Between HHI & WDW - one place that is a must see

qv09vvp

Disney or Bust
We are finally doing HHI but then driving down to WDW . Seems like a 5 hour drive.. (we're from Texas so not big deal) But as many times as we've been to WDW...we've never ventured out to the coast so we are curious where others would recommend for a stop. could be a few hours to an overnight. TIA

Seriously though, how long do you have? Wormsloe outside Savannah is a nice two hour stop. If you have longer I’d recommend St Augustine and Castillo De San Marcus. If you’re into car racing stop by the Daytona Speedway. Or stop at the Timucuan Preserve in Jacksonville, including Fort Caroline and Kingsley Plantation.

Seriously though, how long do you have? Wormsloe outside Savannah is a nice two hour stop. If you have longer I’d recommend St Augustine and Castillo De San Marcus. If you’re into car racing stop by the Daytona Speedway. Or stop at the Timucuan Preserve in Jacksonville, including Fort Caroline and Kingsley Plantation.
undecided.. we may take a day or 2 to drive down...depends on the what there is to see or do. :)

undecided.. we may take a day or 2 to drive down...depends on the what there is to see or do. :)
I haven’t been there yet but Cumberland Island National Seashore is right on the border of Georgia and Florida. I would think it would be a fun half day. Beaches and historical buildings.

And if you’re into history I’d also recommend Fort Matanzas National Monument just south of St Augustine.

We are finally doing HHI but then driving down to WDW . Seems like a 5 hour drive.. (we're from Texas so not big deal) But as many times as we've been to WDW...we've never ventured out to the coast so we are curious where others would recommend for a stop. could be a few hours to an overnight. TIA
We would recommend visiting savannah
Then your trip is sc, ga, fl stops
Only about an hour from the dhhi resort

2nd St Augustine. Super cool and historic downtown, and as mentioned the fort there is very cool.

We would recommend visiting savannah
Then your trip is sc, ga, fl stops
Only about an hour from the dhhi resort
Just be aware of where you are once it gets dark. There is a definitive line of okay and not so okay at night. But I vote go for it during the daytime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter