Beverly at Club Cool

One of our favorite things to do is hang out at Club Cool and watch the unsuspecting guests try Beverly. :lmao: Priceless.

I really want to know the name of the soda company executive who took a dose of quinine and then thought it should be made into a fizzy drink for the masses? :confused3 What's next...amoxicillin flavored soda? At least that would be pink. :rotfl2:

DOOM1001 said:
Was it colored red at World of Coke because I really did see it on a show and it was not clear.

Dh said it was more clear but with a blue tinge? Idk.

I edited my post with more info but in my extensive 10 minute search I find a lot of

• "Where can I find Beverly?"
  • "Has anyone ever seen Beverly outside Epcot or World of Coke?"
  • "I've asked all my relatives in Italy and they have never heard of it"

Oh to add to the plot the page that pic was on is gone and Why is the monkey wearing a tin foil hat?

They've never heard of it in Italy because it's not CALLED Beverly in Italy. Well strictly speaking the Coke version is, but the Coke version is rarer then you'd think. Campari has been making "Campari Soda" for over 80 years in Italy and this is the drink Beverly attempts to imitate. Why do they imitate it you ask? Real Campari soda is alcoholic. It's red color comes from Campari (the alcoholic beverage, not the company) which is an alcoholic apéritif with 20.5% alcohol per volume. Campari has been a basis for many alcoholic mixers since it's invention in the 1800s. The Campari Soda has a tamer 10% alcohol per volume mixture. Obviously Coca-Cola does not produce alcoholic drinks. As a result they have often taken key ingredients from Campari Soda, save for the actual Campari, and thus what we know as Beverly is white in the US mix as it is no longer alcoholic.

Hopefully this isn't more then you'd ever want to know about Beverly. LOL

For more adventures in italian soft drinks try a chinotto such as Brio (available in Canada) or Fanta Chinotto the Coca-Cola version direct from Italy.
2743657233_cef205a1d6.jpg

I am a fan of Campari Soda as I spent my summers with family in Italy so I also love Beverly. Chinotto is an even more aquired taste with even more bitter properties. If you want to trick people, Beverly is TAME compared to this.

Folks, over at the DISDad's thread, we have a little friendly competition as to who can drink the most Beverly.

Up until last week, the record (and a modest one at that) was 6....

Here's my entry as of last Thursday at noon.

Sorry DW had her finger over the mic for part of it... unintentional I assure you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrxkgjtAXKA

wow, that's a lot of beverly. I felt a little sick watching you! but congrats!

I got a little caught up watching other youtube videos of people trying beverly for the first time - that's funny stuff! :lmao:

Haha thanks for that - enjoyed the video :goodvibes

Congratulations ;)

Drink up! My DS and I love Beverly. (and we like the Italian soda, too...) ;)

Like watching a train wreck. Hard to look away. Congrats!

Pretty good, Brian, congratulations. Looked like you were prepping for a colonoscopy. :laughing:

wow, that's a lot of beverly. I felt a little sick watching you! but congrats!

I got a little caught up watching other youtube videos of people trying beverly for the first time - that's funny stuff! :lmao:

Thanks folks...

Sorry, didn't mean for this thread to get derailed into "Where can you get Beverly?", "Is Beverly real?" or "Is Beverly Modified?"

It's just a friendly competition we have at the DISDad's clubhouse (here on the disboards and at disdads.com". And in the competition we drink the Beverly (or as close a facsimile of Beverly) that they have a Club Cool in Epcot.... Real or not, it's very bitter, and hard to swallow.

I enjoy Beverly - I've developed quite the taste for it after so many visits to the World of Coke. I really enjoy gulping down cups of the stuff in front of people and watching their reaction. Beverly at WOC has a different label on the soda fountain, but it is also clear (and tastes the same). Not sure why they'd do this if it is in fact actually red in Italy (if you can find it in Italy), as there are sodas of all different shades and colors there to try...

I was just in Epcot and visited Club Cool multiple times just to drink the Beverly. One guy accused me of lying after I said that I liked it :P

It's an acquired taste and very similar to tonic water.

Beverly at WOC has a different label on the soda fountain, but it is also clear (and tastes the same). Not sure why they'd do this if it is in fact actually red in Italy (if you can find it in Italy), as there are sodas of all different shades and colors there to try...

Didn't read my post huh? The red color comes from the alcohol used it it. Alcoholic soda kind of isn't prevelant on this side of the world.

Didn't read my post huh? The red color comes from the alcohol used it it. Alcoholic soda kind of isn't prevelant on this side of the world.

That makes no sense. red coloring comes from food dye ,fruit, something red, etc, not from 'alcohol'. Campari seems to be more of a brand than a type of drink from what I can find. But I get that it might be like a kleenex type situation.

I have never heard of Coca Cola making alcoholic drinks anywhere in the world..... Every indication out there shows that Beverly is indeed a non-alcoholic drink in Italy....... so again - why is it not red at WOC and Epcot?

I found the Beverly product page for Coca-Cola HBC Italia. That's a bottling company - looks like they bottle and distribute coke products in Italy and elsewhere in Europe. Looks like a legit site. I cannot post the link because I do not have enough posts, so here is an exact quote of the info on it:

"Nell’aprile del 1969 a Milano viene presentato Beverly, il frizzante aperitivo analcolico rosso che con il suo gusto leggermente amaro è ideale per accompagnare patatine e stuzzichini nel rito dell’aperitivo.

Oggi puoi trovare Beverly al bar nella bottiglia in vetro da 10 cl, e negli ipermercati e supermercati nella confezione da 6 bottiglie in vetro da 10 cl."

analcolico means non-alcoholic. It's also red and they have a picture of red beverly in a clear glass bottle. hmm. the mystery continues. I'd love to find Beverly in a real store or bar. No hint of it when I was in Italy.

So this is too good. Another Beverly thread was up so I had to search for older posts. Not ONLY do i totally LOVE tonic (especially with a good Jamaican rum!) I bet I could stomach this drink.... Been to Epcot several times and I'm kicking myself for never going to Club Cool. Where is it located?

My step-mom is named Beverly and she is SUCH a good sport about having tricks played on her, we'll be in Epcot together this summer... you know where this is going.... *evil grin*

So this is too good. Another Beverly thread was up so I had to search for older posts. Not ONLY do i totally LOVE tonic (especially with a good Jamaican rum!) I bet I could stomach this drink.... Been to Epcot several times and I'm kicking myself for never going to Club Cool. Where is it located?

My step-mom is named Beverly and she is SUCH a good sport about having tricks played on her, we'll be in Epcot together this summer... you know where this is going.... *evil grin*

It is located, on your right hand side, as you are heading out of Future World towards World Showcase, just passed the Fountainview Ice Cream shop that is being refurb'ed to become a Starbucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter