :confused3 It's a huge organization with lots of people working for them. Mistakes will happen even if the name "DISNEY" is on the paperwork.
The distinction comes in how the mistakes are handled. Your mistake was handled poorly and for a person working on a phone in reservations to just assume that you would be thrilled with their upgrade and insult you when you aren't is not good customer service.

I've stayed in the secret porthole rooms twice. They really are perfect. They are quiet and in a great location. I would have been ticked if I got moved without being asked first and told where my new rooms were. And to go from the secret porthole locations to the 6100's is not only one floor up, it's on the complete other end of the ship.

I'm glad you got it resolved and I would write an email complaining about how it was handled.

NOt to beat a dead horse....

but....

noone said that DCL was RIGHT--they just posted that they were within their rights. (Since OP erroneously referred to this as a BOC when it is not)

OP flew off the handle and posted in such a manner as to portray that Disney is out to ruin vacations--they are not. There was an error, they attempted to fix it. Her candor in essentially telling people they need to read her posts, wasn't very nice either--but understandable as she is upset trying to convey how she was wronged and trying to communicate that in such a manner. I am sure she didn't expect for anyone to logically see the flip side of the problem...somewhere out there someone was in the process of getting their vacation plans toasted just to make her happy. Now it would incredibly ironic to see a praise post from a new DISer saying that although they were disappointed, they decided to make the best of things since their room that they booked as soon as it was released was accidentally double booked.

Everyone agreed that the customer service was apalling. The CM''s were not placed on a pedestal. Their behavior was downright rude.

OP was mad that it took 2 days to remedy---if there was another family booked into the stateroom...I'm sure Disney was busy notiftying them and then rectifying their reservation to their satisfication.

OP admitted to yelling--but is trying to make that come off as not directing anger towards the CM (or however it was worded). If one has to raise their voice, they've lost control of themselves. I am guilty of this on a daily basis in my "regular" life. As a CSR phone agent--I am unable to raise my voice at customers (for good reason)--but some do deserve to be hung up at times. (admittedly I have done that once b/c the customer was a royal hiney and I'd rather get in trouble for that than really going off on him....I never did get in trouble). Customer Service does not equate to a doormat opportunity. I am always within my rights to determine if a customer is too rude to deal with especially if they get hostile as the one guy did with me. I have been in CS for 15 years now--and I have only refused to deal with 2 customers--one in a grocery store (too much innuendo so I got my manager and he completed the sale and pretty much kicked the guy out of the store) and the one hang up call.

People simply offered suggestions on how the call could have gone better. Would that have prevented teh rude comments---who knows? But it is easier to deal with a non-yelling but upset customer in trying to make things better than one who thinks it is their God given right to speak to a CSR in an unsuitable and inappropriate manner.

The thread went on the tangent to defend Disney only b/c OP claimed breach of contract. There was no breach. They made a boo boo--they tried to fix it, but not to her satisifaction.

Everyone wished her well on her vacation...no hard feelings towards her.

Most folks don't care one way or the other about money on their vacation (well except maybe that it costs too darn much!)--but sometimes errors happen and products or services are offered to make things right when you are unable to remedy the situation in the desired manner.

For example-what if the other family who had those rooms booked already---raised an equal if not greater stink? In the end if Disney offered nothing to make it right---ultimately one party would have cancelled. Thankfully for the OP the other family took the high road.

Is the horse dead enough, yet?

I guess because you have spoken obviously the horse must have died. This completely shows your need to be right AND to have the final word.

I will stand on - she did nothing wrong in her phone call and nor did she post anything offensive. I wish you well and peace - I hope that makes everything all better.

Little bit of breathe left in the horse.

I guess because you have spoken obviously the horse must have died. This completely shows your need to be right AND to have the final word.

I will stand on - she did nothing wrong in her phone call and nor did she post anything offensive. I wish you well and peace - I hope that makes everything all better.

Little bit of breathe left in the horse.

She did nothing wrong???? How about rereading her posts. Lets start with number one. She threaten the CM by saying she "will post what happened to me on every DisneyDis board that I know of!" It may not sound like much but it's a threat. We all know that these boards are monitored and any negative feedback, true or false, could jeopardize a CM's job.

How about post number three where she states that she was "yelling and nearly in tears". What is right about yelling at a CM that is trying to rectify an error made on their part? The situation could have been worse without the curtesy call and the OP learning that the rooms were double booked at the pier.

I could go on and on but I won't. We are only hearing one side of the story. I'm sure that if we were to hear from the CM, the truth would lie somewhere in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter