Better to visit before or after Christmas?

wheredreamsbegin

DIS Veteran
My friend is planning to go to WDW in December. Is WDW less crowded the week before Christmas or the week after Christmas? If she goes the week before Christmas she will not be there Christmas Day. If she goes the week after Christmas, she will not be there New Year's Day. (It is probably really crowded both weeks, but if you had to pick one over the other, which would you pick?)

Thank you in advance!

Speaking from experience, the crowds really start to get progressively heavier starting around Dec 22nd. I normally am out of there before then (if I can avoid it at all cost.) This way you get to enjoy all the Christmas-y things Disney has to offer before it gets inundated with people coming in for the holiday week. Hope this helps, and have a fabulous time, no matter when you decide to go!!!

I've never been at either time, but from what I read on these Boards, it sounds like the week after Christmas is the busiest week of the year.

The parks are great till about the 19th or so.Then it is PACKED:crowded::crowded::crowded: till around Jan 4th or so.

From personal experience, it's incredibly crowded the week after Christmas. I will say, though, that Disney does the best New Year's Eve celebration.

The week between Christmas and New Years is generally the single most crowded week of the entire year in WDW...

If those are the only two choices, the week before is the lesser of two evils (not that a crowded week at WDW is evil, of course). :)

The week between Christmas and New Years is generally the single most crowded week of the entire year in WDW...

Exactly! I will never, ever do the week after Christmas again. On the other hand, we LOVE the week before. You're talking two different extremes in crowd levels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter