Between the BLs (Biggest Loser) Summer Challenge 2010 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've done my physical therapy excercises several times today. Plus I've got one of my 12 pound hand weights on the floor next to the bed and I did a bunch of arm, back and shoulder work. I also have a resistance band that I will incorporate. I'm not sure how I'll get in 20 minutes of exercise each and every day for the COW, but I am determined to try. :)

Friday's QOTD is a 2 part question: Today was our first weigh in of the challenge. What was your biggest CHALLENGE last week in your weight loss journey, and what step(s) can you take to remove it? AND what was your biggest VICTORY, and how did you make it happen?

My biggest challenge was just getting into the mindset to get started. I knew the weekend would be a big bust, so I had to be extra on top of things when I was able to begin on Tuesday. My biggest challenge is going to be weekends. I like to go out with friends, and my family and I like to go out to eat a LOT. I think I just need to find the willpower to eat better when we do go out.

My biggest victory was the 2.6 pound loss considering I only started on Tuesday! I made it happen by cooking at home rather than eating out and keeping track of everything on SparkPeople.

This sounds familiar....only I'm a Flyers fan! I've been drowning my sorrow in homemade ice cream but hopefully I won't have to do that anymore. Can't wait til the puck drops on Game 4!

This series has been so intense so far! It's been a roller coaster of emotions!

My biggest CHALLENGE is that I have a mental block going on. I have not gotten my mind into this challenge yet. I can give a million reasons as to why it has happened (too busy, stress from not having a job in a week, last week of school, etc) but I really think it is that I have reached a point where I am not embarrassed to look in the mirror any more. I know that I would like to lose about 10-15 more pounds but I have gotten lazy and have thoughts such as "I could accept this weight" or "I have worked so hard that I deserve to stop for a while". I know that in some ways it is alright to just maintain a bit but I think I would be happier if I just buckled down and lost the last bit of weight.

My biggest VICTORY has been that I wore a bikini this week and was comfortable in it! :woohoo: Even though I haven't really lost any weight the past couple of weeks, I am still really losing inches and toning up from all the running I do. I didn't think I would ever see the day where I could wear a bikini again!

Jen

Jen- wow a bikini that is so great. You go girl:thumbsup2 I am not sure even when I do loose all the weight if I could get the confidence up for that. Im impressed. You will go through times of feeling like just forgetting it all especially when you get close to your goal, but keep trying to remind yourself how youve gotten there and how bad you dont want to have to do it all over again. As long as you are maintaining its good but dont get to comfortable or the weight will slowly creep back up on you. I had this happen so much over the past 10 years. Look at the bright side too your losing the inches so you must be doing something right!

Very well said, had to quote it! I've added this to my page of motivating quotes:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Wow half the time no one every listens to what I have to say, Im always the one who starts to talk and then I have to be like "hello is anyone listening to me" so for you to actually quote me I feel so proud. Glad to add to your page.

I will know that my toes are painted hot pink! :rotfl: Actually, I will do my fingernails too and people will see those! I am all about the outfit when it comes to racing and plan it out weeks in advance! :rotfl2:

I am all about the outfit too. I am hoping to loose enough weight to look good in a running skirt for the princess 1/2. Also Im hoping its not too cold to wear a skirt too.

Good morning all,

I am down 4 lbs which seems unbelievable, must have been retaining something last week!!
:cool1::cool1: Awesome loss!!! Congrats!
My biggest CHALLENGE is that I have a mental block going on. I have not gotten my mind into this challenge yet.My biggest VICTORY has been that I wore a bikini this week and was comfortable in it! :woohoo:
Jen
You'll get your focus back. As soon as your are done with all your end of the year stuff, you'll have a little more time. And a bikini? :worship:
I don't have one really. I just keep visualizing the air stewardess going to get the seat belt extender on our flight to LA in August. :eek:
Great motivation!

I am already late so this will be quick. Down 2 pounds. :cool1: Slow and steady will win my weight loss race!!!
Great job Jude!!!!

Biggest challenge--my brain/thinking. I had convinced myself this was as much as I could do, and I was never going to be a normal weight. I just kept doing what I've been doing, exercising and eating as healthy as I could. I had one slip up meal on Thursday, but it was a conscious choice at that time, so I'm ok with that. Biggest victory--finishing the run last night in the heat and getting up this morning to go the Y.
You are doing so very well Rose! I hope to be in the bikini club... well... soon!
You are so prepared! You will be terrific!

I'm down just about 3lbs which is good I guess, considering the weekend parties. I feel like it should be more but I'm in no hurry, this is a lifestyle change NOT a quick fix!!! I just have to stick with it!!! :thumbsup2
You are showing serious dedication and determination. 3 pounds is terrific!

I had a great week -- 4.5 pounds down and a brand new shiny clippie. :woohoo: Just have to keep up the momentum through the summer to get to ONE-derland! :cool1:

Today I am a little nostalgic as my elementary school volunteering "career" is coming to an end. :sad1: I've worked in DS' class every week for 5 years and today is the last day.

You are sooo on a roll. Finished last challenge strong. This will be yours, I feel it! And :hug: for the end of an era. They can be hard!

A big BL :welcome: for our newest member, wdwfan6! :cool1:
:woohoo:
I know I'm crazy, but...there is a half-marathon tomorrow here in our new town. While the longest walk I have taken lately is only 6 miles, I signed-up anyway!! :scared1: I'm not shooting for a good time, just to finish.
What determination!!! I am so excited for you!!! You will do great!
I'm down 1.5 this week, which is good enough for me. Slow and steady...
Biggest challenge last week: Visiting family.
Biggest victory: Getting through my C25K runs. I am a terrible runner.
I know what you mean about the family. Mine is not filled with healthy eaters, either. And isn't the feeling of accomplishment HUGE when you are done? I might have to check out listening to the podcasts, too.

Phew!
Well - this week I'm going to be in the 'gainers' group... up 1.5 lbs--which was actually a pleasant thing as I was expecting more since I came back late yesterday from a 3 day Youth Conference. There were too many clouds to see the sun rise--but I was quite teary for those last few hundred feet--the best and hardest 45 minutes I've had in a long time :)
Liz, sounds like a great experience! You'll be back on track in no time!

I'm in the gainers group this week too....only about a half a pound but I think it has kicked me in gear to do better this next week.
You can do it. You are such an inspiration. Maybe the challenge actually getting going again will get us in high gear!

Even so, I did get in a 1/2 marathon on Saturday and three runs with friends besides that so I logged about 25 miles last week. I'm tapering this week for a marathon so I need to find other exercise between now and June 13.

That is amazing! I am just in awe of you half runners! I die at the end of 5.5 miles! Try to do what you can with keeping up, but it is really hopping around here. If you can answer QOTD and read others for motivation, it will help!

Bra? If you're large up top and you want the bounce to STOP, you want the Enell bra. www.enell.com. It is expensive, but it's the best there is. And, it'll last forever. (I have seriously had mine for 10 years and they're still in great shape.)
I need to check these out! Sound wonderful!
I'm down 2 pounds this week and I'm honestly suprised. i was sure I would at best stay the same. My biggest challenge this week has been finding time to exercise. In fact I haven't gotten to exercise at all this week. I keep using my kids as an excuse but really it's just me being lazy. I know I can come up with 20 or 30 minutes a day if I try. just when my son is asleep I don't want to do anything at all. But I plan to this week.My victory this week isn't exactly weight loss related, but it will be big for me energy levels and sanity. For the last 4 nights my son has slept in his own bed. Last night he only woke up one time to eat. Napping is still an issue but if I can sleep at night we're headed in the right direction.

Children sleeping is definitely a huge victory! Congrats on the loss! And you know you can get those workouts in easier now that you are getting a good night's sleep!

Friday's QOTD:
I lost 0 this week, but I attribute it to AF. I have to learn that I'm probably not going to lose anything that 1 week a month. It's a hard time for me.
AF wreaks havoc with my weight loss! Hang in there, and you'll have a huge jump next week!

And my hard work paid off -- I am DOWN 6.6 pounds this week! I am so excited and so happy that my hard work and discipline actually showed up on the scale.
That is amazing for someone that can't move around!!! I am so proud of you!

QOTD My biggest challenge of the week - my family eats whatever they want, and even though I have told DH I am taking part in this challenge, he still brings home crap. Biggest victory - exercising..at least 40 minutes each day since last Friday. Exercise is something I have not done consistently in many years, so to accomplish this is a big step for me.
Congrats on the exercise! Definitely a victory. My DH doesn't get it either!

I didn't get to post yesterday because I was having internet problems, but I really wanted to thank everyone for their replies to my *issues*, especially Taryn!
No problem honey! It's worth taking a little time to organize, plan, and do the night before. You'll get there!

Sorry I've been awol, it's just getting really close to our trip so I'm on the Disneyland section of DIS, mouseplanet and micechat---waaaay too much. I'm still down from my goal weight--I'm at 131, but I'd really like to stay here for the trip. I'm happy to say I've firmed up my under arm flab some just being more aware of those muscles and consciously using them. I'll be on here more after my trip :goodvibes
It's hard to do anything when you are consumed with trip planning! Congrats on those arms!!

The victory is that I did (thankfully) lose 1 pound, which I got by working out anywhere from 40-60 minutes a day and drinking lots of water (or tea). I think exercising is the biggest thing for me, it makes me feel better and it burns off lots of calories.
You're off to a great start, with great habits in place!
REMINDS ME... I am SO proud of all my BL friends here. Even if you didn't have a loss this week, at least you are STILL HERE and plugging away at it. Every day you are thinking about a healthier lifestyle, talking about a healthier lifestyle, and working on LIVING a healthier lifestyle, you are doing it right!! Taryn.... thanks for coaching... especially when you are so busy. Don't feel bad if you can't hop on here very often. We are very good at helping each other out, as you know. My BIGGEST victory of the week occurred today on the scale when I realized that I had lost the bit I gained last week plus some and can officially record a new all-time adult low weight!!

Thanks p! And CONGRATS!!!~! The pjilla plan pulls through again! Way to go on your all time low!

Biggest Victory - making the time to get out and start the C25K program. Got it done 3 times this week.
Way to go! You are off to a great start Shannon. I know you were kind of dreading c25K, but I am so proud of you for getting started!

Part 2: My biggest victory was my weigh in this morning. I was sure I would have a gain this week and because I got focused again I ended up with a 1.6 pound loss for the week!!
ENERGIZER BUNNY IS BACK!!!

I've got my 5K race Saturday.I know that starting it again will make my calves sore with the jumping jacks and jumping rope and I know it'll make the next few running days harder,
I really have to watch the leg stuff when I do Jillian, it does make running the next day harder. I would definitely modify with races in sight!

I got up early and did a 4.3 mile run. I had a lot of trouble catching my breath. Not sure why I couldn't breathe, but it slowed my pace down a lot. Oh well, at least I ran.My biggest victory this week came from the measuring tape, not the scale. Since January I have lost 7 inches from my waist, 4.5 from my hips, 4.5 from my thighs, 4 from my arms and 5 from my bust. That's 25 inches gone from my body! TWENTY FIVE inches! Wow.

I definitely have funs like that. I don't know why some mornings are that way. Remember the picture I posted of fat vs. muscle? Think of all that gone! I had a maintain week last week, but lost inches. Take some pictures, and try not to let the scale get you down. You are doing great!

Off to class everyone! Have a great afternoon!
Taryn

I am happy to report a 2.6lb weight loss this week. :banana:

Friday's QOTD is a 2 part question:
What was your biggest CHALLENGE last week in your weight loss journey,
My biggest challenge was getting my runs in. I got 2 out of 3 in. My DS plays baseball and my dh plays slow pitch softball. These took up 4 nights last week. the nights I tried to go out we had thunderstorms or I only had a mid day timeframe and it was 90+ degrees.

and what step(s) can you take to remove it?
Just try to be more creative with our schedules. Possible get myself out of bed in the morning and just suck it up.

AND what was your biggest VICTORY

completing my 5K race on saturday. I mostly ran the entire race minus just a few hills I walked up. I actually wasnt about to die by the end. It was great to enjoy doing it vs. feeling like I was tourturing myself.

and how did you make it happen?
I have been training. This obviously is the only way to get better. Not sure why I didnt think of this sooner. :lmao:

This morning I went to WW and I am down 2.7 lbs. What a great feeling until the return of the bunny incident. I took my oldest to Walmart and I usually buy cookies that don't really thrill me. He of course picked out what he likes and it happens to be one of my favorites. It's those wafer cookies with the cream in the middle, sorry can't remember the name. I looked at the nutrition facts 4 cookies for 3 pts I can do it. Yeah right who am I kidding I ate all the chocolate and vanilla ones. Just like the bunny I wasn't happy till it was completely gone. I am constantly sabotaging myself I need to get a grip I am like 7 lbs from goal. Now I have to sew my mouth shut all week or just hit the gym really hard tomorrow morning or do both. I had to have eaten at least 12 pts of cookies in like ten minutes. Fridays are the start of my ww week so I have my 35 pts but it's a little early to dip into those. I have 35 days till my trip and only 7 lbs to go. I have to do this. The time is now. 145 lbs here I come.

Wow everyone congrats on the losses this week! :woohoo: I'm still at the lake and have no scale - will pm Shannon for a pass. :goodvibes

Yesterday I went kayaking and hydrobiking - yuck to both!! I went to be a good mom and set a good example for dd but let me just tell they are not my "thing!"

Keeping this short since I'll probably lose my connection here - used my precious time to check in with you all! :grouphug:

Ann I'll be thinking about you tonight!! Go Hawks!

Jen - woo hoo next time I check in you'll be an official half-marathoner!! :cheer2::cheer2:

Thank you to Lisa for coaching last week and to Taryn for coaching this week. I will PM Shannon and JenA my info after I post here.

Friday's QOTD is a 2 part question: Today was our first weigh in of the challenge. What was your biggest CHALLENGE last week in your weight loss journey, and what step(s) can you take to remove it? AND what was your biggest VICTORY, and how did you make it happen?

Excellent QOTD: My biggest challenge was not bingeing. It was also my biggest victory. I had many days were I did not binge-Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday! I even avoided the urge to binge one day! To help me overcome it, I need to plan better and drink more water. When I binged today, it was partially out of feeling low and partially hunger/thirst. I found out today that I can have water at my desk. As sad as this sounds, that made me very happy. I will definitely be drinking more water at work starting on Monday.

I'm looking forward to a very OP weekend. Dinner is something light as is dinner tomorrow. Off to eat, will post more later.

Shelby, I usually go to the post where the COW was posted -- there is a link in post 4 but here it is http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36791248&postcount=253 Then I copy the part with the tasks, fill in the numbers and send it in a PM. In this case you PM it to jenanderson. The total points should be in the RE (subject line). For example, my PM today looks like this:

RE: COW 6/4 11

7 days drinking water
4 eating 2 veggies
11 total

We are very understanding and flexible and if we ask you to do things differently it is just to make it easier for us. Let me know if you have any other questions.

THANK YOU!!!! I just didn't want to do it wrong. :)

Hi all!

Well I did not lose anything this week, but I did not gain either. Plus I know I FEEL better and have been gaining muscle which weighs more than fat so I am ok with this! I will definitely be doing the COW everyday this week and I am going to try to start doing the QOTD more often so....

MY Biggest challenge is resisting food that I KNOW is bad for me. I have been doing a better job since I started working out a few weeks ago but it is definitely really hard to resist some chocolate chip cookies when I make them fresh for my fiance! My fiance is very helpful because he tells me that if I really want something then it's usually better to have it, just a little don't overdo it, than to keep craving it because once I have I will probably not think about it again for a while or once it is in front of me I might not even want it anymore. SO true! he has really helped me with portions and that it is ok to have one chocolate chip cookie but maybe not 6 like I used to!

My biggest victory is maintaining my work out schedule and doing extra workouts! I motivate myself by thinking about my wedding and disney cruise in November and that I just want to be healthier and look better for myself and my fiance! :thumbsup2

I am really struggling right now! I'm baking nanaimo bars and peanut butter blossoms for my brother's birthday tomorrow (they're his favorite) and I suck at NOT licking the bowl when I'm done! I only had about 2 tbsps of the icing, and for a second I thought "well now I've blown my entire day, I'm a failure, so I may as well go all out and pig out all night".

But I stopped myself and came on here to post instead. I still have to finish my baking this evening but I just need to remember that I'm doing this for myself and I don't really want all those extra calories. I will be allowing myself one peanut butter blossom tomorrow (they are my absolute favorite!) and I'll just have to wait until then to eat it :) Besides, just that small amount of sugar made me feel sick!

Have a great evening and a really great weekend!

I am really struggling right now! I'm baking nanaimo bars and peanut butter blossoms for my brother's birthday tomorrow (they're his favorite) and I suck at NOT licking the bowl when I'm done! I only had about 2 tbsps of the icing, and for a second I thought "well now I've blown my entire day, I'm a failure, so I may as well go all out and pig out all night".

But I stopped myself and came on here to post instead. I still have to finish my baking this evening but I just need to remember that I'm doing this for myself and I don't really want all those extra calories. I will be allowing myself one peanut butter blossom tomorrow (they are my absolute favorite!) and I'll just have to wait until then to eat it :) Besides, just that small amount of sugar made me feel sick!

Good for you! :love: It's so hard sometimes to not get discouraged! Keep up the good work!
QOTD: I need to know whento stop eating.....like before bed when I'm tired and not hungry but I go for food!:scared1:
I did manage to lose this week!:woohoo:

OMG Nanaimo bars!!!!! I love those....I have never gotten the recipe because I know I would eat them like crazy! Good for you for coming on here instead! Try chewing a piece of gum while you bake...it sometimes helps me to not take the tastes!

Good luck!

SarahMay

My biggest victory this week came from the measuring tape, not the scale. Since January I have lost 7 inches from my waist, 4.5 from my hips, 4.5 from my thighs, 4 from my arms and 5 from my bust. That's 25 inches gone from my body! TWENTY FIVE inches! Wow.

:cool1::banana:

Well, I've done my physical therapy excercises several times today. Plus I've got one of my 12 pound hand weights on the floor next to the bed and I did a bunch of arm, back and shoulder work. I also have a resistance band that I will incorporate. I'm not sure how I'll get in 20 minutes of exercise each and every day for the COW, but I am determined to try. :)

Okay, now you're motivating me! :worship: If you can get the exercise in so soon after major surgury, I really must be able to find at least 20minutes a day. I was prepared to write off today, since I'll be on the go from afterwork until about 8:30, but if I haven't managed to do 20min of exercise type activity at work, I'll have to make time for 20min when I get home.

I am all about the outfit too. I am hoping to loose enough weight to look good in a running skirt for the princess 1/2. Also Im hoping its not too cold to wear a skirt too.

You can always wear leggings under your skirt and have the best of both worlds. Warm legs and girly skirt! :cutie:

This morning I went to WW and I am down 2.7 lbs. What a great feeling until the return of the bunny incident. I took my oldest to Walmart and I usually buy cookies that don't really thrill me. He of course picked out what he likes and it happens to be one of my favorites. It's those wafer cookies with the cream in the middle, sorry can't remember the name. I looked at the nutrition facts 4 cookies for 3 pts I can do it. Yeah right who am I kidding I ate all the chocolate and vanilla ones. Just like the bunny I wasn't happy till it was completely gone. I am constantly sabotaging myself I need to get a grip I am like 7 lbs from goal. Now I have to sew my mouth shut all week or just hit the gym really hard tomorrow morning or do both. I had to have eaten at least 12 pts of cookies in like ten minutes. Fridays are the start of my ww week so I have my 35 pts but it's a little early to dip into those. I have 35 days till my trip and only 7 lbs to go. I have to do this. The time is now. 145 lbs here I come.

Can you get your son involved in helping you stay away from the foods that aren't good for your weight loss? My kids are okay with not having something when I say its not healthy enough for Mommy; they like being "helpers". They quickly learned that Quizno's wasn't going to happen because its not healthy enough. They also like telling me "no"; so if they get candy, I'll say don't share with Mommy, I need to get healthier, and then if say that looks good, they love to say "NO Mommy". I can't remember how old your son is so it might not work.

Now, I think I'll go do a walk around the plant to vent out a canister that I've been postponing doing but will give me 20minutes of activity. :goodvibes

Been pretty good today. Just had 2 hot dogs on the pita hot dog rolls. They are actually 52 calories each. I don't know where I got 70 from?:confused3

Had a cookie, a strawberry, a few Fritos at the Poetry Cafe. Drank lots of Crystal Lite Lemonade and Raspberry Iced tea. Had another piece of pizza when I got home along with my smoothie. I've also had some potato chips. Not sure if I'll get any more exercise in tonight as I'm enjoying my lite beer now.

Will do the 4 mile Walk in the morning before taking DD2 to her soccer game. I'll also get in another workout after as we are going out to a friend's house and I will have to try and be good. I'll be taking some hummus and pita bread with us and probably some chips and dip.

Watching the Dinner Impossible from Epcot that was on the other night. I fell asleep watching it the other night and the girls wanted to see it. Not sure what we'll do tonight, maybe watch a movie or play a game!

Enjoy your night!

GOOD FRIDAY MORNING ALL!!!!! I am Taryn, and I will be your coach this week! Thanks to Lisa for a great job last week, Shannon (LuvBaloo)for being our weight keeper, and jenanderson for the COW! I hope the scale is good to you this week!

Happy Friday Everyone!

A big grateful thanks to Lisa, Shannon, and Jen... (I'm going to try the Cow this week).
and Thanks to Taryn for Coaching during this very busy work week.

Happy to report a 3 lb loss

QOTD
My Biggest Challenge this past week and all during the last challenge is
"Sticking To IT" Staying on Track, I tend to Start out Strong and then start to self sabotage... This time I'm trying to truly take it One Day at a Time
A Huge Victory for me is that I have walked everyday (except one) for the past 12 days. I know that this may not seem like a lot
to all you Triggers and Runners out there but for me it's big. My goal is to walk 6 days a week.

Well I need to :surfweb: Catch up as usual
Have a wonderful and healthy weekend :flower3:

Been pretty good today. Just had 2 hot dogs on the pita hot dog rolls. They are actually 52 calories each. I don't know where I got 70 from?:confused3

Had a cookie, a strawberry, a few Fritos at the Poetry Cafe. Drank lots of Crystal Lite Lemonade and Raspberry Iced tea. Had another piece of pizza when I got home along with my smoothie. I've also had some potato chips. Not sure if I'll get any more exercise in tonight as I'm enjoying my lite beer now.

Will do the 4 mile Walk in the morning before taking DD2 to her soccer game. I'll also get in another workout after as we are going out to a friend's house and I will have to try and be good. I'll be taking some hummus and pita bread with us and probably some chips and dip.

Watching the Dinner Impossible from Epcot that was on the other night. I fell asleep watching it the other night and the girls wanted to see it. Not sure what we'll do tonight, maybe watch a movie or play a game!

Enjoy your night!

Good thing they rerun DI on Sat. afternoon. I will have to catch it tomorrow between work and church:thumbsup2 We love Chef Robert and George.

Y'all have really gotten me thinking about walking a half marathon or something like that. If one of you could send me more info on how to do it I'd appreciate it. Training info and stuff like that are appreciated. I may even be able to talk DH into training with me. Not the dog though. He's a little Lhasa and I think a half marathon training might do him in:rotfl:

Tis my work weekend so you won't hear much from me. I may check into read but probably won't post. I'm off on Monday so I'll at least catch up with the QOTDs then.

Have fun everybody

You are so incredible! Your determination is a true inspiration. Way to go!

My biggest challenge was just getting into the mindset to get started. I knew the weekend would be a big bust, so I had to be extra on top of things when I was able to begin on Tuesday. My biggest challenge is going to be weekends. I like to go out with friends, and my family and I like to go out to eat a LOT. I think I just need to find the willpower to eat better when we do go out.

My biggest victory was the 2.6 pound loss considering I only started on Tuesday! I made it happen by cooking at home rather than eating out and keeping track of everything on SparkPeople.

WOW! 2.6 since Tuesday is really, really good. I have a hard time with eating out and weekends, too. I try to find the healthiest thing on the menu, or a smaller portion of the not so good stuff, and then hit a workout hard afterwards. Honestly, after binging and feeling miserable a few times, I find it easier to eat less!!

Wow half the time no one every listens to what I have to say, Im always the one who starts to talk and then I have to be like "hello is anyone listening to me" so for you to actually quote me I feel so proud. Glad to add to your page.

You have very important things to say! We are always listening! :hug:

I am happy to report a 2.6lb weight loss this week. :banana:
My biggest challenge was getting my runs in. I got 2 out of 3 in. My DS plays baseball and my dh plays slow pitch softball. These took up 4 nights last week. the nights I tried to go out we had thunderstorms or I only had a mid day timeframe...:
Sorry, I accidentally deleted the last part of the sentence. Honestly, since I started running, I have found that sucking it up and running in the am is the only way I am guaranteed to get it in. Plus, it helps me start the day with a sense of accomplishment. I've only had to run in the rain 2 times, and snow a few when I started, but IMHO, morning is the only way for ME to go!

This morning I went to WW and I am down 2.7 lbs. I have 35 days till my trip and only 7 lbs to go. I have to do this. The time is now. 145 lbs here I come.
You can totally do this! I understand the temptations, and the inability to stop. I have to get out only what I say I can have, leave the room, and not re-enter it. If I find myself going back for more, I jump on here or do some laundry or something.

Wow everyone congrats on the losses this week! :woohoo: I'm still at the lake and have no scale - will pm Shannon for a pass. :goodvibes:

We miss you Jennifer! Sounds like you are having a great time!

Excellent QOTD: My biggest challenge was not bingeing. It was also my biggest victory. I had many days were I did not binge-Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday! I even avoided the urge to binge one day! To help me overcome it, I need to plan better and drink more water.

:cool1::cool1: Glad you overcame, and know how to keep in it check.

Hi all! Well I did not lose anything this week, but I did not gain either. Plus I know I FEEL better and have been gaining muscle which weighs more than fat so I am ok with this!

Take your measurements, and you will be surprised at the changes in your body that the scale doesn't show! You will be a beautiful bride!

I am really struggling right now! I'm baking nanaimo bars and peanut butter blossoms for my brother's birthday tomorrow (they're his favorite) and I suck at NOT licking the bowl when I'm done! I only had about 2 tbsps of the icing, and for a second I thought "well now I've blown my entire day, I'm a failure, so I may as well go all out and pig out all night". But I stopped myself and came on here to post instead.

Great job at stopping yourself. Give yourself a :hug:. Your brother is lucky to have you!

I was prepared to write off today, since I'll be on the go from afterwork until about 8:30, but if I haven't managed to do 20min of exercise type activity at work, I'll have to make time for 20min when I get home. My kids are okay with not having something when I say its not healthy enough for Mommy; they like being "helpers".

Good job on motivating yourself, and what sweet kids. You should be proud!

Been pretty good today.Will do the 4 mile Walk in the morning before taking DD2 to her soccer game. I'll also get in another workout after as we are going out to a friend's house and I will have to try and be good. I'll be taking some hummus and pita bread with us and probably some chips and dip.
You can do this Tracey. When you reach for the food, remember how mad you were at yourself last weekend after all the food. Plus, if you are good, I will have to be, too! GOAL IS IN SITE FOR YOU!

Happy to report a 3 lb loss

QOTD
My Biggest Challenge this past week and all during the last challenge is
"Sticking To IT" Staying on Track, I tend to Start out Strong and then start to self sabotage... This time I'm trying to truly take it One Day at a Time
A Huge Victory for me is that I have walked everyday (except one) for the past 12 days. I know that this may not seem like a lot
to all you Triggers and Runners out there but for me it's big. My goal is to walk 6 days a week.

You have a great attitude! It does seem like a lot, because I certainly don't run everyday. That 3lb loss is great, lady!

Home a little early from class. He let us go early to read for tomorrow. Got on Dis instead. Oh well. I have to report that I did not eat any dessert at the end of year luncheon today, and a very small dinner. I am still famished, so I am off to eat some veggies while I read. I have to report in, b/c that accountability is huge for me.

I don't know if I'll make it back on tonight or not, but I'll get QOTD up before I leave for class in the am!

Have a great night, and DON'T EAT ANYTHING ELSE, at least you East Coasters. West Coasters, please have dinner!

:hug::flower3::yay:
Taryn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter