Beverages at ASMO

kanatamom

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

We are headed for WDW soon and will be staying onsite for the first time at ASMO. Free QSDP was included in our package but we upgraded to the regular Dining Plan. I know that refillable mugs are NOT included in this. My question is, how much does coffee, Iced Tea and Soda cost in the food court? I can't find this info anywhere. We will probably use the food court for breakfast(OOP) and snacks but will be in the parks for most other meals. Is it worth purchasing the refillable mug? I know it can only be used at ASMO.

We are also considering ordering a few groceries including bottled water from Garden Grocer. Is this worth doing, considering we are doing DDP. We have requested a fridge in our room.

Any thoughts?

We really like having the refillable mugs. I guess the value depends on how many days you'll be staying and how often you'd use them per day.

Free refill items available for mugs at ASMo (from All Ears website) include:
Coke, Diet Coke, Caffeine Free Diet Coke, Cherry Coke, Pink Lemonade, Barq's Root Beer, Sprite, Nestea Unsweetened Iced Tea, Nescafe Coffee, Nescafe Decaf Coffee, Water (Hot or Cold), Hot Chocolate, and assorted teas.

I can't quote a recent cost for a drink but I think it is around $2.50. You can very quickly get your value back with the refillable mug.

I haven't used the dining plan yet but folks seem to report having more than enough food and often ending up with credits remaining. I wouldn't order much from Garden Grocer. Water is always a good idea and if you have them include a styro cooler, you can save the daily charge on a fridge.

Peg

Hi Everyone,

We are headed for WDW soon and will be staying onsite for the first time at ASMO. Free QSDP was included in our package but we upgraded to the regular Dining Plan. I know that refillable mugs are NOT included in this. My question is, how much does coffee, Iced Tea and Soda cost in the food court? I can't find this info anywhere. We will probably use the food court for breakfast(OOP) and snacks but will be in the parks for most other meals. Is it worth purchasing the refillable mug? I know it can only be used at ASMO.

We are also considering ordering a few groceries including bottled water from Garden Grocer. Is this worth doing, considering we are doing DDP. We have requested a fridge in our room.

Any thoughts?

I am confused. Are you staying in a Family Suite or a regular room? If you are in a regular room, do you realize that you are over the allowed occupancy of that room, they only allow 4 plus one under the age of 3 in a crib. If this is the case one person will not have a KTTW card for dining plan credits and EMH admission etc. Also you are at risk for Disney intervening.

To answer your question, I don't remember the cost of the refills, but we felt our refillable mugs to be a good value.

Good Luck

I have reserved two connecting rooms. I just didn't think I needed to mention it as my question concerns the food court mostly. I should probably post it on the dining forum.

I have reserved two connecting rooms. I just didn't think I needed to mention it as my question concerns the food court mostly. I should probably post it on the dining forum.

You must specify every. single. detail. of your arrangements in each and every post you make pertaining to an upcoming trip or risk being asked questions, even if they have nothing to do with what you posted about. That's the Dis for 'ya... ;)

I can't imagine not getting the refillable mugs. They cost $13.xx and if you buy 5 or 6 individual soda/coffees you've paid that much. Plus it's so convenient to just be able to refill whenever and not worry about having a few bucks to get a drink, kwim?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter