• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BEWARE Disney Reservations may be calling you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, we all learned a lesson that everyone repeats on another cruise message board. If you dont want to be upgraded you should have your TA put "DO NOT UPGRADE" on your reservation. Otherwise they figure you are fair game. Just put it on your reservation if you really mean it. Your TA will do it.

CJDJ..

No one here can know what happened on the phone but judging by your tone in this thread and your admission that you yelled at them, I am inclined to believe you were your own worst enemy in this matter.

I made reservations for next year on the boat while I was on my previous cruise. Noone had these rooms. That's why I booked them. Then Over a month later I get a phone call stating I should have never had these rooms because they were already booked (but I don't believe that. If that was the case, they wouldn't have been able to give me the rooms and I already put the deposit on it over a month ago) Then out of the blue I get this phone call.

Actually most of us seem to understand perfectly.

This is not pants btw. This is more like my lowe's experience. I paid for carpt--it was promised within a certain amount of time--that passed....then it was promised in another set amount of time...then that passed....then they booked it for installation complet with date and vendor calling me to verify as well as lowe's making sure to call to make sure I was aware I had been scheduled.....all for nothing since the carpet was never available to install. (it was sitting on a truck in GA). At that point, nothing could make it good, so I cancelled. I was within my rights to do so...and yes I did yell at the mgr (who had about had enough of me). I then stuck my husband on them b/c I understood CLEARLY that I was way over the top upset about it and wasn't going to get anywhere with my attitude.

You booked a room--disney made a boo boo....they allowed a remedy that permitted you to keep your room. DCL is not out to get cruisers. They found a mistake--they fixed it.

After reading all of this I find it interesting that no one seems to have thought that perhaps the OP was actually the FIRST person to book these rooms and that the error could have occurred AFTER she booked. It is possible that she had the rooms first and then somehow Disney booked them again. Yes, Disney has the right to change your room, etc but maybe the other folks who also had this room turned Disney down. You never know...

No--we don't have the facts..but by OP's own explanation..it seems she should have never been given the rooms in the first place--b/c they had been promised to someone else.

What came first...the chicken or the egg?

The other party that was also promised the room had a right to be upset, but OP is too consumed with her vacation to realize that 2 parties got screwed and Disney was trying to make it better. Her fuming got her her room back...but she doesn't realize that perhaps the other family--may have been upset as well.

Mistakes happen...for pete's sake these are computers that humans created.

I still agree that the unprofessional comments were uncalled for.

I think people on this thread may have been more sympathetic if you just would have spoken in generalities. I think the problem is some of us (I am guilty) were thinking about the problem and the outcome, not (what I think) was the reason the you posted.... which was to tell us you were upset with a CM. I think most of us agree, the CM was not very nice (to say the least). I also think that you could definitely call and try to get a supervisor, I for one know that I would never want to be spoken to that way.

Good luck with the baby, and I am happy that you did get your original cabin back.

I was just yelling at Rog on the phone ...
Oh, that's classy! :rolleyes: I would call that "raging." Hardly the best way to get something taken care of. Sorry, but there isn't any breach of contract involved.

Sorry CJDJ for your hassle - makes you wonder why they even allow you to pick a room if they can't guarantee that you will keep it. Just the way it is I guess.

I find it funny that you just wanted to vent about your circumstances and how you felt you were treated wrongly and in return you received an entire breakdown of everything you did wrong in handling the situation. We all know the right way to act when it happens to somebody else but who knows how any one of us would act if these exact same circumstances happened to us. I think you did just fine in getting what you felt you were deserved - and it sounds like you would not have been successful had you not done all that you did. I'm sure your family is very thankful!!

Good luck to you and have a Wonder-ful cruise!!

Sorry CJDJ for your hassle - makes you wonder why they even allow you to pick a room if they can't guarantee that you will keep it. Just the way it is I guess.

I find it funny that you just wanted to vent about your circumstances and how you felt you were treated wrongly and in return you received an entire breakdown of everything you did wrong in handling the situation. We all know the right way to act when it happens to somebody else but who knows how any one of us would act if these exact same circumstances happened to us.

To be honest 99% of cruisers hope for an upgrade. But if you do not want to be upgraded, you can add that request to the reservation. It may not always be honored. Things do happen. I'm sure that DCL thought that they were calling the OP with fabulous news. And I'm sure it surprised the CM when the OP was so unhappy about the upgrade that she screamed and cried at him. I think the assumption that most of us would like a better room is one that most everyone would make. I bet the CM was so taken by surprise that he had a difficult time trying to figure out what to say.

In no way am I judging the OP. She was the only one on the call besides the CM. But, I don't think that it is wrong for people to give their suggestions on how it might be better handled in the future. If you are going to post a situation on a board, you better be ready for suggestions. I'm no saint, but I have never in my 44 years, screamed, yelled, or cried at anyone in a customer service roll. I hope most people can contain themselves better than that. If you do not like what they are saying and seem to be getting no where with the person, end the conversation and call back.

I was the first one booked on the cruise. I booked on 5/4. So somewhere between 5/4 and 6/22 They got a call and gave it to someone else then seen that someone (me) actually already booked this room already and no I don't want an upgrade because we need to be near the Children and we love the location. If I was married and didn't have kids or the kids were much older it wouldn't be a big deal. People need to read the posts before posting a response. I yelled at Rog and I wasn't screaming and crying (so get that out of your heads) I said I was near tears. I just think it was handled Very poorly and next time I will have no upgrades added to my ressie. Now that I know it. I wasn't aware I was taking a potluck cruise.

It was never yours to begin with. Duhhhhhh, I made a reservation and have a confirmation that says otherwise!

Ron could have called and said you have so and so rooms for next year. I'm calling because Disney somehow overbooked and was wondering if you'd accept an upgrade to another room.

Not.....

Hi!

I'm just letting you know your in room 6116 and 6118 (not sure if they were they exact room numbers) and when I said what's going on these aren't the rooms I wanted and his response is Well, they were never yours to begin with! I was Very taken back (and no I didn't yell at him for all you Disney workers or sensitive people out there) I told him this is not what I wanted and that I'm going to talk to my husband and I will call him back but he went on from there saying well, I'm sitting here scratching my head wondering why you wouldn't want an upgrade. I still talked to him and said I have four small children and need to be near the children's activities and the location is perfect (for everyone who has something negative to say about that) These staterooms are perfect if you have small kids it's off to the side and there's no traffic there. So while the kids are napping or I'm nursing (Yes, I'll be nursing so Yes, I'll be in there quite a bit NOT like it's Ron's business and there is absolutely no noise over there and no traffic to deal with it's perfect!) So, after I tell him my husband and I want to be near our kids. He says, ok so you mean to tell me.. you and your husband will be staying in those rooms the whole time while your kids are in the Children's activities. I got off the phone and spoke to my husband called back and spoke to Rog who then said I have to speak with Ron again. I didn't want to speak to Ron because he was just too noisy for me not to mention rude. I then asked to speak to a supervisor Rog said she and Ron are both supervisors it was just one big run around. I said well then I want to speak to a manager and she refused that's when I yelled not screamed and cried (read the posts) that's when I yelled at her and said I can't believe you guys actually get away with this and I want to speak to a manager. She put me on hold picked up the phone and said,"you got your rooms back. You got what you wanted so you don't need to speak to a supervisor." Just totally uncalled for. Yes, I got my rooms backs but after alot of nonsense and they shouldn't have been taken away to begin with and I didn't need all that drama from either one of them.
It's not like they done us any favors. We had the room first and we would have been doing them a favor by getting out of it for them to give it to the person THEY overbooked NOT me and as for Disney making mistakes Absolutely! That wasn't the issue and if they called and said they overbooked and gave me an option, I would have discussed it with my husband. Not These rooms were never yours to begin with. We're putting you in these rooms and on and on... that was uncalled for and call to speak to a supervisor. I did that already. They won't put them on the phone. So that's that! I just hope they leave us alone now.

:-) Carol

Both the staterooms you mentioned are Verandah Rooms.
I would have taken it! :confused3

Just one deck higher... :confused3

Peter

You got it! Well, I EXPECT alot of backlash from my post. People aren't reading it correctly and alot of people on these boards Work for Disney which is in my favor because I want it to go back to Disney reservation since I didn't get a chance to speak w/someone higher up. Maybe a supervisor will get wind of it and Actually address they way it was handled. Why do people need to be near elevators, why do they have to go on Halloween, why do people need to have verandahs?? Why?????? Well, I would love to see posts from all these people when Disney takes away your verandah and gives you something else that they think is ok and says well, it Never belonged to you in the first place (when you actually booked it) and they tell you well were giving you an upgrade but no verandah. What's the problem? Your getting an upgrade!! I'm siting here scratching my head wondering What's the problem, what are you and your husband going to be on the verandah the whole cruise???

:-) Now maybe someone just got it!!! lol

or screaming and Disney wasn't helping they actually just moved me and said it was never mine to begin with.....and all those unnecessary comments. If Disney makes a mistake just fix it! Don't turn around and actually blame it on the other person.. What's that about?

Carol,
I can sympathise with you for wanting to let others know what happened. We have been the victims of a couple of Disney SNAFUs and it can be extremely frustrating. We always felt that Disney had incredible Customer Service but through DCL we have learned this is not the case.

We have enjoyed our Disney cruises but after this last problem with booking our 11 day MEd cruise, combined with the issues from the last cruise, I don't think DH will ever book a DCL cruise again. I won't go into details (to avoid being flamed). Suffice it to say there was no attempt whatsoever to remedy the situation even after it was presented to them in a calm, rational manner by us and our TA.

I do hope you can put aside the issues and have a great cruise. You and your family deserve the best time.

ENJOY,
S.

The reservation was made onboard the Magic them a little over a month ...... If it was booked onboard doesn't it show up booked by the Reservation Dept also?

I haven't read all the replies yet, but I will let you know that a large group of reservations that were made on board the Magic on my November cruise...DID NOT GO THROUGH! So there are computer issues (or human error in using the computer) with booking on board. Not only that, when I booked over the phone with DCL for the Panama Canal cruise (a day that was a living nightmare for the CM's I'm sure), I discovered later in the day that my reservation didn't go through, though I had a confirmation number and an assigned cabin. After two days of dealing with a supervisor, they did re-instate my reservation AND at the rate I booked, but I lost my stateroom and had to be put on GTY. So, booking errors do happen and they do their best to resolve them...but sometimes you do have to push them a bit.

I was soooo upset. I was just yelling at Rog on the phone and practically in tears. It took us two days on our cruise to finally get this reservation and it's sooo much more than money when you have to plan for a family of seven. Just to have soemone say," Well, it was never yours to begin with." After is was booked for over two months. I really want a manager to talk with Ron regarding the way this was handled. As soon as I say breech of contract or I'm letting other people know what's going on. Oh, you got your room back! You got what you wanted.

Sorry, you did say practically in tears.

I just wanted to let others know what happened and I hope there's someone on the boards that actually has some influence. So, it makes a difference w/their customer service..

My husband was taken back when he heard me say no, we're not going to be staying in our rooms the whole cruise. He said,"Ca, what are they asking you? Just cancel it!

I could just imagine what they did to you....

Is it possibly a computer error? How does the reservation system onboard connect to the main reservation system on land? It could be possible that someone did book the staterooms the day before you did but if the computers aren't linked, it wasn't showing while you were on-board & at sea yet. Or even the opposite could have happened. Maybe you booked first but it didn't show in the DCL reservation system until the ship came back to Cape Canaveral and linked their computer system to the main system. Unfortunately by that time, someone else could have called and reserved them before the ship returned.

There is alot of different senerios as to why 2 different groups were booked into the same staterooms.

I can understand being angry at how the CM handled it. On the bright side, they did call you now and you were able to get it fixed before getting to the Port and getting a "surprise".

I can understand not wanting to be upgraded too. We always book a Cat 6 and I did not want to be upgraded to a Cat 4 at all since it seemed they were all under the pools/deck parties so I did have it noted DO NOT UPGRADE on my ressies. That does not mean they can not change my stateroom at all to another in the same Category though. What happens if something puts the stateroom out of service? Let's face it, the stateroom is not "yours", it belongs to DCL. The contract states they will put you in the category you reserved (or better).

I hope this is the only problem you have with the upcoming cruise. :goodvibes

But since I know. I will have them write done no not upgrade on my ressies.

Yes, mistakes do happen, I said that in my posts but when it does happen you just correct it nicely! You don't blame the other person and ask them personal questions.... and if someone wants to speak to a supervisor, you put them on the phone or take their number for a supervisor to call them back.

It's called COMMON COURTESY!

For the people who are pming me. Thanks! but your voice is not being heard. I know you don't want to be flamed but personally DISNEY HASN"T RESOLVE YOUR ISSUES and you should let others know. These are vacations and they are expensive! and there are other cruiselines besides Disneys that will accommadate you. :-) Why aren't the managers addressing these situations??
You know why because the managers aren't getting the messages.

but I will let you know that a large group of reservations that were made on board the Magic on my November cruise...DID NOT GO THROUGH! So there are computer issues (or human error in using the computer) with booking on board.

We also had some serious issues when we rebooked onboard last Thanksgiving. When we got home, I checked our ressies (2 different cruises at the time) and found out that one had been completely canceled, and the date had been changed and the wrong cabin assigned on the second one. It took over half an hour on the phone with a supervisor to get everything straightened out. I also read of many others who had problems last Fall, and I know that the CM handling the sales desk was new. It could be that the CM onboard did not do things correctly and the reservation was not entered correctly, even though you had a printed confirmation. We had confirmations for both of our cruises, but even though they showed correct info, the info in the reservation system was different.

I do think that the DCL reps could have handled the situation better than they did. I'm glad to hear you finally got what you wanted and I hope you have a great cruise.

I was the first one booked on the cruise. I booked on 5/4. So somewhere between 5/4 and 6/22 They got a call and gave it to someone else then seen that someone (me) actually already booked this room already and no I don't want an upgrade because we need to be near the Children and we love the location.

Please correct me if I am wrong but the last date booking opened was 1/31/07. So it is very possible that if you booked on 5/4 that a person could of attempted to book those same rooms before you.

I do understand the upset. I don't understand the unwillingness tolook at the fact that it may have been an error and you may not have been the first to book the rooms.

I understand wanting a certain room when traveling with kids I don't understand not looking at all the possibilties.

I understand being upset with what the CM said to you but again I don't understand your not being able to look at the human side of the issue. I agree with past posters that the CM were taken aback with your reaction and just didn't know what to say.

You have said things to my post which other would find offensive and if that is how you treated the CM I can understand their reactions as well. I just hope you can let it go and enjoy your vacation. If you can't DCL will not do anything right while you are on the cruise and your Husban may be right and cancleing may be in order. It alot of money to spend just to be angry the whole time.

I an understanding being angry beyond angry. The Post person decided we had moved when we had out wood floors refinished and sent I mail back to the senders. (Even though we were coming by daily to pick up the mail) I was told that it was their right to do this and that was that. But my ranting did nothing but make me sick. They evewn sent our DCL Airline tickets backs. Thank God we got them sent to us. DCL called to find out what had happened. The point being is stuff happens and we can choise to hang on to it and be unhappy or we can try to look at what our blessing are and move on.

You have your rooms be happy and have a great time with your family. The kids will not be small for long. Enjoy them now because it gets more diffiucult as the grow and develop over time. I don't think any of the poster have intended to hurt you including myself. I am just blow away with the level of angry I feel in each of your post and hope that you can move past it.

This will be the last post I will make on this thead as I can not cope with the negativity. Today I will opt to look for more positive things in my life as I already have too much that is out of my control. Take care and have a wonderful vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter