Beverage at qs meals at resorts?

PrincessArlena'sDad

DIS Veteran
Now they they no longer allow subs for beverages, what have people been getting for qs meals at resorts when they also have the resort mug?

When we went, our sons usually got milk and didn't use their mugs for meals. The rest of us got bottled water and carried it into the next park we went to.

Is this new? I was there 1/31-2/8 and was able to sub out my drink at Pop every time. I also swapped my beverage for a fruit cup at Capt. Cook's.

Is this new? I was there 1/31-2/8 and was able to sub out my drink at Pop every time. I also swapped my beverage for a fruit cup at Capt. Cook's.

It's sort of new. The wording for being able to swap the drink for a snack item has been removed from the brochures. So this is now a hit or miss. Assumption is most of the resorts will still allow it, but no guarantees. Have seen at least one report where one person was told no and another was able to do the swap at the same restaurant within about a week of each other. So it may even depend on which CM is at the register when you go to check out.

I would definetly get the bottled water to bring with me to parks. Also, as someone said grabbing the milks in place works good to keep in your fridge. Then sometimes at breakfast we would just get a pastry for a snack credit and had the milk to go with for the kids -- they love the cinnamon rolls in the morning. Now that the setup is a little different with the extra snack credit/dessert not at QS, it makes so much more sense to use a snack credit at breakfast, as you still have some for goodies later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter